Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I've seen a lot of hate for these movies, I usually go to the the local Fox page and check the comments on their post about the trailer, to then see the positive responses of the general audience. The vocal majority usually shuts up after the reviews come in (until they announce the next one of course). ;)

That wasn't any confirmation, he was making that comment after a joke talking about how he was getting older. There was never any confirmation of Old Man Logan being the story for Wolverine 3 from anyone official at all.

and with random government villain and X-23 being rumored... Old Man logan is seeming less and less likely...

I feel like they tried to say that she became the way she was in the OT because she was captured, tortured, and experimented on by humans in the original timeline.

i definitely think they tried to infer that i'm sure..

and with random government villain and X-23 being rumored... Old Man logan is seeming less and less likely...

How so?

Just because those things aren't part of the "Old Man Logan" storyline in the comics doesn't mean that they couldn't be part of said storyline on film.

Did you bother to read the article?

The author spells out the context of the "Old Man Logan" comment pretty clearly... unless you're accusing said author of being intentionally misleading.

authors of web sites quoting a public speech by jackman don't confirm anything... written context (especially when bolded) can carry more perspective weight than the actual way something was said.. we're just saying, don't take it as undeniable proof...

at this point the only thing "old man logan" about an Old Man Logan wolverine movie.. will be an older looking logan and that he may or may not have been tricked into killing his team-mates... beyond that there's really nothing from that story that can actually be used.

Mystique has never actually "lead the xmen" just spin off teams in which she screwed them over

I see this as a completely flipped version of Mystique, a villain becoming hero... Tony Stark in the mcu may have story changes like ultron, but he's never become a supervillain.

Which is my point.

She has, however, led multiple teams in the comics, so it's really not that much of a stretch.

It's also not like she's the defacto longterm leader of the X-Men here. That will clearly be Cyclops' role. She appears to be standing in as a stopgap leader because Charles is incapacitated more than anything. She also appears to be sharing leadership duties with Beast.

I really want to hear the complaint when there's no Magneto or Mystique in the sequel.

X-Men: Enter Subtitle Here starring

Tye Sheridan
Sophie Turner
Alexandra Shipp
Kodi Smit-Mcphee
Lana Condor
Nic Hoult

Wonder what they'll cry about then

Too much Quicksilver, probably.

How so?

Just because those things aren't part of the "Old Man Logan" storyline in the comics doesn't mean that they couldn't be part of said storyline on film.

.... have you actually read the OLD MAN LOGAN story?

Symbiote T-rex, Ashlee Barton Spider-Woman, Inbred Hulks, Red-Skull with his collection of hero memorabilia being essentially a big bad... Dead Giant Man... Mysterio driving Wolverine to go insane and kill everyone... blind hawkeye

FOX owns none of those characters...

and then throwing in X-23 possibly sabertooth, and a made up government villain (where none fit into the OML Story)

At best you have Xavier/Jason replacing Magneto, Cyclops replacing Hawkeye, Government agent replacing Red Skull? Blob replacing the hulk inbreds?

imo it's pretty clear if Old Man Logan is involved at all.. with Sabes/X23 likely coming into the fold... it's going to be an original story...

She has, however, led multiple teams in the comics, so it's really not that much of a stretch.

It's also not like she's the defacto longterm leader of the X-Men here. That will clearly be Cyclops' role. She appears to be standing in as a stopgap leader because Charles is incapacitated more than anything. She also appears to be sharing leadership duties with Beast.

i explain all this later in the post's you're replying to.. so i'm not going to re-iterate.

Yoy seem to have a strong attachment to thinks being adapted from the comics so i think you would find plenty to complain about.

pardon me for wanting a franchise i love actually being more accurately portrayed and characterizations actually feeling like the characters they're based on....

some of you say this is the "only positive board on the internet" maybe it's no surprise then that this is also seemingly the only board on the internet where those who want more source material and characterization are scoffed at like they're crazy?

pretty much the only forum where this mind-set is in play...

so ... again, pardon me.

no the majority here just realize this is not the comic books if you want comics go read them

i am that way with all properties because CBM are nothing but elseworld tales of existing source material

these super hero movies are just an addition to already great source material

This trailer is already at 6m views on YouTube. Logan, ha power.

pardon me for wanting a franchise i love actually being more accurately portrayed and characterizations actually feeling like the characters they're based on....

some of you say this is the "only positive board on the internet" maybe it's no surprise then that this is also seemingly the only board on the internet where those who want more source material and characterization are scoffed at like they're crazy?

pretty much the only forum where this mind-set is in play...

so ... again, pardon me.

Wtf ever said this place was positive? And just because "Argh nerd rage doesn't mean its popular opinion" go look up the RT and IMDB score of the X-men films again. That gives you a much higher sample size than some fanboy forums will...:whatever:

after jackman has appeared in some form or another 6 movies and 3 solos its gonna be tough to recast and somehow integrate the new actor into the universe

no the majority here just realize this is not the comic books if you want comics go read them

i am that way with all properties because CBM are nothing but elseworld tales of existing source material

these super hero movies are just an addition to already great source material

no... this forums is incredibly torn... you've got maybe 5-6 posters tops... who constantly look at people funny who want to see their comic characters brought to life on the big screen and not hollow shells who are either vastly different then their source material, or basically just in name/power display only...

we have on average maybe 15 regulars in this forum.... and the rest of the hype cares not enough about this film or franchise to even come in here anymore... and the rest of the internet is either bashing this movie or semi-excited but wants more source material accurate X-men (thus the bashing)

otherwise this wouldn't be "the only place on the internet that seems positive"....

