Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I shouldn't... but I'm sorry, I can't resist....
People make Grown Ups hits and other movies hit here like Twilight and other films. So safe to assume reasonable processing of thought may not be in full capability and capacity, reason of Tron bombing so badly was dumb choice of color scheme. Peoples reject thiese things... REmember overall audience intelligent ok but most can also be judgemental and confuze over what may appear to be simple but really big thing deals ok. Try to get. Try to know. Cater to audience. Now using similar or same color palettes does not whet appetite, Blue with Blue on Tron happened and it was rejected, very same reason for Captain America costume made so much fun of in Avenger despite movie being hit. Members in viewing public DISCERN that this is copy or poor inspiration from other prior work without any CREDITING of prior film work (Tron should have credit to Avatar, Avenger should have credit to AVatar simple, then audience will appreciate more).
First of all... I wasn't aware that making more than double your production budget and having a 3rd film announced and close to entering preproduction (first draft of the script is about 2 weeks away from being delivered to Kosinski [source]) was "bombing so badly" - if it is, than geeze...I wish I could have something bomb like that.

Second, Tron should have credited Avatar? Right because Avatar was the first EVER to use that color scheme and so that must mean they copied that. Because, you know the first Tron film didn't use ANY "blue on blue" tints/colorings.... oh wait, that's right, it DID
Croms-cell.jpg

energy-drinks.bmp

Energy_pool2.jpg

185px-Flynn.png
Oh, and one final thing... let's also totally ignore the fact that they had wrapped production and already started on post-production before Avatar even hit theaters and considering some of the environments had actual physical sets (the club, Flynn's sanctuary are ones I can think of off the top of my head), I think it's safe to say they had what they wanted for a color scheme locked down/known before anyone in the general audience had even seen Avatar.

Okay, my Tron rant is over, back to being on topic of Thor and what everyone else is talking about with Bill... I've said this before elsewhere, I'm not a reader of the comics, I am aware of who he is though and I saw an episode of the Avengers cartoon with him in it. I think my main concern with him on screen in a live action film is if they can pull off the look of him without it seeming....hokey? Fake? I think it might be the same reason I'm kind of unsure about the GotG film. However, when GotG comes out and if that film can end up pulling off what it needs to pull off, than I could see them probably being able to pull Bill off in a live action setting as well if they choose to. I'm willing to try and keep an open mind, especially when it comes to Asgard/the cosmos related stuff.

Hope that all made sense....and sorry about going off regarding Tron: Legacy, I really liked the film for what it was (it wasn't perfect, but in the long run... I was happy with what they did)

I know...sorry... even if echo responds to me, I'm going to ignore whatever they say. I just had to get that out of my system.
Haha, thanks for saying it for the rest of us. Hopefully we can drop this

On a related note, I'm expecting a fantastic color palette for Thor: The Dark World. Blood reds, dirty yellows, lush greens, deep blues, dark...elves...

Haha, thanks for saying it for the rest of us. Hopefully we can drop this

On a related note, I'm expecting a fantastic color palette for Thor: The Dark World. Blood reds, dirty yellows, lush greens, deep blues, dark...elves...
......LotR like :D

hehehe :woot:

That level of crazy isn't even trolling

he's either a genius or straight insane

and Thor.. yes.. Thor good
very excited

I loved the color palette of Asgard in the first film. I know some people (mostly on other message boards) that didn't much care for it, but I thought the golds of the buildings looked wonderful against the cosmic sky, not to mention the richness of the colors on the costumes (Thor's red cape, Loki's green), it really 'worked' and helped sell the other world-ness for me. So yeah, I can't wait to see what we get with TDW in terms of color schemes :woot:

I loved the color palette of Asgard in the first film. I know some people (mostly on other message boards) that didn't much care for it, but I thought the golds of the buildings looked wonderful against the cosmic sky, not to mention the richness of the colors on the costumes (Thor's red cape, Loki's green), it really 'worked' and helped sell the other world-ness for me. So yeah, I can't wait to see what we get with TDW in terms of color schemes :woot:
Yeah, the only thing I didn't like about Thor's palette was Jotunheim. There just wasn't enough contrast and while it made the whole place look war torn and ravaged, the lack of light or color really made the battle hard to follow and the Jotuns hard to see.

As for this movie, for some reason I'm expecting a... dark world of some kind? =P

I know I shouldn't... but I'm sorry, I can't resist....

First of all... I wasn't aware that making more than double your production budget and having a 3rd film announced and close to entering preproduction (first draft of the script is about 2 weeks away from being delivered to Kosinski [source]) was "bombing so badly" - if it is, than geeze...I wish I could have something bomb like that.

Second, Tron should have credited Avatar? Right because Avatar was the first EVER to use that color scheme and so that must mean they copied that. Because, you know the first Tron film didn't use ANY "blue on blue" tints/colorings.... oh wait, that's right, it DID
Croms-cell.jpg

energy-drinks.bmp

Energy_pool2.jpg

185px-Flynn.png
Oh, and one final thing... let's also totally ignore the fact that they had wrapped production and already started on post-production before Avatar even hit theaters and considering some of the environments had actual physical sets (the club, Flynn's sanctuary are ones I can think of off the top of my head), I think it's safe to say they had what they wanted for a color scheme locked down/known before anyone in the general audience had even seen Avatar.

