X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 10

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by Thread Manager, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KidxMikexMcfly Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

Yeah it's mind boggling why they wont give her long hair. They've even given Mystique a different hair style.

#126 KidxMikexMcfly, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  2. carpenter82 Registered

Everything that has been released for this film officially and unofficially has been on point so far. Bring on the trailer!

3. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Idky it was so hard to give us blue/yellow before? This was such a easy and simple fix and will boost fan morale. Should of did this with X1. Kinberg has best costumes.. I knew it

4. Phoenix_Flare Registered

Honestly I think a long white haired wig doesn’t look good on screen. Reflecting back on X1 (even tho that choice of hair was horrible) it was unflattering on Halle. The wig looked dead and dry like it was not styled and cut properly. When it was in a ponytail in some scenes it look decent. To do a proper wig you need to hire a wig expert that knows what he/she is doing LOL. For ex Angela’s white dreads in Black Panther was gorgeous yet it still had hints of blonde in it so maybe I’m a future X-Men movie they have to come up with something creative for a long locks for Storm. However I will say that Storm has had some interesting hair choose in these films. LOL

5. fobi Registered

Talk about damned if you do and damned if you don't. Lol

6. carpenter82 Registered

Well it was a different time when the first X-Men came out. The last big superhero movie to be bright, and colorful was Batman & Robin. So I can understand why they decided to go that route.

7. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

I beg to disagree.

Just seeing Mystique and Quicksilver in the team as X-Men just doesn't sit well with me. While Jessica Chastain's character look like it came from the Matrix with the black ensemble.

We got these matching costumes in the past and unlike the New Mutants - the X-Men are iconic in their costumes that aren't a carbon copy of their teammates' costume. These costumes lack individuality and I assumed much better from the new costume designer. If this was the original five, it would be an easy pass for me but this is X-Men in the 90s and we know what are the most iconic X-Men costumes in the Comics during that decade. These yellow and blue aren't. Even in the comics, they brought them back in the 90s but it didn't last long. These costumes won't translate well in the posters. They just look too matchy, while Professor X would look out of place with his usual business attire.

8. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

It's not like these costumes are beloved in the comics though.

Damned if you do damned if you don't would be if Kinberg and his costume designer put Tye in a high quality navy blue costume with yellow straps and a circular comm-link on his chest*, and people still complained.

Edit: A costume like my avy.

9. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

I guess it is cheaper to produce matching costumes than have them in individualised costumes.

10. Ene Beef Jerky in a Ball Gown

From what we've seen so far, Kinberg is mixing material straight from the comics to new ideas. This usually is the recipe for a really good superhero film, if executed right. We'll see, I have trust.

11. Davidstorm Registered

I really liked those suits, I think it will only be for space travel.
    but anyway, I'm glad to see that he's looking at the comics and using that in the movie
    but some people are simply impossible to please,I have no doubt that if they were colorful and individual, they would still be criticized for some reason, perhaps the choice of fabric, color, cloak, glasses, shoes, earring,eye,fingers, body and so on,The important thing is to criticize something. :funny:

#136 Davidstorm, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  12. Charzhin0 Registered

There is nothing wrong with the suits. Anyone complaining is just looking for contrived reasons to hate.

13. Davidstorm Registered

14. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

How about you let others speak for themselves. No one is forcing you to dislike the costumes. This is an open forum. Whatever happened to free speech and respecting each other's differences?

No. I'm not looking for any reasons to hatem they teased colorful individualized costumes at the end of Apocalypse and for the sequel, we are getting matchy blue and yellow costumes. That's inconsistency.

15. Davidstorm Registered

:whatever: But nobody knows if these costumes will be used throughout the film .... it's totally likely to be just a uniform they will use for the trip into space,Simon probably chose to "uniform" the trip in space so he would not have to damage the other colored uniforms that will be used in the rest of the movie
    this space scene is in the beginning, so they will probably use another,and it would not be logical for him to stay throughout the film in the same uniform that went into space

#140 Davidstorm, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  16. marcvader Lurker #1

The majority of fans really liked the teased costumes at the end of Apocalypse but seeing these supposed flight suits doesn’t mean we’re not getting those again or a variation of them. I hope we do.

17. Charzhin0 Registered

We are getting matchy blue and yellow for atleast this scene. You dont know the rest so you have no justification for your rant.

18. Leo Zelinsky Mutie

Same thing they said about the flight suits last movie. Thankfully these are excellent costumes this time

19. NotNickFury Registered

Yeah, because Captain America for example has had the same costume between films. Or that these are apparently their only outfits. But yes, respecting each other's opinions- that's a very good question I'd love to hear answered, psy.

20. SumT Registered

Captain America, even if changing costumes, has kept some specific elements on each movie giving a sense of consistency. Unlike the X-Men movies. So no, the comparision doesnt work.

And you are constantly going after psyckolossus, week after week, I think at some point you will be warned by the mods.

21. Davidstorm Registered

he would not be surprised or even strange, if he changed the colored uniforms shown in apocalypse
    DP is happening 10 years later, so he has in his hands great possibilities of change or improvement.

22. NotNickFury Registered

No, it does. Particularly since there's never been a need to change Cap's outfits- seriously, why not keep the Winter Soldier stealth suit onward?

But back to X-Men. Especially since aside from the first three films, there hasn't been a consistency in which all of the X-Men have worn uniforms in the first place. Flight suits in First Class, practically no team to even wear suits in the past portions of Days of Future Past. If anything, Apocalypse to Dark Phoenix would be the only time with this new cast you've got some sort of continuation since there's actually a team to have the uniforms.

23. Lip Registered

I think they'll be releasing some official photos of the costumes soon. I don't think they'll want to repeat what happened in Apocalypse.

24. xrs13 Cold as ice

So in ten years their costumes wouldn’t have changed? Have you read the comics? :o

25. SumT Registered

like if the movies respected the source material or something lol
    what about respecting who are X-men and who not? the love relationships and not killing characters on their first movie? nah, its better to just respect changing costumes from movie to movie (unlike the comics, that had the same costumes for multiple #s)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.