Supergirl Tyler Hoechlin IS Superman - Part 2

When Tyler shaves and gets his butt back to Vancouver, even if it's just for a day, people will notice. So yeah, it hasn't happened yet, which means he's almost certainly not in any of the episodes they've shot already (up to episode 9).

For sure....

If the WB approves Superman for 2-4 more episodes, they need to use him sparingly and not all at once.

24lm1au.jpg

I hope they bring him back this sesson, heck I'd even be happy if he just came back as Clark for a cameo.

Likewise. In fact, I'd rather have two episodes with Clark Kent cameos than one episode with Superman.

They seem to be missing one there.

tumblr_n91mprpnhI1sc5kg5o2_500.gif

I have a soft spot for Routh's Superman and Routh in general. I love his face, and thought Superman Returns (and him in it) were both enjoyable, if not a tad too nostalgic. He's superior to Hoechlin, in my opinion, though I like both of them and hate having to choose between the various Superman actors, because I appreciate them all and think comparing them is difficult since their merits are context-based: they suit the stories they're in. Anyway, I'll always remember Brandon fondly.

I have a soft spot for Routh's Superman and Routh in general. I love his face, and thought Superman Returns (and him in it) were both enjoyable, if not a tad too nostalgic. He's superior to Hoechlin, in my opinion, though I like both of them and hate having to choose between the various Superman actors, because I appreciate them all and think comparing them is difficult since their merits are context-based: they suit the stories they're in. Anyway, I'll always remember Brandon fondly.

I do think Routh under different circumstances could've been much better received than he was, but Superman Returns just wasn't memorable to the general audience and Routh was too young for the part at the time.

Routh would've been better received if SR had been the origin story it should've been. Though I think we can all agree that he'd make a much better Superman now than he would've back then.

Last edited:

I think Routh did well as Superman in Superman Returns.

Routh would've been better received if SR had been the origin story it should've been. Though I think we can all agree that he'd make a much better Superman now than he would've back then.

Yeah, The movie would have been much better received had Singer made it an origin story.

Now, in current DCEU, I think Cavill is also doing a great job as Superman.

I think Routh did well as Superman in Superman Returns.
Yeah, The movie would have been much better received had Singer made it an origin story.

Now, in current DCEU, I think Cavill is also doing a great job as Superman.

But the deal was that Superman Returns was supposed to be a sequel to the Donner movies and we already had Superman's origin in Superman: The Movie. So it would just be wasting the first half hour of the movie going over material that had been done already. Where-as Man of Steel was supposed to be rebooting the franchise, so it would get a rebooted origin too.

not to derail this thread into a SR discussion, I remember way back when Singer was making SR and in one interview, he basically said something like "How would the world react to a hero dressed in PRIMARY COLORS." or something like that.

so, that suggested to me it was going to be an origins story. but we all know how it turned out.

Getting back to topic...

Tonight on The CW...

Supergirl may be on a holiday break, but the network will be showing the first two episodes of this season back-to-back. Which means we'll see this guy again:

tumblr_oev3pp2PiK1qb0i4vo2_500.gif

(CWSupergirlGifs/tumblr)

...and hope he returns later this season.

It looks like he has a pretty bad twitch there...

But yes, watching and enjoying this right now.

Now to get back on topic about Superman Returns...:oldrazz:

They took too much of the Donner Superman movie, in some instances lifting out entire dialogue and Lex's entire criminal scheme. I did like the continuation aspects, with Clark trying to fit back into the world, hims having a son and I loved Jason's super power reveal.

I just wish it could have been given the sequel it needed.

It was awesome seeing Adventures of Supergirl and Last Children of Krypton that felt like a Superman/ Supergirl movie.

If we ever get a few more appearances out of Tyler's superman, I'd actually like to see him mention or bring up any past hardships that he had to endure and get over himself (this conversation would undoubtedly be used when trying to get Kara to cheer up or motivate her to move forward regarding whatever problem she'd be facing then) since I'd like to think that this version of Superman is somewhat layered as well and not always happy go lucky.

Why the heck didnt they bring him on to play Cyborg Superman? It would have been a way to get him back on the show and in a way that makes sense. Maybe not now but they should have saved Cyborg Superman for him. David Harewood in the role doesnt work for me and I dont like that they are calling the reanimated Hank that

Why the heck didnt they bring him on to play Cyborg Superman? It would have been a way to get him back on the show and in a way that makes sense. Maybe not now but they should have saved Cyborg Superman for him. David Harewood in the role doesnt work for me and I dont like that they are calling the reanimated Hank that

Only reason I can think of is in the comic books Cyborg Superman was Hank Henshaw and on Supergirl David Harewood has already played the real Hank Henshaw and the imposter Hank Henshaw. Plus Mon-El never met Clark Kent so wouldn't
have been fooled by a cyborg Clark like he was fooled by Henshaw. So for Supergirl TV show canon it makes more sense to use someone who looks like Hank Henshaw to be the cyborg version than someone who looks like Clark Kent.

Only reason I can think of is in the comic books Cyborg Superman was Hank Henshaw and on Supergirl David Harewood has already played the real Hank Henshaw and the imposter Hank Henshaw. Plus Mon-El never met Clark Kent so wouldn't
have been fooled by a cyborg Clark like he was fooled by Henshaw. So for Supergirl TV show canon it makes more sense to use someone who looks like Hank Henshaw to be the cyborg version than someone who looks like Clark Kent.

thats fine and dandy but my issue is them calling him Superman. He's not an alternate version of Superman, which Cyborg Superman implies. This reanimated Hank should have been called something else bc it doesnt resonate considering we were just introduced to Superman and he clearly doesnt look like him. I had no clue Hank Henshaw was in the books though. Thanks. I thought he was created just for this show

Last edited:
thats fine and dandy but my issue is them calling him Superman. He's not an alternate version of Superman, which Cyborg Superman implies. This reanimated Hank should have been called something else bc it doesnt resonate considering we were just introduced to Superman and he clearly doesnt look like him. I had no clue Hank Henshaw was in the books though. Thanks. I thought he was created just for this show

When all is said and done, and he is fully transformed he will be. Maybe......who knows, they may have screwed up with that, but I don't think so, the fact that he got away, tells me the next time we see him he will look far more like Cyborg Superman of the comics, and he will do that because of Kara's comment after she knocks him out. Maybe in his own mind he is as strong as Superman, and has all of the abilities of Superman he just doesn't have the suit. Quite possibly we will see that the next time we see him.

As far as in the CB's....yeah, that is why in the first season most everyone in the beginning was thinking he was going to be Cyborg Superman, not MM.

I recall an interview saying that the original plan *was* for him to be Cyborg Superman. Somebody just had the idea "How about we making the shocking reveal a good thing for once?"

This would have been so much better! Cyborg Superman is supposed to be a cyborg version of Superman. Henshaw calling himself that just seems weird, despite any history in the comics to support.

They didn't even have an in-universe explanation. In the comics he at least looks like Superman because it was kind of a disguise. Here, he just started calling himself that just because he felt like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"