There's no majority in this thread.. it's pretty split, but it speaks volumes that most of the posters in the thread are regulars.. and we rarely get non-regulars...

This trailer is already at 6m views on YouTube. Logan, ha power.

you do realize views don't equal "we love everything and no complaints" i've watched all the trailers multiple times, still excited for the film, but does that mean i don't have strong complaints? Nope.

after jackman has appeared in some form or another 6 movies and 3 solos its gonna be tough to recast and somehow integrate the new actor into the universe

Do we know if the role is being re-cast or is this just speculation?

Wtf ever said this place was positive? And just because "Argh nerd rage doesn't mean its popular opinion" go look up the RT and IMDB score of the X-men films again. That gives you a much higher sample size than some fanboy forums will...:whatever:

i'm just quoting a poster from a few pages back.. and i've seen the "only positive place on the internet" reference a few time before on here...

also i'm still a big fan on this franchise.. why complaining about mystique and characters = "I hate this franchise let it burn to the ground no one wants to see it" I'll never know...

ps. weren't you the one months ago saying RT and IMDB scores really don't matter or have proof of much?

no... this forums is incredibly torn... you've got maybe 5-6 posters tops... who constantly look at people funny who want to see their comic characters brought to life on the big screen and not hollow shells who are either vastly different then their source material, or basically just in name/power display only...

we have on average maybe 15 regulars in this forum.... and the rest of the hype cares not enough about this film or franchise to even come in here anymore... and the rest of the internet is either bashing this movie or semi-excited but wants more source material accurate X-men (thus the bashing)

otherwise this wouldn't be "the only place on the internet that seems positive"....

There's no majority in this thread.. it's pretty split, but it speaks volumes that most of the posters in the thread are regulars.. and we rarely get non-regulars...

You live in a delusional fanboy state if you think that that it's only 15 people who "don't care" about the X-Men who are "positive" on this board and the rest of the world does "care" and wants Mystique to be exactly like the comics when 80% of the people who watch cbms have never picked up a comic in their lives. :lmao:

Fanboy are fanboy.
IMO, this forum isn't different than others in internet. For years, I saw crazy fan every where (Nolanites, Welling fans, Raimi fans, MCU fan, DC fans ect ...).
There are bad in all fan group.

1. What exactly was Phoenix's motivation? She was the id ok, so she does not need to have much motivation beyond random destruction. But why did she stand on the sidelines throughout the entire final battle? Why did she even bother going along with Magneto's war to eradicate the cure in the first place? It all seemed to be beneath her.

Her motivation revolves around control. Because, as a personality, Phoenix had been stifled and held back (Xavier's mindblocks) now the thing she fears is others trying to control her. It's in every scene, from the early ones with Wolverine, to Xavier, to Magneto. Jean even kills Cyclops due to a loss of control and an inability to control herself. She kills Xavier because she thinks he is trying to control her.

Dark Phoenix makes it clear to Magneto that she will not be controlled by him in the camp, and he catches onto this and almost immediately shifts her attention to the common enemy of humanity how? By explaining that humanity means to control mutants.

The reason she doesn't act until the very end is, aside from budgetary reasons, that she doesn't NEED to. She just wants to be left alone and to be free. She has not, in essence, really yet chosen a side in the conflict.

It is not until Magneto appeals to her after being "cured" that she begins to act. Because she sees humanity wants to control and diminish mutants, and because they are now actively trying to do so to her (the dozens of cure darts the military fires at her).

In the end, Phoenix is a selfish force, and she doesn't act until she is personally affronted.

2. How on earth did Pyro switch from nuanced rebel to cartoony 'I WOULD KILL XAVIER IF YOU ASKED ME TO' villain?

Where was he ever portrayed as a nuanced rebel? He walks away with Magneto in X2. That's "nuanced rebel". Pyro was clearly indoctrinated, and young and headstrong when he makes that comment about Xavier. Magneto recognizes that Pyro doesn't fully understand the war he's part of, and sets him straight.

3. Why did Xavier not grieve, or show any emotion at all really, for his prodigal son Cyclops?

Because the writers chose not to include this. They probably should have. Aside from that, there were much, much bigger issues to deal with.

4. Why did Mystique betray Magneto by giving away his location to the government? For petty revenge? Or was it something she cooked up with Magneto considering it was a ruse anyway?

Seriously? Because she was loyal to him for years and then he abandoned her. The film flat out says "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".

5. Why is Magneto so shocked when Jean finally unleashes her wrath on Alcatraz, knowing full well what she can do and actually banking on it for the final battle?

Because, he didn't truly understand the nature of her power, and didn't realize that she could become THAT powerful. He certainly didn't expect his actions and his attempts to manipulate Jean to put both humans and mutants in peril.

6. Rogue taking the cure may fit her prior characterization, but it is an absolutely terrible message to send to viewers. If she chose to take the cure on her own terms fair enough, but it was pretty clear she was motivated largely by the love triangle between her, Bobby and Kitty (which wasn't even a triangle considering Bobby and Kitty were just friends at that point). The message is basically 'Change yourself for your man'.[/quote]

"Make your own decisions" is a bad message to send to viewers?

You may need to watch that scene again. She flat out says she did it for herself. The film addresses this obvious concern by having Logan caution her not to do it for "some boy", having Bobby say he didn't want her to do it for him, and her ultimately explaining that she did it for herself.

you do realize views don't equal "we love everything and no complaints" i've watched all the trailers multiple times, still excited for the film, but does that mean i don't have strong complaints? Nope.
I fail to see where JP was implying this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"