The Dark Knight Rises Wouldn't it be awesome...

CConn

Fountainhead of culture.
Reaction score
if George Clooney made a Batman movie?

Y'know, direct/write/act.

Honestly can't say for sure. I'm not that familiar with his directing and writing work. But I wouldn't want him to act as Batman again, no.

He can write and direct but not acting as lead character.

Honestly can't say for sure. I'm not that familiar with his directing and writing work. But I wouldn't want him to act as Batman again, no.
He's directed Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Good Night and Good Luck, and the forthcoming Leatherheads. Confessions and Good Night and Good Luck were both utterly fantastic.

The thing you have to realize about Clooney's acting is, in B&R, he intentionally played Batman gay. He's said that much himself. Christian Bale could play Batman gay. But that doesn't mean he (or Clooney) would be unable to play a perfectly dark and brooding Batman.

He can write and direct but not acting as lead character.
The thing you have to realize about Clooney's acting is, in B&R, he intentionally played Batman gay. He's said that much himself. Christian Bale could play Batman gay. But that doesn't mean he (or Clooney) would be unable to play a perfectly dark and brooding Batman.

I'd be down. Because I think he could do a great job. Amazing director (Good Night and Good Luck, Syriana, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind), great actor (Michael Clayton, Syriana, The Good German), and a great writer (Good Night and Good Luck).

Also, I think he thinks that he owes the Batman in a way. He says that he killed Batman once. He'd really do all he could to make it great and give fans what they want. Also, he has the range to pull of a darker Batman.

I'd be for it. He'll I'd be down for him as Justice League's Batman.

Also, if he did deliver it would have such shock value after Batman & Robin that it'd be headline news.

-R

george-clooney.jpg

Clooney (excellent actor and who can perfectly lead a movie:whatever: no doubt about that) would a good older Bruce Wayne, maybe for a DK returns adaptation or anyway a film noir kind of Batman adventure !

I'd be even more pleased with David Fincher directing it !

have you seen any of his movies before ?????:wow:

Yes I have seen his movies but I don't want him as a lead character nor I want to see previous actors acting in the current franchise since Nolan's batman movies nothing to do with them but I wouldn't mind Clooney directing a Batman movie.

Yes I have seen his movies but I don't want him as a lead character nor I want to see previous actors acting in the current franchise since Nolan's batman movies nothing to do with them but I wouldn't mind Clooney directing a Batman movie.
Yeah ! Directing would be good too ! But I still think (and I know I'm not the only one) he coul play another type of Batman, older, melancholic etc...!

Here's a secret, Two-Face; A Clooney directed Batman movie would have nothing to do with either the old films or Nolan's films. :o

Clooney (excellent actor and who can perfectly lead a movie:whatever: no doubt about that) would a good older Bruce Wayne, maybe for a DK returns adaptation or anyway a film noir kind of Batman adventure !

I'd be even more pleased with David Fincher directing it !
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm thinking. Not with Fincher though, this should be an all-Clooney production.

But yeah, have it kinda be set in the past, maybe not exactly film noir, but definitely have a classic, '50s feel to it, have it have an older Batman, and have it be more of an espionage/drama type of film. And if you look at the movies Clooney has directed, they all kind of embrace the past, so it would work pretty well.

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm thinking. Not with Fincher though, this should be an all-Clooney production.

But yeah, have it kinda be set in the past, maybe not exactly film noir, but definitely have a classic, '50s feel to it, have it have an older Batman, and have it be more of an espionage/drama type of film. And if you look at the movies Clooney has directed, they all kind of embrace the past, so it would work pretty well.
So true ! He could direct and play in the movie ! That'd reinforce his power to sell the movie !

Exactly.

And yeah, when people first heard it, they'd think "Clooney as Batman? Not again." But if you market that baby like Good Night and Good Luck and Syriana, and Michael Claton are being marketed, people would come.

Exactly.

And yeah, when people first heard it, they'd think "Clooney as Batman? Not again." But if you market that baby like Good Night and Good Luck and Syriana, and Michael Claton are being marketed, people would come.
I think so too ! The big deal would be the marketing: "NO !!!!!! this is not Batman and robin 2 guys !":woot: :o

Here's a secret, Two-Face; A Clooney directed Batman movie would have nothing to do with either the old films or Nolan's films. :o

Yeah I agree but I don't want him to act in it that's all. :rolleyes:

All I said was I don't want him to act in the movie but can direct it.

That's what I been trying to say. i mean type.

I won't doubt his talent but I would prefer that characters associated with a negative aspect of a film franchise should just leave it be. it would be like Hally Barry teaming up with Oliver Stone to make a new Catwoman movie.

There's a difference there as Oliver Stone's made much worse movies than George Clooney. :o

Also, I still think you - and most people - overestimate the memory of the general public and underestimate the power of marketing and just showing what a film is about.

Do you really anyone outside of comic fans even remembers Catwoman? To us, it's a disgustingly bad slap in the face to a character we greatly enjoy. But to most people, it's just another crappy movies in a low sea of crappy movies most of them had never even seen. You wouldn't be dealing with millions of disgruntled fans. You'd be dealing with millions of people who just go to see whatever movie looks good at the moment.

And as I said before, if you actually pushed a Batman movie in the vein of Good Night and Good Luck with a ton of commercials and soforth, it would be painfully obvious that it wasn't anything like Batman & Robin. Just by pure advertising you can do that.

Besides that, let's not even talk about the public reaction. That generally means very little. The Godfather didn't do particularly well, Fight Club bombed, Serenity bombed...yet those movies are adored by legions of fans. No, the important thing is the actual quality of a film. And my question is do you think George Clooney could make a quality Batman film, and would you enjoy watching that film?

well I was just naming off any director that came into my head. how about (insert your favorite director) having him direct it

I think if George Clooney was cast in a serious Batman film, something like Batman Beggins, he would have been great.
When he takes the role seriously he is better than he was as Batman. But he mentioned how he saw the script, the rubber suit and rubber nipples and decided to play the character gay. I think he also decided not to take the role seriously, because how could you wearing that suit and fighting Arnold in a big robot suit (that had nipples) and he is suppossed to be a scientist.

He could have been a good Batman.

well I was just naming off any director that came into my head. how about (insert your favorite director) having him direct it
Well like I said, my believe is if you get a truly quality director, make a quality film, and market it as such, it will be at least moderate successful.

And as I said, that's not even the important thing. The important thing is the actual quality of the movie. I mean, if, say, Stephen Spielberg teamed up with Berry (kind of a bad example too, as she's generally not that good of an actress), to make a REALLY good Catwoman movie - totally faithful to the character, totally connected to what the character is about and what a movie about the character should be about - would you really care that it might not do so well?

Alright, sure, we'd all care, but quality is always the most important thing to fans. I'd rather have a movie like Serenity with a horrible box office than a movie like Fantastic Four with a good box office. Can we agree on that much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"