Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think he necessarily knocks Thor down, I took it more as he jumped on him and tried to knock him down then gets carried out of camera (I could be wrong) and that could certainly add some humor to the scene. (which I think a little humor will be needed to balance the dark) SO I think he might be just a regular guy who is trying to protect Darcy, and finds he bit off more than he can chew. Again I could be wrong. let me copy paste that part, hm...

okay so I may be confusing guy who is about to kiss Darcy and falls down and guy who jumps on Thor. Guy who jumps on Thor is someone else I guess. (and that could be Loki, or Toms stuntdouble maybe)

edit: yes, she says those are two different guys. :)

Thanks for claifiying, after reading it a couple times. I kind of thought they were two different people, but good to get clarification.

Surfer

Thanks for claifiying, after reading it a couple times. I kind of thought they were two different people, but good to get clarification.

Surfer

We might get treated to more clarification than that, as I see princehals lurking down there. :) Come join in! :) Welcome!

Ian Boothby....?
That's gotta be a joke. Ian Boothby is a very famous comic book artist for Matt Groening's Simpsons and Futurama, and he looks nothing like this Jonathan Howard guy listed on IMDB.

Um, hello - girl from tumblr here. Kinda thought it was easier to make an account on here than to randomly post stuff on my blog and hope you guys see it.
So, yeah, just to clarify; the guy that falls over and the guy that jumps on Thor are two different people :)
If you want to ask me/double check about anything else, go ahead; I realise the post might be kinda confusing to read (it was pretty damn confusing to watch so). Er. Yep :)

Um, hello - girl from tumblr here. Kinda thought it was easier to make an account on here than to randomly post stuff on my blog and hope you guys see it.
So, yeah, just to clarify; the guy that falls over and the guy that jumps on Thor are two different people :)
If you want to ask me/double check about anything else, go ahead; I realise the post might be kinda confusing to read (it was pretty damn confusing to watch so). Er. Yep :)

Okay so question what did the guy who jumped on Thor look like? Could that be Loki (or Tom's stunt double standing in)? It sounds like what you saw was rehearsal not filming?

Ha, thank you for the welcome! :)

You're welcome thanks again for sharing! :)

No problem :)

I don't think it was Tom, or his double, though of course it was hard to tell from that distance. In all honesty, it sort of just looked like a crew member; average height guy with an enormous, puffy coat on... it's entirely possible it was a stand in for someone though - the guy standing in for Thor bore no resemblance to him whatsoever; the only way to tell it was him was that he was wearing the cape.

Yeah, you're right, it was just a rehearsal. As soon as they started shooting they moved us away - we were in the background of the shot.

okay, so rehearsal and stand ins so who knows who jumps on Thor (on his back or the front of Thor?). Out of curiosity, does Thor get knocked down, almost knocked down, or does the guy just kind of jump on him and Thor isn't really effected? From you description it almost sounds like the guy is just hanging on Thor and he isn't bothered by the attack, like almost a humorous scene of some mortal trying to take Thor down.

If you cant recall all of this clearly, that's okay. LOL I understand.

thanks!

Ha, no, it's fine! :)

It was really weird; he jumped on him from infront, so he had his legs wrapped around his waist. Thor didn't really seem that perturbed; he doesn't stumble, or fall or anything, he just runs out of the shot. (I can't remember if he wrapped his arms around the guy first?)

It was really weird; he jumped on him from infront, so he had his legs wrapped around his waist. Thor didn't really seem that perturbed; he doesn't stumble, or fall or anything, he just runs out of the shot. (I can't remember if he wrapped his arms around the guy first?)

HA!! That sounds SO funny! I can't wait to see who does that and why and in what context. :whatever: (not to mention the look on Thor's face) No wonder you were confused. :huh:

Exactly! My friend reckons the scene might be a bit of comic relief; if it's Alan Taylor presumably it'll mostly be dark, and might need some ligher moments - I don't know though.
Something else that kinda corroborates the humour possibility is that when the skinny grabs possibly Kat, he doesn't just go to kiss her, he sort of dips her; as though they were doing some sort of dance? :p

Is it possible that the guy was a stand in for Jane Foster since this was a rehearsal, maybe it is them reuniting for the first time since the first film.
Odd the running off part though. Maybe he is trying to find a hotel. Lol

Surfer

Ahaha, could be...

