The Amazing Spider-Man Will the clocktower/train sequence ever be topped?

spider-neil

spins a web any size!
Reaction score
do you think the reboot can do to surpass the best action sequence in a comic book movie?

Last edited:
cosidering spidey top strength is 10 tons, there's not a lot of epic stuff he can actually do, it's not like he's superman.
I will say though that the spidey v juggernaught fight was pretty darn epic.

I don't think it would have a chance to happen until a sequel. Unless we get an eerie and intense sewer scene.

But no, I think the train scene will remain the best action scene in any comic book film. Green Lantern has a shot, Thor has a shot, and so does Cap.

Green Lantern fight scenes in space?
Thor vs Loki or Destroyer could be up there.
Cap in WWII...so much potential.

A Lizzard vs Spidey sewer scene indeed has tons of potential to top it!

I personally feel that the Batman on the batpod/chasing Joker in the semi/"hit me"scene came about an inch or so of beating it!,GL has tons of potential IMO to out do this by far and then we already have the money-shot tease of Thor's lightning slam and so IF it's that during a Loki fight..Instant winner.

I agree with many that think it's an amazing scene and all!,But this could easily be beat even in the new Spidey movie.

Last edited:
That action sequence in SM2 was pretty amazing, it would be cool to see if they could top that

cosidering spidey top strength is 10 tons, there's not a lot of epic stuff he can actually do, it's not like he's superman.
I will say though that the spidey v juggernaught fight was pretty darn epic.

Not really consider it was wet cement that made Spider-Man win the battle, the Firelord battle was a good one though

There is always a potential to do something better but at the moment, that's all there is, potential. The train fight was simply spectacular, especially when ock starts throwing passengers off the train and spidey saves them....that was the moment I really geeked out.

Well, this question shouldn't be directed only to the new Spiderman franchise. That action sequence has never be topped by any superhero movie.

Even with it ending with him getting passed out maskless and the train passengers seeing him.....Still damn special/amazing/spectacular!

when I saw SR and supes catches the plane I was thinking that was quite close (to topping the train sequence) and then I watched SM2 again. nope, not even.

what would be really cool is if a plane is falling out of the sky and spidey swings up to the top of a building to intercept it and then creates web nets to slow the plane down and it tears through all the webbing until it almost at street level and then spidey webs the plan and holds it in place with a web line and all his strength. alright it is pretty much the train sequence but it would still be epic.

And it's sad to say because there's been so much potential over the last few years gone to waste.
Iron Man- had that very memorable jet sequence but that wasn't a fight. The fight at the end could have been so much better.
Incredible Hulk- End fight was awesome, but there wasn't much to work with anyway.
TDK- 18 wheeler flip and such was one of the best scenes of the last decade but again, not a fight sequence. Batman falls and Gordon comes back.
The bank heist counts? Because thats up there.

The part of the train fight where Spidey swings from the ground of the streets...steps on the side of the building and glides towards the train was the B E S T. The music elevated it as well.

The part of the train fight where Spidey swings from the ground of the streets...steps on the side of the building and glides towards the train was the B E S T.

I almost lost my s*** when I saw that in the cinema for the first time!

I think the plane scene in SR is the closest that comes to the train sequence. What would have made the plane sequence better is if, superman was fighting some supervillain at the same time, engaged in some bone-crushing, airial battle and he has to save the plane too.

But as it is, the plane sequence is epic in its own right. I remember the packed audience I saw the film with all clapped and cheered when he saved the plane. The camera angles used in filming the scenes were pretty amazing, the music, especially the choir sining when supes bursts through the wing of the plane, damn. Awesome stuff.

I think the plane scene in SR is the closest that comes to the train sequence. What would have made the plane sequence better is if, superman was fighting some supervillain at the same time, engaged in some bone-crushing, airial battle and he has to save the plane too.

But as it is, the plane sequence is epic in its own right. I remember the packed audience I saw the film with all clapped and cheered when he saved the plane. The camera angles used in filming the scenes were pretty amazing, the music, especially the choir sining when supes bursts through the wing of the plane, damn. Awesome stuff.

While I think Marc Webb might surprise us with his action direction, I don't think the reboot fights will ever top the train sequence. Hands down the best comic book movie fighting scene ever made!

I seriously didn't like the train part of the sequence. I thought the clocktower was great though.

I seriously didn't like the train part of the sequence. I thought the clocktower was great though.

how cool was it when spidey webs ock and does a back somersaut by pushing off the wall to drag off doc ock even though ock is anchored to the clock tower by his arms. freaking amazing.

Spider-Man 2 remains the definitive comic book movie IMO. Everything is right about it especially the fighting and web swinging sequences.

Wonderful movie.

Now there's a huge challenge for Marc Webb. But in my opinion, a fight sequence doesn't have to be as spectacular visually to beat it. If it's thrilling and emotionally engaging, I definitely think a Lizard battle can beat it. Personally, I love fight sequences that are "simple" (okey neither Spidey nor Lizard should fight "simple" but you get the point) but very personal, and where you can really feel the hurt, the desperation etc of the hero while the villain has the upper hand. So yeah, I think a Lizard battle can top it. But it won't be easy in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"