Thor News and Pics Thread: Oklahoma Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, i see it. it is Coulson. and i prefer extra dimensional beings of god like power to aliens myself. if they have to science it up like that. lol. Beta Ray Bill in Thor 2? maybe not. haha

oh, i see it. it is Coulson. and i prefer extra dimensional beings of god like power to aliens myself. if they have to science it up like that. lol. Beta Ray Bill in Thor 2? maybe not. haha

I would save him for Thor 3, because that would make Thor 2 just like Iron Man 2

I know I posted that article but I too am pissed if they are going to be aliens, it takes away from the grandeur of the story. They are gods to me.

God or not if Thor comes from one of the nine WORLDS of Asgard then he's an alien! An alien god maybe but still an alien!:oldrazz:

As long as they're recognized as ''higher beings'',I'm fine.:)

I Agree Spidey-Jason, I'm fine with the Asgardians being called an alien race as long as they are a highly advanced race, with a different understanding of Science and Magic as they do in the movie.

The sticking point I have is the idea that they came to Earth ages ago and were influenced by the vikings. That's backwards and, frankly, it makes the gods seem less like gods and more like your standard aliens.

Has there been any speculation on who Eric Allan Kramer is going to play in the movie. I'm guessing it will probably be a viking or an Asgardian, but I guess it could be anything(SHIELD agent, ect). I'm hoping he gets a line or two and is not there just as a quick blink and you miss him cameo. Whatever his role I think it is cool that they included him. I love that they are having all these cameos in this movie(Stan Lee, JMS, Kramer). I just wish Walter Simonson had a cameo in it too(and who knows maybe he does).

Also, did anybody notice that on imdb.com they have Dakota Goyo listed as playing a young Thor. I guess we will be getting a few scenes when Thor and Loki were boys together.

The sticking point I have is the idea that they came to Earth ages ago and were influenced by the vikings. That's backwards and, frankly, it makes the gods seem less like gods and more like your standard aliens.

No, they specifically said in an interview that it's the other way around.

They
influenced the vikings. But since the vikings didn't had access to the materials and "tech" that Asgardians had, they did their own thing with wood, feathers, etc...

Last edited:
I really like the way they came around with it. It leaves it open for interpretation if they're gods or not.

Tech and magic are one and the same in this movies, it's a matter of how you see it and how advanced are you to perceive it. If they make this work like I'm thinking, Iron Man and Thor movieverses will fit right into eachother.

No, they specifically said in an interview that it's the other way around.

They
influenced the vikings. But since the vikings didn't had access to the materials and "tech" that Asgardians had, they did their own thing with wood, feathers, etc...

Exactly.That's the way it was described in that interview.

If they were to go one way or the other, definitively, on the gods-or-aliens thing, which one would you guys prefer?

Gods :yay: Aliens just aint as mystical.

Another benefit: If you have them as Gods you also link them directly to Earth too. They are part of the order of things with the world, they just live on a level rarely seen by mortals (Vikings saw and were influenced by them, but nothing else until Thor turns up).

Yeah what wobbly said.

Yeah, Gods.

It gives this tone of epic proportions to their interations and problems. It's reminescent of the old epics from the Ancient Greece times.

Really? I didnt think GH looked that good in 3D
The experience wasn't enhanced or anything but the quality of the 3D itself was fine. Not all choppy or doubled up images or anything. I wouldn't have been able to tell if it were shot in 3D or converted to be honest.

If they were to go one way or the other, definitively, on the gods-or-aliens thing, which one would you guys prefer?

I would rather they be called "gods" over aliens by far. Thor is the "God of Thunder" not the "Alien of Thunder".

I agree. Gods would be awesome. Would marvel be willing to open that can of worms though?

Jaimie Alexander: "Spending a little bit of time in Asgard today :)"

I would rather they be called "gods" over aliens by far. Thor is the "God of Thunder" not the "Alien of Thunder".

I think they've made it quite clear that they are taking the extra-dimensional beings route for the MCU.

I think they've made it quite clear that they are taking the extra-dimensional beings route for the MCU.

I was clearly responding to a question on whether we would like to call Asgardians "gods" or "aliens".

But "extra-dimensional beings" would also be more acceptable than "aliens"

In the comics they are extra-dimensional beings, they have to be because there are different groups, you have asgardians, olympians, egyptian, and even some norse dieties all existing in the same universe, if they were all gods it would just be too complicated

I'm getting a real "Stargate" vibe from the tech/magic thing.

And that's awesome-sauce. Ra was extra cool in that. Didn't really matter if he wasn't a real sun "god".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"