The Dark Knight Rises Tom Hardy as Bane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this idea. A lot better than that idea where he's a member of the LoS, or Talia's bodyguard.

Saying that though, it could be mentioned that he trained with the LoS and that's how Talia could be included.

Saying that though, it could be mentioned that he trained with the LoS and that's how Talia could be included.

Very true. It's just that I am hoping we don't get the LoS again.

Very true. It's just that I am hoping we don't get the LoS again.

I'm finding that a lot around here. Quite a few negative comments about the League of Shadows.

I'm not disagreeing with it or your opinion. What is it you didn't like about it?

I'm finding that a lot around here. Quite a few negative comments about the League of Shadows.

I'm not disagreeing with it or your opinion. What is it you didn't like about it?

Don't get me wrong, I like Ras and the LoS. I just don't want more of the same being brought back into Nolan's final Batman film. I would like it to be entirely new in regards to villians/threat.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ras and the LoS. I just don't want more of the same being brought back into Nolan's final Batman film. I would like it to be entirely new in regards to villians/threat.

Ok. Cool.

I guess I would like to see them back stronger than ever, along with what ever is happening with the mob, causing absolute hell in Gotham.

I'm not sure how it would pan out from there, in terms of Catwoman, Bane etc but seeing the city in total turmoil one last time, before Batman saves the day once and for all would be cool to me.

Alberto bringing in Bane would seem too IM2 like.

But the thing to figure out is why Bane comes to Gotham. What draws him there. Will it be like the comics or will it be something different? Will he come to Gotham to want to bring down Batman or if the prison stuff is true, he escapes to Gotham? It could be various things.

Yeah, bane is someone who sees batman as his natural adversary. From the start thats how he has to be. If he were simply someone who wanted to kill batman, he would use a gun.

It doesnt make for a good movie if he uses weapons, as its not his characterization or very climactic. If deadshot were really a real villain he would pick off batman with a .50 cal from a quarter mile.

But bane, he wants to physically destroy batman, to prove to both of them(batman and himself) that he is the better man.

My version of bane.
Bane has to have a childhood fear of bats, who were with him while he was locked up, and batman is the villain in tdk(according to the cops). for all we know bane could be seeking self redemption in destroying batman(for his crimes in the past).

I would love to see a scene where he kills an entire group of batman impostors, and the finally he picks up the last one over his head and breaks the mans back!!!

The more I think about it, the more I want to see Bruce battle addiction to Venom as his obsession and need to defend Gotham grows, despite the odds stacked against him.

It'll likely never happen, but I said that about Bane once.

If super heroes were real they would all be on venom, its like a professional sports, once someone does it they get a leg ahead, and then another, and another, until everyone is doing it just to be on the same level or they simply cant compete.

We all want to think the good guys dont using steroids and the bad guys do.

I fully agree.

Not to mention, I believe that when Nolan said “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”, I don't think that means they are going to give the character an entire face lift from the comics.

To me that just says that it's another version of him that seperates him from the last live action version. I could be wrong of course, but I believe a lot of people tend to read into things too much, in regards to thinking he's going to be drastically different from the comics.

EXACTLY. Because didn't Heath Ledger bring a "new interpretation" of the Joker? Yet, he was still 100% true to the character and looked great, and performed amazingly.

Hardy will be a modified version of the character we all know and love.

--dk7

I imagine it like this:

Is that from the Knightfall arc? I plan on picking up that arc. And Vengeance of Bane Part I & II. Anyone know if they ever reprinted Vengeance and put it out in graphic novel form?

Am I the only one who thinks Bane in the comics never had a great design?

(runs away in fear)

Anyone know if they ever reprinted Vengeance and put it out in graphic novel form?

I don't think DC ever did, if I'm not mistaken. Batman: Venom was printed in graphic novel form but that's gone out of print. They'll probably re-release it to coincide with the movie when it comes out.

I think Nolan should take Bruce down a more psychological road with TDKR. I think by either giving Bruce amnesia or have him go through a drug addiction only to overcome both in the end would really take the character of Bruce and will make him more human then he currently seems. I think the amnesia road could allow the addition of Talia Al Ghul as she could act as a bridge towards Bruces recovered memory.

Try milehighcomics.com

also they sale both in the collections, but who knows how hard they are to find.

I own both. They were made in the 90's mind you, and neither is hard copy.

Also people have suggested bane work for the mob or get hired by the mob. I don't think that works.

The only way bane really works is if his ultimate purpose is to kill batman.

Last edited:

(runs away in fear)
Nope. I've always thought he was one of the least interesting (visually) characters in the Rogue's.

^Yeah, that's what I thought at the time of Knightfall, thinking along the lines of, 'these modern villans are not a patch on the ones of the past.' As he just looked like a Wrestler, but his motives were interesting, apart from the usual crimelord thing, I mean that parts about him being obsessed with Batman, 'No matter your experience with Venom, you know nothing of it!', things like that were interesting, as if he thought he was the only person to have went through intense pain in life, and if he saw someone else trying to make something of theirs, he would do everything he could to destroy it, just out of jealousy and rage, not even really because he wanted his life or anything, he couldn't have his life, he doesn't have the things going on inside him necesarry to live that life, so he will try to destroy it. 'I will blanken out any eyes that dare look at me..', reminds me of a few folk i have encountered in life.
Hopefully the one from the distant past will learn his lesson and is genuinely sorry , there is hope for him if true, the others? I don't know, they seem too far gone to change, like they don't feel they have any need to change.

Bane wasn't even really interested in Gotham, he was only interested in it because of it's connection to Batman, he wanted to destroy Batman, and the best way of doing that was to take Gotham.

I didn't read any books after KF with Bane, so don't know if the writers put him through any redeeming changes.

Last edited:
I hope Talia doesn't turn out to be the mastermind villain pulling all the strings. That undermines Bane as a character, his intelligence. Maybe Bane betrays her?

God I am worried about this film.

(runs away in fear)

It's not one of the best but it's not bad. He always looked better or worse depending on who was drawing him, Graham Nolan being the best.

I hope Talia doesn't turn out to be the mastermind villain pulling all the strings. That undermines Bane as a character, his intelligence. Maybe Bane betrays her?

God I am worried about this film.

If Bane ends up working for anyone, it is a MUST that he betray/outsmart them by the end.

Hm, wouldn't that be kind of a Joker-in-TDK rehash?

Bane being hired period is already threatening to be a slight rehash. Gotta hope/assume that Nolan would make it different enough, or like me, hope Bane is just a lone gun. I'm not feeling this whole Talia/League business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"