Supergirl Tyler Hoechlin IS Superman - Part 2

He is such a Superman fanboy I love it. He did a video saying he can’t believe he gets to be friends with Superman and people were giving him crap for it saying things like “isn’t Supergirl good enough for you” etc. Fans like those are part of what’s wrong with the world at the minute.
Geez, can't people just let the man fanboy in peace?!

I cannot wait to see this onscreen again! From Tumblr

tumblr_ph2rod9S6I1qgb3zso2_400.png
Can't wait to see their dynamic!

Also, the last couple days of the crossover are being shot in Chicago. That's a nice change. I'm assuming it's Gotham City.

Last edited:
Geez, can't people just let the man fanboy in peace?!

I know but we are in the millennial I’m offended generation so anything that they can latch on to they will. It disgusts me tbh, there are literal things to take offence too but it gets washed over with pettiness like that.

Can't wait to see their dynamic!

Also, the last couple days of the crossover are being shot in Chicago. That's a nice change. I'm assuming it's Gotham City.

Me too, the thing that I’m most excited for in this crossover is the dynamic between Lois & Clark.

Looks that way, saw an image that looked like they were using the Wayne Tower building from the Nolan films.

Looks that way, saw an image that looked like they were using the Wayne Tower building from the Nolan films.
I’m a bit of a fangirl for Chicago architecture, and if you’re going off Marc Guggenheim’s tweet, then I’m pretty sure it won’t be the same building. Wayne Tower in Batman Begins was the Board and trade building:
upload_2018-11-3_11-15-54.jpeg

While the building in Guggenheim’s tweet was the Carbon building, easily spotted for its green and gold exterior:
upload_2018-11-3_11-17-59.jpeg

If Batwoman gets picked up to series, I wonder why they would bother going to Chicago since she will totally film in Vancouver. Unless they are just going use all these shots for exteriors.

I’m a bit of a fangirl for Chicago architecture, and if you’re going off Marc Guggenheim’s tweet, then I’m pretty sure it won’t be the same building. Wayne Tower in Batman Begins was the Board and trade building:
View attachment 12945

While the building in Guggenheim’s tweet was the Carbon building, easily spotted for its green and gold exterior:
View attachment 12947

My bad I didn’t take too much notice of the tweet really. Just saw what he said.

If Batwoman gets picked up to series, I wonder why they would bother going to Chicago since she will totally film in Vancouver. Unless they are just going use all these shots for exteriors.

Yeah I think that’s what it will be.

I haven't been watching these shows bc TV doesn't do it for me anymore, though I have occasionally watched Titans.

So I want to watch this crossover because of Superman, Batwoman, maybe way more than we know at this point, etc. Maybe watch the previous crossover just for the hell of it.

I have a question: the CW Superman, have they made a toy of him yet?

I have a question: the CW Superman, have they made a toy of him yet?
Not that I'm aware of. And considering CW's Supergirl didn't even get her own Funko until 2 months ago, I wouldn't expect for it to happen anytime soon.

Not that I'm aware of. And considering CW's Supergirl didn't even get her own Funko until 2 months ago, I wouldn't expect for it to happen anytime soon.

Thats not true. CW Supergirl has had some toys:
Star-Ace-CW-Martian-Manhunter-010.jpg

Star-Ace-Supergirl-Preview.jpg

Koto-Supergirl-TV-Series-Statue-003.jpg

Even Arrow
Star-Ace-Toys-Green-Arrow-004-928x483.jpg

Star-Ace-Deathstroke-Preview.jpg

And Flash
Flash-TV-Series-Variant-Statue.jpg

DC-Collectibles-Reverse-Flash-Statue.jpg

So I hope CW Superman will happen too.

@Binker Yes, I know they have action figures, I just found it particularly strange about the Funko, considering there are Funkos for even the most obscure stuff. But I haven't seen any action figures for SG supporting characters beyond MM, so they seem to be pretty slow about this show in general, compared to Flash and Arrow, imo.

@Binker Yes, I know they have action figures, I just found it particularly strange about the Funko, considering there are Funkos for even the most obscure stuff. But I haven't seen any action figures for SG supporting characters beyond MM, so they seem to be pretty slow about this show in general, compared to Flash and Arrow, imo.
Chyler's been asking for an Alex Danvers action figure, imagine the cool Mom points she'd get for that. I'm surprised at Funko too.

Thats not true. CW Supergirl has had some toys:
Star-Ace-CW-Martian-Manhunter-010.jpg

Star-Ace-Supergirl-Preview.jpg

Koto-Supergirl-TV-Series-Statue-003.jpg

Even Arrow
Star-Ace-Toys-Green-Arrow-004-928x483.jpg

Star-Ace-Deathstroke-Preview.jpg

And Flash
Flash-TV-Series-Variant-Statue.jpg

DC-Collectibles-Reverse-Flash-Statue.jpg

So I hope CW Superman will happen too.

Maybe this crossover will be the thing that finally gets him some toys. Thinking about it they could have two for him aswell one traditional suit, one black suit.

Chyler's been asking for an Alex Danvers action figure, imagine the cool Mom points she'd get for that. I'm surprised at Funko too.

I imagine a Chyler Danvers action figure would probably be part of a two pack with Supergirl or someone else.

I'd like to see a Hot Toys Superman and Supergirl.

Now the waters are calm, but who still thinks there are possibilities for a series of superman? Maybe we know something after the crossever if superman like a lot? Or maybe when they renew or cancel series say something?

