Sequels Vanderbilt Talks Spider-Man 4!

I hope this guy is a decent writer. With Zodiac, he couldn't be that bad.

I voted yes. I think he's a fine choice, only time will tell, however.

Finally, someone who matters offers some input into the future of this francise. I can only hope that he is looking at the only possible villains who deserve to be in 4, Lizard and Kraven.

I want something above and beyond Zodiac, or on its level. But in order for that to happen, someone is going to have grow some big balls amongst Marvel/Sony/Raimi. He should not try and write your basic generic comic book blockbuster movie, that would be a mistake. I want to see some mature, hardcore and creative elements in SM4, that I have never seen in any other comic book film. Most importantly, Sam Raimi, Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad should not be apart of the writing process.

I want something above and beyond Zodiac, or on its level. But in order for that to happen, someone is going to have grow some big balls amongst Marvel/Sony/Raimi. He should not try and write your basic generic comic book blockbuster movie, that would be a mistake. I want to see some mature, hardcore and creative elements in SM4, that I have never seen in any other comic book film. Most importantly, Sam Raimi, Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad should not be apart of the writing process.
I totally agree with you, Visionary. It's time for the films to speak for themselves and work even harder and harder towards getting other audience members to like the franchise.

Maybe and Not Sure as choices? They seem to mean the same thing to me. :huh:

David Fincher should direct. His filmography makes Raimi's look like finger painted crap.

David Fincher should direct. His filmography makes Raimi's look like finger painted crap.

Fincher would be a great choice. We know he has a passion for the franchise, he has a pre-existing partnership with Vanderbilt, and he no longer has to worry about telling an origin story (which was a main reason as to why he didn't get the job in the first place). If Raimi didn't come back, I'd be in full support of Fincher taking his place.

Maybe and Not Sure as choices? They seem to mean the same thing to me. :huh:
I guess so, but I'm sure that there's some sorta difference between the two... right? Maybe means that they think the writer has an average amount of trust to get it right and not sure just means... not sure:woot:

and Joseph Gordon whatshisname from the Lookout for Peter Parker.

MEW for Mary Jane Watson.

^Joesph Levitt Gordon would make a good Peter Parker but I'm hoping that will happen in a new franchise and not the current because I don't like it when franchises get different actors to portray the roles of the same character(a 'la Batman)

Zodiac was brilliantly written and executed to another level with the direction Fincher took. I have faith that Vanderbilt will be able to elevate the franchise to another level and make us respect the Spidey a bit more. :up:

NO! NO! NO! The 1st one was a camp rest, the 2nd one got things back on track, but then the third ended up being an after school special. No more Spiderman films!

Nice article but sadly nothing new. Damn this writers strike.

Cool news, i do hope lizzard is a villain for the 4th film. I would also love to see kraven too. I think there could be a cool story with lizzard and kraven to tango with spidey. Also i do hope tobey stays it does suck when hero roles are recast. And with raimi i would like to see him stay too but if not hopefully they pick someone who loves spidey, and the series and has a style approach simular to raimi so it wouldnt look to different.

^Joesph Levitt Gordon would make a good Peter Parker but I'm hoping that will happen in a new franchise and not the current because I don't like it when franchises get different actors to portray the roles of the same character(a 'la Batman)
Schumacher's neon sticks and rubber nipples ruined Batman, not changing actors.

Some ppl like Bale better than any other Batman actor so change can be good.Especially when combined with better direction and writing. Batman Forever sucked because it lacked all of the above, not because a different actor played the character. There are plenty of great James Bond movies with different actors.

I don't think they should reboot with his origin because what's the point? But, I also don't think they should operate under the same continuity. I think it should be more like what they are doing for Hulk and Punisher. Does anyone know if that's what Vanderbilt's doing? Or is he trying to add another chapter in Raimi continuity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"