The Dark Knight Rises What's Joker up too?

I think it was fine there was no joker mention for a number of reasons. No offense but an after credit scene like that would have been very cheesy and taken away from the impact of the last scene.

The John Blake conclusion was there for the audience to leave to their own interpretation about what happens next. Ending with the joker breaking out is essentially the set up for a direct sequel that will not happen. If anything it's a huge tease to the audience. It's pretty much the ending to begins taken to the next level.

The only thing people leaving the theatre would be talking about would be the joker which is the last thing nolan wanted.

I don't think Bane released the Arkham inmates. Think about it. He's in tight control of the situation in Gotham. If he releases dozens or hundreds of crazy psychopaths, that's a lot of unpredictable variables that could throw his plans askew.

All he needed was to let the inmates loose. No need to release Arkham. For all we know, Crane got released or escaped on his own.

I see no reason to believe that Crane wasn't in Blackgate. His insanity plea would never have held up after his actions, and even if it did, why put him with the people whom he experimented on?

And keep in mind, Bane is part of the league of shadows. They are harsh on all evil and corruption, hence why they want to destroy Gotham in the first place. He releases the people in Blackgate because they were put in there via corruption and because it gave him an army to more or less take over the city.

I was spitballing with a friend who still thinks the movie would have been better and different if Ledger was alive. And that reminded me of Goyer saying in 2008 or 9 that "We have our story, but now we don't have a villain."

Here is how I think TDKR may have played out if Ledger was alive:

Instead of Bane/LOS, in a deeply anemic economy that disproportionately effects the poor and working class, more and more have lost faith in their institutions especially with the authoritarian Dent Act. So, there is more and more of a clamor for chaos to tear this gilded age apart. There is an anarchic streak of discontent where people start worshipping the Joker as a Tyler Druden type.

Around the time Selina Kyle brings Bruce out of his shell as he hunts down the cat burglar with a taste for class warfare who stole his mother's pearls, Harley Quinn leads a daring breakout of Joker from Arkham or Blackgate. This becomes a "Storming of the Bastille" moment and Joker becomes a revolutionary who wants to bring it all down. He'd need his own "doomsday device" to keep the US government out and that I can't figure. But blowing the bridges and turning Gotham into a failed state complete with French Revolution trials on the rich could all be a Joker plan. Joker somehow defeats Batman after Catwoman sets him up. But he comes back, not from the Pit, but from something else to lead the cops to bring order back to the streets and defeat the Joker. Perhaps it is Quinn driving the truck at the end and Catwoman kills Joker (like Bane) because Batman never could.

I really think that could have been the movie.

I wonder if Heath was still alive, if he would've played the judge... I could picture The Joker wearing the white hair judge's wig giving out sentences... just classic! haha

If he was alive, he would be main villain or co-villain. Not a cameo.

He's busy playing with himself. It's not like he's got anything else better to do being locked up.

Cillian Murphy did fine as the judge. I'd rather see Joker in a more important role.

In any Joker incarnation, and every incarnation the Joker is dubbed 'crazy'. It is true his plans were very thought out and miticulous, however this is a man who states he has 3 different origins, laughs as he chain sawed some one alive, and set out to discover batmans identity, only to change his mind as soon as someone stepped forward to having that knowledge....so Joker blows up a hospital.

If Arkham is truely the home to the mentally disturbed then you have to assume Joker is there in Rises.

Plus Arkham was already jailbroken in batman begins, and breaking the criminals out of the Asylum again in Rises would seem some what redundant, right?

He was suitable ... Joker would've made those scenes CRAZY

Every Joker scene is gold, but do you really think Joker would have been suitable for a role as Bane's servant? He's so much more than that.

Heath's Joker would never support Bane's cause. Bane was acting like a liberator, even though his actions were the total opposite. Joker wanted to break Gotham's soul, not liberate it.

Though he would have approved of the truth about Dent being revealed. That was his ace in the hole.

I think Joker would either have caused the "revolution" or would have gone into hiding waiting for the Batman to return so he could be whole once more.

He was suitable ... Joker would've made those scenes CRAZY

But WB would use Joker as main villain or at least big role. I'm sure many people would be disappointed if Joker had such small role and it wouldn't do good for movie.

Heath's Joker would never support Bane's cause. Bane was acting like a liberator, even though his actions were the total opposite. Joker wanted to break Gotham's soul, not liberate it.

Though he would have approved of the truth about Dent being revealed. That was his ace in the hole.

Agreed. I think he'll be instantly against Bane. Because Joker wanted anarchy from ordinary citizens while Bane was ruling Gotham with so called "liberation" People were locked up at their home, Gotham was like a military state.