I don't think it was meant to be her; 99% sure we could see Natalie Portman - if you look at the pictures, I think it's her in the purple coat? She came quite close to us, because she had to be chased down the hall by the elves.

Last edited:
Exactly! My friend reckons the scene might be a bit of comic relief; if it's Alan Taylor presumably it'll mostly be dark, and might need some ligher moments - I don't know though.
Something else that kinda corroborates the humour possibility is that when the skinny grabs possibly Kat, he doesn't just go to kiss her, he sort of dips her; as though they were doing some sort of dance? :p

Okay so it seems that skinny guy is most definitely a love interest for Darcy.

Yes I agree they are going to need to invoke some humor into what is going to be a dark picture, I think.

I wonder if the stand in jumping on Thor could be for Jane greeting him enthusiastically? :woot: But Thor has bigger fish to fry at that moment (the Dark Elves) could be, they wouldnt necessarily need to use a female stand it for a little rehearsal.

Is it possible that the guy was a stand in for Jane Foster since this was a rehearsal, maybe it is them reuniting for the first time since the first film.

Surfer

LOL.. I was thinking the same thing. Again if it was rehersal they may not have used Natalie for that until ready to film or something.

Ahaha, could be...

I don't think it was meant to be her; 99% sure we could see Natalie Portman - if you look at the pictures, I think it's her in the purple coat? She came quite close to us, because she had to be chased down the hall by the aliens.

We'll have to wait and see I guess! This filming out of order business is VERY confusing!

Well, like I said above, we were pretty sure we could see Jane - other than that though, I guess it makes sense.

Actually, now I think about it, by the time this guy leapt on Thor, Natalie was stood slightly away from the action.. so it's possible he was rehearsing it for her, despite her being there?

I mean; she ran in, and was surrounded briefly by elves, who then left. Then Natalie kind of faded into the background for the rest of the rehearsal...

I think it's time for me to back out of the thor boards for a little while, lol. There is WAY too much going on for my mind to wrap around right now

Well, like I said above, we were pretty sure we could see Jane - other than that though, I guess it makes sense.

Actually, now I think about it, by the time this guy leapt on Thor, Natalie was stood slightly away from the action.. so it's possible he was rehearsing it for her, despite her being there?

I mean; she ran in, and was surrounded briefly by elves, who then left. Then Natalie kind of faded into the background for the rest of the rehearsal...

Yeah, exactly they are no doubt rehearsing different pieces at different moment, and not necessarily in order so, it may be meant to be her. I can see her doing that after not seeing him so long. And like you said he doesnt stumble or get knocked down so that makes me think it's not Kurse or even Loki or Malekith attacking (and why would they attack like that?) So I'm leaning towards it was meant to be Jane.

Hi, guys!
I think I might have the answer to who it is....
http://www.youtube.com/embed/GrxHDzyLqjE"

Feel free to correct me if i´m wrong :cwink:

Last edited:
I think it is two possible scenarios regarding the guy jumping on Thor.

1. It is a random guy that gets scared and jumps on Thor and says "Save Me".

2. Or we have a reuniting scene between Jane and Thor.

Jane jumps on Thor. I have missed you my love. Thor, not now woman I need to save the world. Lol

Surfer

Surfer

That's where I'm putting my money.
One guy is supposed to be Fandral, dipping Darcy gallantly; the other is supposed to be Jane's rehearsal stand-in, and Jane is going to literally jump Thor's bones.

Sounds like they're filming a reunion shot.

Thanks for posting the awesome footage of the set. However, I didn't quite understand your answer as to who it was.

Surfer
Well, mayby I missunderstod what you were talking about.:woot: Was´nt it who "attact" Thor?
In this clip it was Malekith!:yay:

@princehals: Thanks so much for all the info. And welcome to the Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95