The Amazing Spider-Man What will we be saying a couple years down the road?

myerset09

Civilian
Reaction score
My question to everyone is: Do you think sony will get the reboot right this time, or will we be sitting here a couple years from now wondering where things went wrong?
My own opinion(s) on any of the movies is I liked them, never loved them. Each movie had things I really liked, and things that made me cringe.
I think these kind of movies are best left to experts on comics instead of companies just wanting to make a buck. Sony to me sees this more as a property,and doesn't really "get it" -IMO. I'm not sure how David Lindsey Aubaire gets a crack at the script, much less James Vanderbilt, but I hope they got it right anyway.
I'm not sure on the villain news and what the rumors are out there exactly, I just heard the villain will be one we haven't seen, then again, I've heard people mention the Green Goblin too. I don't think they will use the Lizard as it has been mentioned before that sony doesn't think it is realistic enough, and to be honest I don't think it fits into the Mark Webb style of keeping things simple. My guess -and if I was betting on it- I would put a million bucks on Electro. He would be simple to do, realistic enough, and the effects would look good in 3D-again just my opinion.
But regardless, whatever happens, how do you think things will turn out, and what will we be saying about these movies a couple of years down the road? Will Sony have gotten it right this time?

Hopefully I'm saying "Spider-Mans reboot was the best reboot ever...and Garfield and the cast was perfect and the fight scenes were perfection...story was great too"
:oldrazz:

Does anyone also know which way they are going with the comic line-is it ultimate or a combination/mishmash of ultimate and amazing or other?
I heard it said the reason sony scrapped 4 was they wanted a villain that would be popular with the fans. I'm not real familiar with the ultimate line, so which villain is the most popular?

If the movie sucks then everyone who is slamming Raimi will be saying; "I hate Marc Webb."

If the movie is amazing then there will still be people saying; "Marc Webb didn't do this like I wanted."

If this movie is great and it pleases the Raimi haters there will be all out war of immaturity. All the "I told you so!" stuff. I'd be nice to just have a preference and concentrate on what you liked about his film instead of comparing what he got wrong and what Raimi didn't just for their satisfaction. It's immature. Hopefully, it won't come to that, but this will happen.

If the film is good there will be two warring groups. The "Raiminites" and the "Webbnites", similar to the "Burtonites" and "Nolanites" in 05.

In distant years, people will still be saying, no Emo Spidey! Peter Parker had been an emo dancer. How could somebody come up with such a ridiculous concept of a script?

I think one thing is an absolute certainty, either people will be complaining they didn't do the lizard, complaining on how they did the lizard, or loving how they did the lizard.

The thing is though, its not hard to see why many people don't like Raimi's movies. If Webb can make such people happy then every one's a winner.

In 2012,Ill be saying.

"I KNEW SPIDER-MAN AND BATMAN BEING RELEASED SO CLOSE TOGETHER WOULD BRING ABOUT THE END OF THE WORLD".

Meh.

Some idiots will be complaining regardless of how good the movie is when it comes out.

I'll say the same thing I'll say now: "I was never entirely or even 50% happy with Sam Raimi's version of Spider-Man on film, and am super happy they decided to reboot it."

I'll take the risk.

As far as I look at it, I'm not trying to speculate or add any negativity-just wondering what other people think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"