Also Joker is smart enough to find out Bane & Talia's actual plan so i bet he wouldn't want to him & Batman die by a nuclear bomb from Bane & Talia's hand.

Also Joker is smart enough to find out Bane & Talia's actual plan so i bet he wouldn't want to him & Batman die by a nuclear bomb from Bane & Talia's hand.

Cue Joker and Batman sitting at a cafe.

Cue Joker and Batman sitting at a cafe.

lol.

I think Hannibal Lecter's ending would be perfect for Joker, he is calling Bruce's mobile and telling similar stuff.. then we see he is near to that cafe. :woot:

[YT]09TAIcCqFpg[/YT]

Agreed. I think he'll be instantly against Bane. Because Joker wanted anarchy from ordinary citizens while Bane was ruling Gotham with so called "liberation" People were locked up at their home, Gotham was like a military state.

Agreed. "I took your little plan and I turned it on itself."

Joker and Bane are almost one in the same. Joker loves to blow sh** up!

Bane never takes orders from anyone (except maybe Talia) same with Joker, he will never serve as Bane's minion.

Both Bane and Joker are A list Batman Villains, unlike Zsasz and Scarecrow, It was best that the movie never mentioned him.

Last edited:
In any Joker incarnation, and every incarnation the Joker is dubbed 'crazy'. It is true his plans were very thought out and miticulous, however this is a man who states he has 3 different origins, laughs as he chain sawed some one alive, and set out to discover batmans identity, only to change his mind as soon as someone stepped forward to having that knowledge....so Joker blows up a hospital.

I don't remember any scene in TDK with The Joker holding a chainsaw.

Bane never takes orders from anyone (except maybe Talia) same with Joker, he will never serve as Bane's minion.

Both Bane and Joker are A list Batman Villains, unlike Zsasz and Scarecrow, It was best that the movie never mentioned him.

Absolutely right. The only way I would have had him was if Heath were alive and he pops up and kills Bane somehow like has been mentioned before cant remember who by sorry.

I don't remember any scene in TDK with The Joker holding a chainsaw.

Neither can I !

Hes probably still in Arkham crying into his pillow every day because Batman's dead.

Hell perk up once Robin comes along and find a way to escape so he can play with his new friend.

Yeah, more I think about it, outside of the Joker being the judge (probably with a scheme of his own to just blow the whole building up, including Bane :woot:) there's no way I could see them two co-existing.

As brutal as Bane was, he was also very strict & clinical with that brutality. We see how upset he was that the goons brought Gordon down into the sewer, they basically gave up the element of surprise by doing that, and one of them paid for it. I don't think he'd allow the Joker to live too long if he could get his hands on him, the clown would be too wild.

I can't really think of a story which incorporates Joker into TDKR, but I'm up for spitballing some scenes?
Such as whilst Bane is reading out Gordon's speech on Dent, the music suddenly stops, you see Joker slip through the crowd, stagger his way up and funnily ask Bane if he can read it; Bane sighs and allows him to as he has already read out the most important part and it would have been interesting to see a different take on the speech and Joker laughing throughout it because he knew it all along.

Instead of Catwoman killing Bane, he lives and when the bomb goes off, you see Joker going crazy and seriously pissed off and screams at Bane for killing his only friend, then Bane simply grabs Joker and picks him up and plans on breaking his neck, but Joker has some sort of flower on his chest pocket which releases a spray which momentarily blinds Bane and he's dazed briefly; when he opens his eyes he sees Joker pointing and a gun to his head, and boom, Joker kills him.

I can't really think of a story which incorporates Joker into TDKR, but I'm up for spitballing some scenes?
Such as whilst Bane is reading out Gordon's speech on Dent, the music suddenly stops, you see Joker slip through the crowd, stagger his way up and funnily ask Bane if he can read it; Bane sighs and allows him to as he has already read out the most important part and it would have been interesting to see a different take on the speech and Joker laughing throughout it because he knew it all along.

Instead of Catwoman killing Bane, he lives and when the bomb goes off, you see Joker going crazy and seriously pissed off and screams at Bane for killing his only friend, then Bane simply grabs Joker and picks him up and plans on breaking his neck, but Joker has some sort of flower on his chest pocket which releases a spray which momentarily blinds Bane and he's dazed briefly; when he opens his eyes he sees Joker pointing and a gun to his head, and boom, Joker kills him.

Nice. i like it.

Bane didn't REALLY want to liberate Gotham.

He was giving them hope, so their despair would be even greater.

He explains this to Bruce in the pit.

I know that. But Joker would never have known that would he. Not that he would support a destroy Gotham plan either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"