Supergirl Tyler Hoechlin IS Superman - Part 2

It stands to reason that not all the characters will be in all the shows. I'm not expecting a big part for Sherlock, Team Arrow, Cisco/Joe or much of the DEO this time around.

It does seem as though a good portion of this crossover is about having fun whilst jumping to other worlds, so it'll likely focus on the three titular heroes, plus Superman (of Earth-38).

Jay Garrick, Lois Lane, Batwoman, Mr (or Mrs?) Freeze, I'm only expecting to see these characters in one episode.

It's reported that Lois will be in Flash and Supergirl, but not Arrow.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because to me, Tyler looks skinnier now than ever before. Remember these set pics from when he was making his debut?

I look at those and then see these -
tumblr_ph432zNj4q1rqvj1a_1280.jpg

tumblr_ph432wjZAy1rqvj1a_1280.jpg

/
And I think, "damn, he got scrawny!" The neck is the dead giveaway, imo.

BUT, it does look to me like they've enhanced the muscles in the suit since then, so maybe it won't be too noticeable on screen.
He's on Joaquin Phoenix's Joker diet now. :o

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because to me, Tyler looks skinnier now than ever before. Remember these set pics from when he was making his debut?

336e69e73a651cf294eae834b41cf07a.jpg
36B5F67500000578-3715528-image-m-19_1469838208863.jpg

I look at those and then see these -
tumblr_ph432zNj4q1rqvj1a_1280.jpg

tumblr_ph432wjZAy1rqvj1a_1280.jpg

And I think, "damn, he got scrawny!" The neck is the dead giveaway, imo.

BUT, it does look to me like they've enhanced the muscles in the suit since then, so maybe it won't be too noticeable on screen.
Screen-Shot-2018-09-20-at-7.15.23-AM1-1000x500.png

0XFmIgmQ-1024x683.jpeg

No, it's just the opposite. Tyler just finished shooting a biopic about bodybuilding legend Joe Weider called "Bigger", so he's actually in better shape now than he was when he filmed Supergiel in Season 2.
Tyler Hoechlin Gets 'Bigger' in Bodybuilding Biopic About the Weider Fitness Empire: WATCH - Towleroad Gay News

Screen-Shot-2018-09-20-at-7.15.23-AM1-1000x500.png

0XFmIgmQ-1024x683.jpeg

No, it's just the opposite. Tyler just finished shooting a biopic about bodybuilding legend Joe Weider called "Bigger", so he's actually in better shape now than he was when he filmed Supergiel in Season 2.
Tyler Hoechlin Gets 'Bigger' in Bodybuilding Biopic About the Weider Fitness Empire: WATCH - Towleroad Gay News
He didn’t just finish filming that. He filmed it a year ago and that film has already been released in theaters. He just finished filming some sort of romance with Alexandra Daddario, and he also looked skinnier in those set pics too.

He didn’t just finish filming that. He filmed it a year ago and that film has already been released in theaters. He just finished filming some sort of romance with Alexandra Daddario, and he also looked skinnier in those set pics too.
Yeah..
DpO9AgwUcAEQJX0.jpg

Last edited:
Well, now I have no idea what is going on.

Also, neck snap?

It’s all got something to do with that book, in set photos we’ve seen both Superman’s with it and in the official image of the Monitor he is holding it too.

I'll be honest, I'm very curious to see what they intend to do with The Monitor without including the Anti-Monitor. As far as the stories I've read, they're pretty intertwined, and The Monitor hasn't really been the true villain. A part of me is wondering if they've chosen The Monitor because they want to do some variation of the bit where he's essentially "testing" the different heroes and villains of the multiverse in preparation for a future war with his counterpart.

Last edited:
Well-at-least-he-tried.gif

Strangely enough, this is also a fitting gif to use whenever a director or actor is replaced from a major franchise.

^Heh, I liked that moment.
I actually think the Anti Monitor will be in this crossover
:hmm Interesting. I suspect he'll get a mention, but I'll be surprised if he actually shows up.

I hope this fight between the two Supermen will be like the JLU episode Clash, where Superman fought Shazam.

I think the Anti-Monitor will appear at the end of the crossover thus teasing the bigger Crisis.

I believe this crossover is more about Superman meeting the Arrowverse than about Batwoman. I hope they use the Hall of Justice like in Invasion.

I wonder if Kara on the black outfit is her counterpart from Russia.

I just hole that we get to see Superman have scenes with others that don't involve Kara. Nothing really against the latter, but i would like to see him have scenes with the others (i.e. Lois, Barry, Oliver, etc.) without him having to share the spotlight with Kara, even if it is just a moment and particularly with Lois.

Grant feeling up Superman's biceps like a true fanboy:
tumblr_phh8ea8LU61t0mj1d_500.png

Also,

tumblr_phhf5h5Y441txwpz8_1280.jpg

tumblr_phhf5iBmLG1txwpz8_1280.jpg

Thunderclap!

I just realized that the only major player in the crossover that I cannot recall us seeing a glimpse of as of yet is Doctor Destiny, who was listed as the supposed main villain for this year's event.

I just realized that the only major player in the crossover that I cannot recall us seeing a glimpse of as of yet is Doctor Destiny, who was listed as the supposed main villain for this year's event.
Well Amell tweeted about working with Jeremy Davies (who plays him) around the same time he tweeted pics of all those bloody instruments, so I guess all his stuff was just indoors on the Arkham set. I'm guessing that's where most of Batwoman's stuff was shot, too.

^Heh, I liked that moment.

:hmm Interesting. I suspect he'll get a mention, but I'll be surprised if he actually shows up.

That Superman moment in the S2 finale was F’N incredible. So many of my favourite live action Superman moments have been in three episodes of this show.

I have a theory that he’s then one pulling the strings.

Grant feeling up Superman's biceps like a true fanboy:
tumblr_phh8ea8LU61t0mj1d_500.png

Also,

tumblr_phhf5h5Y441txwpz8_1280.jpg

tumblr_phhf5iBmLG1txwpz8_1280.jpg

Thunderclap!

He is such a Superman fanboy I love it. He did a video saying he can’t believe he gets to be friends with Superman and people were giving him crap for it saying things like “isn’t Supergirl good enough for you” etc. Fans like those are part of what’s wrong with the world at the minute.

Love the Thunderclap images.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"