Supergirl Tyler Hoechlin IS Superman - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see no problem at all with a 6 or so episode run for "Superman" like Fox did "The X-Files" I would love that....they could either do it during the hiatus, and possibly the last 2 be tied into the first 2 episodes of the 1/2 half of Supergirl, and have those 2 hour episodes. That would be awesome.

I see no problem at all with a 6 or so episode run for "Superman" like Fox did "The X-Files" I would love that....they could either do it during the hiatus, and possibly the last 2 be tied into the first 2 episodes of the 1/2 half of Supergirl, and have those 2 hour episodes. That would be awesome.

I like that idea and if that is to happen I don't want to see them go back to the beginning when superman was starting out but rather keep it in the current time line with superman being a veteran, experienced superhero.

Not a girl in the "full frontal" scenes.

Lol!!!! True that! I think Donner said in the commentry that they used 3 separate babies for that scene.

I like that idea and if that is to happen I don't want to see them go back to the beginning when superman was starting out but rather keep it in the current time line with superman being a veteran, experienced superhero.

Lol!!!! True that! I think Donner said in the commentry that they used 3 separate babies for that scene.

Exactly....just pick up where they left off.

I thought they actually did a fantastic job (along with Tyler himself) writing him as a veteran superhero, and yet allowing Supergirl to move into being his equal.

Yeah, I think if there is a Superman series, it should just be set in present day with a veteran Superman. We've had 10 years of Smallville showing Clark becoming Superman (only to barely become him at the very end), and Dean Cain's Superman was also just starting out. Same with Cavill.

Let's just have an experienced Superman. And the romance doesn't have to be forced, because if Clark and Lois are already a couple, there won't be any "will-they, won't-they" type sexual tension. They just need to cast someone with great chemistry with Tyler. They already managed to have Melissa and Tyler or Melissa and Grant have great chemistry, so just find someone who isn't dull. Maybe someone who is more of a comedienne for Lois?

The idea of a Superman mini-series, the first thing that popped into my head was Superman Unchained. Dunno why, maybe I'm up to something.... ;)

"Years ago, back when the world was on the brink of war, we sent a message into space. An equation that was more emotional than mathematical. An equation that added up to more than the sum of its parts–nonsensical, but aspirational. An equation that called out, and said ‘Help us be better’. We should never have turned to the stars for guidance. If there is an answer, it’s here on Earth with us. For years, I thought Superman was trying to be the answer to that infernal equation. And I hated him for it. But I see now what his actions say–There is no answer. Figure it out yourself. How to be better. As he is trying to do… And perhaps, now, at the end, I can admit that in being the farthest thing from an answer to that equation… he might have been the closest we’ll come to one." Lex Luthor, Superman Unchained #9

Last edited:
It looks even sillier now that we've seen Superman as a grown man and he doesn't have it.

Which could mean that it was merely a nod to the classic hairstyle.

And if they did a Superman series, I would like it set back when Kara first arrived. I think that Superman would have already settled into his role, and if not new, his relationship with Lois will still be fresh and set on its course. It would also let Cain and Slater return for full time roles. Or at least until Jeremiah disappears which would be an entire story-arc in itself, what with the family having to deal with his mysterious disappearance.

It would be mostly Superman of course, but J'onn J'ones could also make appearances and the girls who play the younger Kara and Alex could deal with having an alien in a new world.

image1.png

image.png

image.png

I like Sups with the curl
3605753-1936874063-31646.png

The suit looks good, except for those weird cape attachments.

Agreed...
I love Tyler Hoechlin's portrayal of Superman and Clark. But I just can't stand those bloody cape attachments.
It takes me right out of the story every time...
Makes the suit look like a bad cosplay.
Which is a shame as they got just about everything else right.

You mean like something for the summer, Kel?

You mean like something for the summer, Kel?

Or even the winter hiatus that they all go on....something that would go through January and part of February.

Agreed...
I love Tyler Hoechlin's portrayal of Superman and Clark. But I just can't stand those bloody cape attachments.
It takes me right out of the story every time...
Makes the suit look like a bad cosplay.
Which is a shame as they got just about everything else right.

I can understand bad acting, bad script, bad cgi, etc....but seriously? The attachments have nothing to do with the "story"...:huh::huh:

If Jeremiah Danvers does turn out to be Cyborg Superman, then Tyler's Superman has to be brought back to face him.

Does anyone think we may get some sort of Reign of the Supermen adaptation in this season?

If Jeremiah Danvers does turn out to be Cyborg Superman, then Tyler's Superman has to be brought back to face him.

Does anyone think we may get some sort of Reign of the Supermen adaptation in this season?

At this point I wouldn't be surprise if that happens . the Berlanti verse seems focused on team dynamics it started with Arrow, and has continued with both The Flash and Legends. so Team Super seems very likely

At this point I wouldn't be surprise if that happens . the Berlanti verse seems focused on team dynamics it started with Arrow, and has continued with both The Flash and Legends. so Team Super seems very likely

Yep and I'm thinking the Mega-Crossover could cause Supergirl to get an idea of forming a super team back in her universe with Superman, Martian Manhunter, Mon-El, Miss Martian, and Alex.

Yep and I'm thinking the Mega-Crossover could cause Supergirl to get an idea of forming a super team back in her universe with Superman, Martian Manhunter, Mon-El, Miss Martian, and Alex.

Who has hopefully gained super powers by then! PLEASE!

She can get them by having an accident like Livewire did. Only she gets all the same powers, and is hence forth known as Superwoman!:woot:

Who has hopefully gained super powers by then! PLEASE!

She can get them by having an accident like Livewire did. Only she gets all the same powers, and is hence forth known as Superwoman!:woot:

No, let Lucy Lane become Superwoman. I've said this back in the first season that whenever I see Alex with the exo-suit, she reminds me of Sasha from Checkmate.

I would kind of like to see Alex remain a non-super-powered badass.

Oh, I know Lane is Superwoman, but we may never get her on this show...

But if not, at least I hope they get Alex a better looking suit.:mnm:

Really late to the party on this one, only just having seen the opening episode of season 2. Thought the portrayal of Superman/Clark Kent was excellent. The look (Clark), the mannerisms, the aura he had about him - loved how people were in awe of him. If only he had a higher neckline and proper cape attachment, then that would have been prety much perfect.

I would kind of like to see Alex remain a non-super-powered badass.

Likewise. Not everyone should need superpowers to be a hero.

And yeah, I could see a Reign of the Superman plot happen eventually. I suppose they could also do Death of Superman, but since the movies just did that, it seems less likely. All you really need is Superman to be out of the way for a while, which could be achieved any number of ways. Or it could be a very, very loose adaptation, and just focus on "there's superman everywhere!" without needing Superman himself to be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"