Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the color, it looks nothing like the Muir Island X-Men costumes. They didn't have a big x in the chest and they wore yellow underwear, belt with a x symbol.

These costumes are more similar to the New X-Men costumes which debuted in the early 2000s.

Muir Island Saga was in the 90s just like this moviethats all I meant stop trying to correct everyone over everything.

I know those are from the 90s but like where are the red belts with the X symbol, the yellow underwears, the yellow boots and gloves?

I'm lazy to post pictures, but aside from the color scheme, it looks nothing like the Muir Island X-Men costumes.

So definitely not 90s inspired but early 2000s X-Men inspired.

Do I have to read that as well? lol

Funny enough I saw someone post this:
Uncanny%2BX-Men%2B%2523275%2B-%2Bcover.jpg

in another forum.

See, the comics even have leg rings. They have the same color scheme, that's it. The designs are totally different from one another.

The costumes look great straight out from the comics by Grant Morrison which were my favorite and is when I started getting into x men

See, the comics even have leg rings. They have the same color scheme, that's it. The designs are totally different from one another.

Sure, but any chance there could be inspiration from that? I was only going to dive into any & all Phoenix/Dark Phoenix stories and adaptations.

At least Marvel Studios has a chance to use the original 60s run costumes or the Jim Lee costumes now. Glad the costumes in this movie aren't those.

Well I eXpect them to come up with more appealing costumes.

Sure, but any chance there could be inspiration from that? I was only going to dive into any & all Phoenix/Dark Phoenix stories and adaptations.

Like the others have said, its more similar to the New X-Men costumes with the big x chest detail, though the Grant New X-Men had jackets and the color scheme was black and yellow.

But analyzing it more, I came up to the conclusion that they just simplified it.Blue tight jump suit with a big yellow x in the chest overextending in the arms. Anyway, it looks so plain and boring to me.

Like the others have said, its more similar to the New X-Men costumes with the big x chest detail, though the Grant New X-Men had jackets and the color scheme was black and yellow.

But analyzing it more, I came up to the conclusion that they just simplified it.Blue tight jump suit with a big yellow x in the chest overextending in the arms. Anyway, it looks so plain and boring to me.

No, I know it's more New X-Men.
I was referring to the space-related story of this 275 comic.

I skimmed through my library of X-Men comics and realized that these costumes are more inspired from the X factor costumes: though unlike the X factor costumes, everybody wears the same color and there are no hoodie, no gloves and no boots.

http://marvelheroes.info/item/826/

Didn't they just get some actual costumes in the last movie? Why change them already?

I want to see that in a MCU X-Men film
Didn't they just get some actual costumes in the last movie? Why change them already?

Fox being consistent of being inconsistent. And "its been ten years, they got plenty of costume changes in the span of ten years".... It just happened that they have the most basic set of costumes for this movie.

It doesn't look like space costumes to me. And the 90s X-Men space costumes look totally different from what Fox came up with. Why couldn't they adapt those for the space mission in the film?

It doesn't look like space costumes to me. And the 90s X-Men space costumes look totally different from what Fox came up with. Why couldn't they adapt those for the space mission in the film?

please provide images

The TAS just put astronaut suits over their costumes.

Not the most exciting of costumes, but hey, they are costumes. And they look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"