The Dark Knight Rises Worst character of the trilogy?

Talia - Her character as Tate was as bland as you can get. She made Rachel Dawes seem interesting because at least she had a childhood connection with Bruce. Then she's revealed as Talia, hops into a Tumbler and gets killed, giving one of the worst death acting scenes in cinema history. I truly feel TDKR would be improved if Cottiard's character had been excised altogether. Anne Hathaway gave us all we need in terms of a great female presence.

I wouldn't have expected such hyperbole from you.

The bald headed guy on the ferry in TDK. Talk about a bad actor.

And as many users have said themselves, this trilogy is very much an Elseworlds story. As much as I love the comics, I was happy as hell to see Bruce to get the happy ending he deserves.

Oh I disagree. BB and TDK felt very true to the comics origins of Batman.

TDKR felt like a departure from that into Elseworlds, especially the 8 year retirement, John Blake, and Wayne giving it all up.

I'm not even sure that was a happy ending. How could Bruce Wayne be happy by not being Batman?

They didn't even develop his relationship with Selina. We had no idea whether he was even 'with' her.

Oh I disagree. BB and TDK felt very true to the comics origins of Batman.

TDKR felt like a departure from that into Elseworlds, especially the 8 year retirement, John Blake, and Wayne giving it all up.

I'm not even sure that was a happy ending. How could Bruce Wayne be happy by not being Batman?

They didn't even develop his relationship with Selina. We had no idea whether he was even 'with' her.

Oh I agree. I'll defend these films and their accuracy to the comics till the day I die. I still think Rises was accurate as well, right down to the combination of the numerous GN stories such as Knightfall, No Mans Land and The Dark Knight Returns.

We have to remember that this Bruce Wayne never wanted to be Batman forever. So the thought of him being happy and away from Batman doesn't seem so far fetched.

Regarding Selina, I can see why you don't think they had much of a relationship. I agree on some parts, but I still think they worked well together and were convincing enough.

I would have said Rachel, but that was settled with sweet justice when she died. I always have fun trying to finish her sentence before she gets blown to pieces. Though the worst character to me is Captain Obvious in TDK (What is that? Is that a bazooka!?).

Oh I agree. I'll defend these films and their accuracy to the comics till the day I die. I still think Rises was accurate as well, right down to the combination of the numerous GN stories such as Knightfall, No Mans Land and The Dark Knight Returns.

We have to remember that this Bruce Wayne never wanted to be Batman forever. So the thought of him being happy and away from Batman doesn't seem so far fetched.

I think the problem was BB and TDK really gave us the beginnings of Batman. It was basically Bruce's year one.

This film jumps right to his end, his retirement, while leaving an eight year gap of inactivity.

It's rather jarring. That's why this Batman ending feels too soon.

If we don't include cameos, it was Rachel Dawes. No contest.

Daggett annoyed me to no end, mainly because I was at my breaking point with the actor's horrible American accent. I was so happy when Bane ended him.

Here's a good choice. He served a good function to the plot and I liked how it was a monied shady individual who Catwoman and Bane both got to dominate (though more Bane) and connected the two characters who never had to have any lines in the movie like the Burton/Schmuacher formula....but man was that actor annoyingly hammy.

I liked Foley, personally. Yes, he is a barely developed cop after Gordon's job who is bad at his own before finding redemption and dying at the end...but it worked and also showed that Batman inspired people. Even if I wish it was more than just one cop in the movie. Well two when you count Blake, I suppose.

Foley. Definitely Foley. An underdeveloped, throwaway character, that served almost no purpose in TDKR, whose death scene was almost laughable, since we, the viewer, had such little exposure to his character and because of that, had no emotional attachment to him whatsoever.

I don't understand why so many people hate Rachel. She was a huge figure in Bruce's life, showing him the difference between justice and revenge. She, like Alfred, was kind of a moral compass for Bruce. In TDK, (Even though he never read the letter) She told Bruce not to lose his Faith in people, and in the final Joker fight, that's exactly what Bruce didn't do. Everyone was panicking that the people on the ferries were going to blow each other up, but Bruce said, not once, but twice, that it won't happen, even mocking The Joker about it when his plan failed. His only concern was The Joker, he believed too much in the people of Gotham.

Rachel was Bruce's childhood love, and the one thing he had hoped for after Batman. Her death broke Bruce's spirit and changed him for years to come. She was a well-developed character who served a vital purpose in Nolan's Batman. How anyone can say she is the worst character of the trilogy is ridiculous.

Many of the new characters introduced in TDKR felt like throwaway characters. It was just too late in the game to be bringing in all these new faces and not developing them.

