Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing obnoxious about that body!

What I love about the casting is that nobody questions whether Chris is suitable for the role of Thor, even if the movie wasn't their favourite. Bodily assets aside, I haven't heard anybody whinge about Chris' acting skills either. Plus his voice suits his stature. He's so great as Thor.

There's nothing obnoxious about that body!

What I love about the casting is that nobody questions whether Chris is suitable for the role of Thor, even if the movie wasn't their favourite. Bodily assets aside, I haven't heard anybody whinge about Chris' acting skills either. Plus his voice suits his stature. He's so great as Thor.

yes, he's an excellent Thor. Now he just needs an awesome story.

Apparently a Thor 2 trailer was shown at the Disney Consumer Show in Mexico:
imagetzu.jpg

It starts with a voiceover, is Thor, you see some scenes of a big battle and then Jane Foster and other humans running scared cause something is "coming". Thor says: "I promised I would return for you" as we see Thor arriving Earth to take Jane to Asgard.

Apparently the fight scenes are pretty awesome, and the trailer shows that Thor is out of Malekith's league (I assume this person meant Malekith is out of Thor's league, which is kinda weird), in fact we can see a very damaged and tired God of Thunder. And since he's no match for the Dark Elves, the mighty Avenger will have to search for help. This leads us to a scene where we see a big crystal prison and there's someone sitting on the ground. It's Loki.
Thor says: I need your help, but if you betray me… I will kill you. Loki smiles and answers: What do I have to do?

Then we see another scene of Thor figthing Malekith while Jane is watching. Malekith looks threatening. Jane looks terrified. Thor looks overwhelmed. Malekith stares at Jane and Thor yells: NOOOOO!

Last edited:
^ Malekith being out of Thor's league?

I really hope that isn't the case, otherwise what would be the point of Kurse?

Kurse = even more out of Thor's league.?

I don't think this means Malekith is stronger than Thor or anything like that, but the whole magic thing could be how he outguns him initially.

Malekith definitely won't, on his own, outclass Thor. There has to be something more to it.

Not to bring the Infinity Gauntlet into this but... maybe he's using the power gem. Isn't it the red one?

Last edited:
maybe Kurse is Malekith's upper hand?

But I like that Thor is going up against an enemy that is going to give him his money's worth plus more in a fight, whether that be due to mind games, magic, or brute strength we don't know yet. But if he's calling Loki up to the plate to assist him and the warriors 3 + Sif (I assume) then something big is a brewing in Asgard/Midgard/Elf-Land and I am all for that!

Yeah, it probably means the whole threat (Malekith, dark elves and Kurse) is more than Thor can handle.

Can't wait for the trailer anyway!

Last edited:
Sounds good. It's pointless having a baddie if he poses absolutely no threat to Thor.

I did expect to hear more descriptions about Asgard though. Or a bit of a hint about the rumored Unfortunate Death.

Just remembered that this movie will be the first one to where Paramount won't have its title attached to the trailers or film. Do you guys think the Disney title graphic will appear in its stead, or will it just be Marvel's? Either way, it'll be interesting to see it that way before Iron Man 3 in theaters.

I think it was a translation issue. I doubt they go Destroyer on us x 2 for this.

HOPEFULLY we'll see some kind of trailer footage on-line somewhere. I'd look but I don't speak much Spanish lol

People make Grown Ups hits and other movies hit here like Twilight and other films. So safe to assume reasonable processing of thought may not be in full capability and capacity, reason of Tron bombing so badly was dumb choice of color scheme. Peoples reject thiese things... REmember overall audience intelligent ok but most can also be judgemental and confuze over what may appear to be simple but really big thing deals ok. Try to get. Try to know. Cater to audience. Now using similar or same color palettes does not whet appetite, Blue with Blue on Tron happened and it was rejected, very same reason for Captain America costume made so much fun of in Avenger despite movie being hit. Members in viewing public DISCERN that this is copy or poor inspiration from other prior work without any CREDITING of prior film work (Tron should have credit to Avatar, Avenger should have credit to AVatar simple, then audience will appreciate more).

Jose (or Jorge as known in inner circles) Kosinski now wise with Oblivion. Choose BIG BIG STAR in terms of Tom Cruise, immediately distinguishes film, and WHITE color palate... no stupid blue copying or neon dark blue. He makes film look so visually unique, Beautiful desolation as he say, everything WHITE, CRYSTAL, NEW FRESH against desolate backdrop... Something that CATCHES EYE in audience EYE that makes one go to see film. FRESH new LOOK that's absolutely key.

Now why introduce character that has EXACT same costume even with some of you as you say horse face (he's not a horse, he's an alien... why would they have Horse in Thor costume and make up, SHEESH). IT will so so silly to see Thor with unique viking like red cape costume and horse-man Beta Ray bill WITH EXACT Same costume fighting alongside. No fun, no uniqueness, just double role... stupid and CONFUSING (Multiplicity with 8 Michael Keaton, why no one watch? Stupid cuz all the same actor walking all around, NEED FRESHNESS, You HAVE to put in time to develop NEW LOOK, not have same actor or same looking going around).

This is clear cut case if they introduce Horse Ray Bill that people WILL EASILY confuse. Red capes both flying around with long distance CGI shots, who is hitting who? Which one is hitting on Malakeith? Can't make out unless you clearly see up close which is stupid then you can't see action shot of hammer striking Dark Elves or Malakeith. Why even introduce characters that look the same

Reason for EXACT same dumb idea of putting in BIzarro into Superman, No one want to see this as one wants to see FRESH NEW LOOKING DIFFERENT characters... not just same, it's copying, and totally confusing. Audiences will confuse both and just reject outright...

2wny4hu.jpg

I think the viewer assumes that Malekith is out of the league, because Thor is tired and beaten.
i think Kurse has something to do with it rather than Malekith

I am super excited for Loki to fight side by side with Thor...
I personally think that Thor is underused in MCU, but Loki is far more heavily underused imo.
Loki needs to show his strength

Well Loki did throw Cap around like he was nothing in Avengers. When Cap punched him in the face he barely flinched.

Well Loki did throw Cap around like he was nothing in Avengers. When Cap punched him in the face he barely flinched.

Well I mean, not in physical strength, but in terms of power, and abilities, Loki should be around Thor's level in power

Well I mean, not in physical strength, but in terms of power, and abilities, Loki should be around Thor's level in power

exactly, the opening of the avengers is when Loki shows some of his skills, but the rest of the movie he is really underused

Just remembered that this movie will be the first one to where Paramount won't have its title attached to the trailers or film. Do you guys think the Disney title graphic will appear in its stead, or will it just be Marvel's? Either way, it'll be interesting to see it that way before Iron Man 3 in theaters.

Just Marvel's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"