Okay, my Tron rant is over, back to being on topic of Thor and what everyone else is talking about with Bill... I've said this before elsewhere, I'm not a reader of the comics, I am aware of who he is though and I saw an episode of the Avengers cartoon with him in it. I think my main concern with him on screen in a live action film is if they can pull off the look of him without it seeming....hokey? Fake? I think it might be the same reason I'm kind of unsure about the GotG film. However, when GotG comes out and if that film can end up pulling off what it needs to pull off, than I could see them probably being able to pull Bill off in a live action setting as well if they choose to. I'm willing to try and keep an open mind, especially when it comes to Asgard/the cosmos related stuff.

Hope that all made sense....and sorry about going off regarding Tron: Legacy, I really liked the film for what it was (it wasn't perfect, but in the long run... I was happy with what they did)

don't feed the trolls...

dont take him seriously. He's a good poster. But he goes off on these troll like tangents lol, if you read all his posts, you'll see why these are actually pretty funny lol

"Hmm, wonder what's going on over on the Thor boards..."

*TRON!!!!!* o_o

seriously though, how great is TRON: Legacy on Blu-Ray? :D

ok, anyway, totally agree on Jotunheim being too damn dark (especially if you saw Thor in 3D at the cinema). Kinda makes me wonder how they'll go about the "Dark World" as far as lighting goes. Thor enters the Dark World and is all "Pfft, I've seen darker..."

*TRON!!!!!* o_o

ok, anyway, totally agree on Jotunheim being too damn dark (especially if you saw Thor in 3D at the cinema). Kinda makes me wonder how they'll go about the "Dark World" as far as lighting goes. Thor enters the Dark World and is all "Pfft, I've seen darker..."
:pal:

"Your world's dark. Seen darker."

I think Beta Ray Bill could work, if Thor "died" and went to Hel. BRB becomes his replacement on Asgard/Midgard, since there always has to be a God of Thunder. Either Thor dies in battle helping BRB in the beginning or has to go to Hel to rescue someone else (Jane, maybe she dies in Dark World). You could have the 2 parallel stories for most of the film. BRB taking the mantle of God of Thunder and helping to repel the demons who attacked his people and are now invading Asgard. And Thor in Hel trying to rescue someone or escape Hel. The stories converge with Surtur. I know Surtur's realm and Hel are different, but there could be some massaging to make the stories converge in a logical sense.

I wonder if they'll make another comic book tie in that will explain on why SHIELD and the other Avengers won't be making their way to London during the invasion from the Dark Elves since something like that would be big enough to get their attention as well.

The reason why I say that is that, until we get confirmation of when the events of "Winter Soldier" takes place, we know that the events of "Thor 2" take place a whole year after the events of "The Avengers" as opposed to the events of "Iron Man 3" which only take place a few months afterwards.

*TRON!!!!!* o_o

I loved Tron. It was especially beautiful to look at and the score was amazing.

I still don't have either Tron on dvd. I saw both in theaters and did have the VHS of Tron, but I still don't think Joutenheim looked like Tron.

Last edited:
I still don't have either Tron on dvd. I saw both in theaters and did have the VHS of Tron, but I still don't think Joutenheim looked like Tron.

It doesn't.

It looks like Avatar.:woot:

People make Grown Ups hits and other movies hit here like Twilight and other films. So safe to assume reasonable processing of thought may not be in full capability and capacity, reason of Tron bombing so badly was dumb choice of color scheme. Peoples reject thiese things... REmember overall audience intelligent ok but most can also be judgemental and confuze over what may appear to be simple but really big thing deals ok. Try to get. Try to know. Cater to audience. Now using similar or same color palettes does not whet appetite, Blue with Blue on Tron happened and it was rejected, very same reason for Captain America costume made so much fun of in Avenger despite movie being hit. Members in viewing public DISCERN that this is copy or poor inspiration from other prior work without any CREDITING of prior film work (Tron should have credit to Avatar, Avenger should have credit to AVatar simple, then audience will appreciate more).

Jose (or Jorge as known in inner circles) Kosinski now wise with Oblivion. Choose BIG BIG STAR in terms of Tom Cruise, immediately distinguishes film, and WHITE color palate... no stupid blue copying or neon dark blue. He makes film look so visually unique, Beautiful desolation as he say, everything WHITE, CRYSTAL, NEW FRESH against desolate backdrop... Something that CATCHES EYE in audience EYE that makes one go to see film. FRESH new LOOK that's absolutely key.

Now why introduce character that has EXACT same costume even with some of you as you say horse face (he's not a horse, he's an alien... why would they have Horse in Thor costume and make up, SHEESH). IT will so so silly to see Thor with unique viking like red cape costume and horse-man Beta Ray bill WITH EXACT Same costume fighting alongside. No fun, no uniqueness, just double role... stupid and CONFUSING (Multiplicity with 8 Michael Keaton, why no one watch? Stupid cuz all the same actor walking all around, NEED FRESHNESS, You HAVE to put in time to develop NEW LOOK, not have same actor or same looking going around).

This is clear cut case if they introduce Horse Ray Bill that people WILL EASILY confuse. Red capes both flying around with long distance CGI shots, who is hitting who? Which one is hitting on Malakeith? Can't make out unless you clearly see up close which is stupid then you can't see action shot of hammer striking Dark Elves or Malakeith. Why even introduce characters that look the same

Reason for EXACT same dumb idea of putting in BIzarro into Superman, No one want to see this as one wants to see FRESH NEW LOOKING DIFFERENT characters... not just same, it's copying, and totally confusing. Audiences will confuse both and just reject outright...

Foul Moderator, stop misdirecting us with your lies! You have posted an image of that infernally dull movie based upon the far superior animated show! What say you in your defense!?

I only showed a picture :D Never said a word about either "A" word lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"