Count me in on Talia, Foley and Rachel.

I think the problem was BB and TDK really gave us the beginnings of Batman. It was basically Bruce's year one.

This film jumps right to his end, his retirement, while leaving an eight year gap of inactivity.

It's rather jarring. That's why this Batman ending feels too soon.

Oh I see exactly what you mean and I understand it completely.

Foley. Definitely Foley. An underdeveloped, throwaway character, that served almost no purpose in TDKR, whose death scene was almost laughable, since we, the viewer, had such little exposure to his character and because of that, had no emotional attachment to him whatsoever.

I don't understand why so many people hate Rachel. She was a huge figure in Bruce's life, showing him the difference between justice and revenge. She, like Alfred, was kind of a moral compass for Bruce. In TDK, (Even though he never read the letter) She told Bruce not to lose his Faith in people, and in the final Joker fight, that's exactly what Bruce didn't do. Everyone was panicking that the people on the ferries were going to blow each other up, but Bruce said, not once, but twice, that it won't happen, even mocking The Joker about it when his plan failed. His only concern was The Joker, he believed too much in the people of Gotham.

Rachel was Bruce's childhood love, and the one thing he had hoped for after Batman. Her death broke Bruce's spirit and changed him for years to come. She was a well-developed character who served a vital purpose in Nolan's Batman. How anyone can say she is the worst character of the trilogy is ridiculous.
:up:

Talia

Yea Foley was a pointless character but he at least didn't play a crucial part in any of the movies the way Tate/Talia did.

And Talia too.

Rachel
Tatelia

Foley - "Get this hot head out of here", "I'm going to do what Jim Gordon never could. I'm going to take down the Batman". Foley was an irritating presence. I never got any chemistry between him and Gordon. I never believed for a minute they spent years together on the streets working together. Gordon had more chemistry with Stephens in TDK than he did with this character. When he died and the camera zoomed in on his body I rolled my eyes as if we are supposed to care this guy is dead.

Talia - Her character as Tate was as bland as you can get. She made Rachel Dawes seem interesting because at least she had a childhood connection with Bruce. Then she's revealed as Talia, hops into a Tumbler and gets killed, giving one of the worst death acting scenes in cinema history. I truly feel TDKR would be improved if Cottiard's character had been excised altogether. Anne Hathaway gave us all we need in terms of a great female presence.

Rachel (Katie Holmes) - Spends the whole movie putting Bruce down. Can't even bring him a birthday gift without having a dig at him ("You enjoy your party, Bruce. Some of us have work to do"). She was also a really poor actress overall in Begins.

Annoying extras - Namely the W.E. tech "It's gonna blow" x 500 guy in BB, and the annoying SWAT Cop in the truck with Gordon in TDK.

This.

Talia and Foley.

I'm guessing Foley was supposed to show someone who happens to be an arrogant jerk change into a decent, noble leader of his men by the start of the battle, but I didn't feel anything for him when he died. He definitely could have been done without.

Talia-oh where do I start? Besides the reveal, everything about Marion's performance seemed so distant and detatched. It made the reveal a little too obvious, even for some of my friends who knew nothing about the film before. They said the way she spoke seemed calculated and evil from the get-go. Her death scene is the biggest WTF. They could have at least cut away or just shown her slowly turn her head and die with her eyes open. Her character seemed unnecessary to me when she was announced. I wish they instead focused more time on Selina, Bruce, Gordon, hell, maybe even more Blake, but nope.

I wouldn't have expected such hyperbole from you.

Sorry to disappoint you but I don't think it's hyperbole. Her death is so drawn out and badly acted by Cottiard that it's a painful chore to sit through that minute and a half of watching her slowly die and spout that awful dialogue.

If it was a quick death it wouldn't have been so bad.

Talia and Foley.

I'm guessing Foley was supposed to show someone who happens to be an arrogant jerk change into a decent, noble leader of his men by the start of the battle, but I didn't feel anything for him when he died. He definitely could have been done without.

Talia-oh where do I start? Besides the reveal, everything about Marion's performance seemed so distant and detatched. It made the reveal a little too obvious, even for some of my friends who knew nothing about the film before. They said the way she spoke seemed calculated and evil from the get-go. Her death scene is the biggest WTF. They could have at least cut away or just shown her slowly turn her head and die with her eyes open. Her character seemed unnecessary to me when she was announced. I wish they instead focused more time on Selina, Bruce, Gordon, hell, maybe even more Blake, but nope.

As Miranda, she was kind of nutra-sweet for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"