99fb0c97-e19c-4f9b-8be7-6b70183323d4.jpg

Now the waters are calm, but who still thinks there are possibilities for a series of superman? Maybe we know something after the crossever if superman like a lot? Or maybe when they renew or cancel series say something?

View attachment 13195

Well I would think reactions to the crossover could potentially get the conversation started with the right people. But right now I don't think there's any plans with Superman. I think WB probably want to take some time before deciding what to do with him.

View attachment 13195

Even if Superman and Lois's portrayals in the crossover receive universal acclaim, Superman will never get a show of his own on the CW as long as Supergirl is still on.

Even if Superman and Lois's portrayals in the crossover receive universal acclaim, Superman will never get a show of his own on the CW as long as Supergirl is still on.

I think you may be right where the CW is concerned but a Superman show on the DC Streaming Service I think is a massive possibility.

What do you say about this ...
-Because give prominence to Lois can put another superhero ..
-Because to bother to recover the farm of smallville and give this blow of nostalgia ...
-It's coming Lex Luthor has supergirl ...
-It is an intrusion to batwoman but it seems that superman will come out more time ...
-There are no plans for superman in the cinema has short plazao but it seems that if for supergirl ...
-If they could not use superman because he was in the movies the same thing would happen with supergirl soon ...
-Improvement of muscle filler to make it look better because it was the most common complaint among fans ...
-Melissa was late for the shooting, maybe she has more work ..
Let them use superman suddenly and be one of the protagonists of the crossover ....
If this is not signs of a possible superman series go crazy or be a fan of blind superman.

Beyond the crossover I know Bitsie is expecting and Tyler has a series for Netwflix, but I hope they can bring back Superman for the later part of Supergirl's 4th season so he can deal with Lex Luthor.

Well, I think the main idea they'll go with is, Superman already dealt with Lex Luthor (for like, over a decade), and this will be Supergirl's turn. I'm sure they'll make a point to have Clark pre-occupied elsewhere for Lex's return.

Last edited:
Well, I think the main idea they'll go with is, Superman already dealt with Lex Luthor (for like, over a decade), and this will be Supergirl's turn. I'm sure they'll make a point to have Clark pre-occupied elsewhere for Lex's return.

Honestly, I am still kind of iffy on the whole idea. Namely because I do not want the writers for this show to repeat history by having characters take another cheap shot at Superman by saying on how Kara was able to easily defeat Lex when it took Superman so long to do so, similar to how the whole Reactron scenario.

Lex is supposed to be Superman's biggest villain. If he gets beaten by Kara with ease, let alone within the span of one episode, then that would make Superman look very incompetent.

I know that this is her show but just because they can do something does not mean that they should do so.

Plus, unless Superman is said to be off world then why would he be so busy where he would not deal with Lex, who again, is established to be his greatest villain here?

LOL, he ain't gonna be beaten in one episode. Come on.

Also, I suspect his presence will actually be more about Lena than either Super. Which makes sense, as he's been a shadow that's loomed over her character since her very first appearance, and offers a dynamic that a Luthor/Super storyline doesn't. I mean, don't get me wrong - I'm sure Supergirl will get scenes with him and everything, but I feel like his most organic fit into this story is through Lena and the growing anti-alien sentiment (which I feel she's about the caught in the middle of considering Agent Liberty's personal grudge and her past ~questionable~ stances toward aliens).

Last edited:
Honestly, I am still kind of iffy on the whole idea. Namely because I do not want the writers for this show to repeat history by having characters take another cheap shot at Superman by saying on how Kara was able to easily defeat Lex when it took Superman so long to do so, similar to how the whole Reactron scenario.

Lex is supposed to be Superman's biggest villain. If he gets beaten by Kara with ease, let alone within the span of one episode, then that would make Superman look very incompetent.

I know that this is her show but just because they can do something does not mean that they should do so.

Plus, unless Superman is said to be off world then why would he be so busy where he would not deal with Lex, who again, is established to be his greatest villain here?

I agree as they need to show why Lex is Superman's main arch-villain and why he is a threat compared to Max Lord and Morgan Edge.

Supergirl defeating Lex easily in one episode spells a cheap shot. The minute Lex is brought in, he will overshadow both Agent Liberty and Kara's double in Russia.

Not only will Lex deal with Supergirl and Lena Luthor, but he will also deal with Jimmy Olsen as well.

LOL, he ain't gonna be beaten in one episode. Come on.

Also, I suspect his presence will actually be more about Lena than either Super. Which makes sense, as he's been a shadow that's loomed over her character since her very first appearance, and offers a dynamic that a Luthor/Super storyline doesn't. I mean, don't get me wrong - I'm sure Supergirl will get scenes with him and everything, but I feel like his most organic fit into this story is through Lena and the growing anti-alien sentiment (which I feel she's about the caught in the middle of considering Agent Liberty's personal grudge and her past ~questionable~ stances toward aliens).

Well I hope you are right with your predictions. Personally, I hope that Lex is used in a similar way that Wilson Fisk (Kingpin) was used in Daredevil Season 2 where while he was a major force behind the scenes, he was still not the main antagonistic threat for the hero in that particular season.

With everything that I have heard going on this show on the villains front, it seems like they have enough on their plate. I personally don't want them to make Lex into the new big bad for Season 4. If he is just here primarily because of Mercy's and Lena's involvement then that's great, but I would prefer for him to not be the next big bad that Supergirl has to defeat since some things (aka villains) should be kept as Superman's villains only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"