Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're missing the point, a serious 21st century live action character don't dress like this.
wonderwoman.jpg

And that doesn't really have anything about appropriateness or sexism. It's about taking a character seriously.

Dear God somebody gets it! Thank the heavens!

So a woman superhero running around in her underwear is believable? It's almost disrespectful in my opinion. How would we react if you took away Batman's tights, and had him running around in his underwear, bare legged? What if we did that to Flash? Superman? Green Lantern? It's ****ing ridiculous.

Just watched Haywire. Carano's nowhere near as bad as some claim. In fact, she's not even bad.

Carano has a ferocity that is unmatched by any female in Hollywood, because it is genuine. It's the other stuff people are worried about, like her ability to emote.

My take is that if somebody like Soderbergh sees something there, there must be something there. She's new to the game so she's pretty green at this stage but who's to say that with the right coaching she doesnt end up a pretty decent actress?

My take is that if somebody like Soderbergh sees something there, there must be something there. She's new to the game so she's pretty green at this stage but who's to say that with the right coaching she doesnt end up a pretty decent actress?

agreed.

Well Soderbergh used Cody Horn in Magic Mike, Sascha Grey, and J. Lo. None of whom seem to be good/that good of actresses. I just think Soderbergh has a talent for being able to direct people who arent that strong of actors.

Carano would be good in the action scenes, but I really want to see her in a drama or something that doesnt require her to just rely on her physicality.

Because as of right now, I think she is seen as a good action star rather than a good actress

^^Which is totally understandable and fair. It's the people who are dismissive of the notion right off the bat which I cant fathom.

Because we view anyone that's in the music or sports industry as "not real actors."

Project said:
put it this way palicki looked like a hooker and she was wearing pants in ww pilot compared to a more revealing collins from JC

But the fact that actress looked garish(using the term 'hooker' is way ott) was due to the costume and make up being overdone, it was *not* down to the actual actress being dressed as WW. Because what you said was that certain actresses would come off as ****ty in the outfit, and others wouldn't. Which is a really dodgy thing to say, highly insulting to women. *Any* actress would have carried a garish appearance in that overdone make-up and costume.

About Carano, I've always maintained that if she does prove her acting abilities in her next couple of films she should get a decent shot at this... I'm NOT talking Oscar good for people who may be bent on twisting my words- I'm talking not being a liability on screen!

I was reasonably pleased on seeing her debut endeavor, for the record.

About Carano, I've always maintained that if she does prove her acting abilities in her next couple of films she should get a decent shot at this... I'm NOT talking Oscar good for people who may be bent on twisting my words- I'm talking not being a liability on screen!

I was reasonably pleased on seeing her debut endeavor, for the record.
Agreed. I say give her time to see if she can learn to be a better actress before dismissing her completely.

Yeah...we'll see if she's good enough to keep her own voice this time :o

i wish Emilia Clarke was taller. i think she'd make an excellent Wonder Woman. those who watch GOT knows what i'm talking about.
emilia-emilia-clarke-32135553-500-750.jpg

i actually dont like Emilia Clarke in GoT. She's very attractive but i think her acting is meh. I fast forward her scenes unless she's getting naked

Just did some checking. Seems that they did alter her voice (not a dub, as some people seem to think) but to me that all they did was deepen it for some reason. That doesnt alter her performance though for me, it doesnt alter things like line delivery and timing, nuances, etc.

Is an odd thing for a director to do in post though.

So Robert Englund's performance in a Nightmare on Elm Street wasn't his own because his voice was altered?

Given what some [who just dont see Carano as an actress anyways] probably say about Carano in Haywire, I'd assume they must do because it's exactly the same as. Cant have one rule for one and one rule for another. It's all B.S. It's like saying anyone wearing make up prosthetics to enhance the performace is cheating.

really, its just the sort of thing that people who think they know what they're talking about, like to base their entire argument on. no, jennifer lawrence's don't grow on trees, but is it all that implausible to assume that with more experience she'll become a better actress?

Well Soderbergh used Cody Horn in Magic Mike, Sascha Grey, and J. Lo. None of whom seem to be good/that good of actresses. I just think Soderbergh has a talent for being able to direct people who arent that strong of actors.
I don't think that's it, since 2 out of those 3 were pretty awful in their Soderbergh movies, so I think it's less that he knows how to direct weak actors, and more that he has some low standards when it comes to acting whenever he's trying to keep it "real."

As for J. Lo, she's never been without talent (in the acting department anyway), going back to Selena. She just makes crappy movies. So his ability to get a decent performance out of her isn't really a great feat.

Cody Horn was alright, but she was clearly only cast because her father was one of the movie's producers.

To be fair, her role in the movie was fairly limited! No use tapping up an A-lister or anything. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"