• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, watching that latest Thor trailer just makes me remember of how we missed out on Jaimie Alexander. :csad:

Jamie Alexander is hard to beat in my book. There's better actresses out there, but she's one person that would do a good job that we know would be interested. I can't think of anyone who would be more passionate about Wonder Woman. I can't think of any other actress who'd fit the part who has actually read some of those really bad WW scripts out there for her own pleasure and fangirlness. She would outwork anyone else you could get, and demand Diana be 'right'. That might not be worth much since she's not a 'name,' but that's nothing to sneeze at.

agreed drcosmic. and to add to that, i don't think most of these actors mentioned look as much as wondy as she does. a few of us like lawrence for the role, those that don't, don't think she looks the part. well, here's someone who does.

it sucks though it's all for naught anyway since she'll never be wondy.

Lawrence does look the part :)
jenniferlaw.jpg

As much as I loved Jamie Alexander for the role, casting her as Wonder Woman at this point I feel is a moot point (based on her comments of late, that I fully agree with sadly, and her role as Sif). There are others out there (who have not appeared in a Marvel movie...lol) that can deliver a terrific Wonder Woman performance!! We just need to keep looking...

And in terms of acting (her skills are growing as any actor would with more experience), fighting prowess (just look at her action scenes from LoTS) and physical resemblance (for ME, I feel looks exactly like how I envision my Wonder Woman to look...beautiful, elegant, statuesque), my vote goes to BRIDGET REGAN...

brsmiling.gif

brswingsword.gif

wwbrkickknives.gif

brdrawingsword.gif

wwbrsword.gif

brkicksword.gif

wwbrknives.gif

wwbrkick.gif

wwbrstabbing.gif

wwbrlegs.gif

Last edited:
Regan still? Is she even working at the moment?

ЯɘvlveR;25681391 said:
agreed drcosmic. and to add to that, i don't think most of these actors mentioned look as much as wondy as she does. a few of us like lawrence for the role, those that don't, don't think she looks the part. well, here's someone who does.

it sucks though it's all for naught anyway since she'll never be wondy.

True indeed. I don't really understand this whole 'Marvel actors can't do DC' but hey, whatev.

Lawrence does look the part :)

Lawrence's look is actually incredibly flexible. She doesn't usually look like Diana, but Diana is well within her range, as that pic testifies. Plus, despite her slight overhype at the moment, she's actually a really good actress with actual intensity in her presence.

Lawrence can act the part, but doesn't necessarily look the part IMO. I still would like to see another up and coming actress take on the role and make it hers.

As much as I like Lawrence I would just rather see someone else in the role.

Nope, I still wouldn't want her lol. I want a fresh face

WB hasn't got much right IMO. Fudge pulling power. Bring on the next Lawrence, Jackman, Hemsworth, etc. etc. I want a fresh face to become WW not see Lawrence in the WW outfit. She just doesn't do it for me as WW, seems more like a Big Barda.

True indeed. I don't really understand this whole 'Marvel actors can't do DC' but hey, whatev.

Lawrence's look is actually incredibly flexible. She doesn't usually look like Diana, but Diana is well within her range, as that pic testifies. Plus, despite her slight overhype at the moment, she's actually a really good actress with actual intensity in her presence.

i think alexander actually mentioned having been cast as sif took her out of the running for anything dc related.

alexander:
"I actually read "Wonder Woman," and here's the thing about her: she's more of a physical presence than anything else. You don't get to really know her on the inside. [The show was] all about her boobs. And I can say that; I actually read the comics. Even though she had one of the coolest story lines, they still made her the all-American beauty queen. I found that Sif was different, and I think that's why I gravitated to her and to the X-Men. They had a real history, and they were a real team. I grew up with them, with Jubilee being one of my favorites. But, look, if I got approached to play Wonder Woman, which has happened once or twice, I would have to say, "Look, let's take this serious. Let's make her a positive role model. Let's make this a non-campy version of her." Because I haven't seen that done yet. Yet that's essentially what I got to do with Sif in Thor. I got the best of both worlds."
Q: You say you were approached to play Wonder Woman. Did you go after roles in any other superhero franchises?

A: I was cast in Thor back in 2009, so it sort of took me out of the running for anything tied to DC Comics. They wouldn't even see me for Superman or any of that stuff. Which is completely fine. I understand that. But I keep trying. I'm sitting around the Marvel offices telling guys, "So listen, if you are going to make an X-23 movie and you need someone to do it, I'm available."

WB hasn't got much right IMO. Fudge pulling power. Bring on the next Lawrence, Jackman, Hemsworth, etc. etc. I want a fresh face to become WW not see Lawrence in the WW outfit. She just doesn't do it for me as WW, seems more like a Big Barda.

if the idea is to make wondy a tentpole, you need to get as big a star as you can possibly get imo it has about as high a possibility of bombing as gl if it doesn't. if you have a good story, good direction and good acting, a little star power can still go a long way.

The truth is, you can't sell a movie with a female lead that's not well known. You can get away with that if it's a guy. Beckinsale just recently started getting top billing for Underworld in ads and trailers.

I like Lawrence as much as the next person but she's becoming overexposed. She's everywhere these days. I'd rather some other young, up-and-coming actress get the part.

Jennifer Lawrence already has the X-Men and Hunger Games franchises to keep her busy. I'm not sure she would want to do a third franchise as well as two other ongoing ones.

As good of an actress as she is and as popular as she is right now I still think there are better candidates for the role.

From a business point of view Lawrence is probably very expensive to hire right now anyway having come off an oscar and being the 'hot' actress of the month. Execs may not rush to sign her up for a franchise if they have to pay her a ton of money because she is super in demand.

I wouldn't mind if they went for the superman route by casting a actor who is right for the role but not necessarily a household name right now like Reeves, Routh or Cavill were.

Last edited:
JL isn't happening til 2016.

So there is a chance of her taking it up depending on what's going on in her career at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"