Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should he/she be banned? Because you don't agree with their opinion :whatever:
While I don't think he needs to be banned, I do think he should take a break from this thread. I think a better thread for him would be the MCU x-men one. From the little time I've been here he's only just bashed the film series(which is fine to a certain extent) and tell us how the MCU will handle x-men better. I'm not saying he should praise the FOX movies, but I do think there's a better place to vent his frustrations than this particular place. he just kind of spews out the same complaints over and over and at this point he's beating a dead horse and not really accomplishing anything.

So, to talk about the movie itself for a moment, what do you all envision a first teaser for this could look like? I think a quick sneak peek or tease could easily just be about the manifestation of Jean's powers, similar to the first Apocalypse trailer when Jean told Charles that she could feel all of this death.

Maybe the briefest of glimpses of the invading forces, that image we've seen with the space shuttle, and then wrap it up with a shot of Jean going dark? Maybe not necessarily full out, new costume Dark Phoenix, but enough of a glimpse to grasp that this isn't the Jean Grey that the X-Men are looking for.

I dunno, just trying to think of what good potential scenes could be that give enough of a story and establish the tone, but enough to entice you to stick around for the subsequent trailers, like the first teases for New Mutants and Logan, in my opinion, did...even IF some take issue with there being no big special effects in the New Mutants trailer.

While I don't think he needs to be banned, I do think he should take a break from this thread. I think a better thread for him would be the MCU x-men one. From the little time I've been here he's only just bashed the film series(which is fine to a certain extent) and tell us how the MCU will handle x-men better. I'm not saying he should praise the FOX movies, but I do think there's a better place to vent his frustrations than this particular place. he just kind of spews out the same complaints over and over and at this point he's beating a dead horse and not really accomplishing anything.

I used to "lurk" here about a year before I made an account. For AT LEAST the past 2 years they've been like this. But when people point out his/her behavior, a couple of other people (I have 2 or 3 in mind) always come running to their offense. Which isn't shocking considering they pretty much do the same thing.

There are mods here to decide if a user is breaking rules to be banned or not. However there is also a very mature decision which is not reading their posts. That can't possibly be hard, right? There are a few users here that post almost daily and I just skip their posts. Pretty easy. I didn't need to hit the ignore button (which is also a choice), or report them. And the best thing, you don't have to reply to them.

So, to talk about the movie itself for a moment, what do you all envision a first teaser for this could look like? I think a quick sneak peek or tease could easily just be about the manifestation of Jean's powers, similar to the first Apocalypse trailer when Jean told Charles that she could feel all of this death.

Maybe the briefest of glimpses of the invading forces, that image we've seen with the space shuttle, and then wrap it up with a shot of Jean going dark? Maybe not necessarily full out, new costume Dark Phoenix, but enough of a glimpse to grasp that this isn't the Jean Grey that the X-Men are looking for.

I dunno, just trying to think of what good potential scenes could be that give enough of a story and establish the tone, but enough to entice you to stick around for the subsequent trailers, like the first teases for New Mutants and Logan, in my opinion, did...even IF some take issue with there being no big special effects in the New Mutants trailer.

I think it will be similar to the first Fantastic Four teaser, since Kinberg said it is dramatic. And they'll throw a few scenes in space, which I believe there will be only in the first act of the movie, just so Jean can become Phoenix. The rest of the movie will probably be set on Earth.

Why should he/she be banned? Because you don't agree with their opinion :whatever:

Every time I come and read this thread psykolsus is always talking trash about Fox xmen or being needlessly negative. Im mainly a lurker and want to engage in dark Phoneix discussion but he/she is always hijacking this forum with off topic rants.

Every time I come and read this thread psykolsus is always talking trash about Fox xmen or being needlessly negative. Im mainly a lurker and want to engage in dark Phoneix discussion but he/she is always hijacking this forum with off topic rants.

Been that way for years now.

Well kinberg has said he didn't wanna release any footage until the effects are looking good

Being a teaser i suppose you either treat it like a mini trailer or you treat it like a teaser where you pick a tone to base the teaser around like they did with deadpool 2 where it wasn't just an ordinary teaser.

Last edited:

You go into any thread on this board and you'll see the usual suspects turning it all into their personal soap box for why they hate, hate, hate these movies and how it is just IMPOSSIBLE for this or New Mutants to be good. But you know, it is only because they're "indifferent" about the XCU. Of course.

Last edited:
Jlaw is **** as Mystique. I am watching First Class right now and she's an America's sweetheart making up codenames for everyone. Mystique is never an American sweetheart.

JLaw wasn't America's Sweetheart in 2011. She was the Oscar nominated up-and-comer from Winter's Bone.

But thanks for reminding me that this Mystique was always intended to be different from what we expected. I actually did like her quite a bit in FC and DOFP, as that felt like an organic continuation. She also had more development in those two movies than most female characters in all superhero franchises, including the rest of the X-films. Only in Apocalypse did I feel the character bending to the actor's personality and wishes, which is one of the many problems that movie had.

Yeah some kind of Phoenix impact moment with visuals of the force flowing through her like in the visuals we saw in the shots released earlier, and maybe a very quick flash of what she can do. Aside from that I'd want to see a team shot and a glimpse of the enemies.

The spamming is a bit insane, tbh. I've seen scripted bots that were less frequent and repetitive.

As far as any future teaser: I'm torn. I know I'll look at whatever teaser they put out, but I sort of want to go into the final main series X-Men movie completely unspoiled.

The number of times that people have been told to just put him on ignore is crazy.

Yet nobody wants to do that because?

Certainly made my life better.

So is Jessica playing Lilandra or nah? :ninja:

DRrXbqCWsAAfar1.jpg

JLaw wasn't America's Sweetheart in 2011. She was the Oscar nominated up-and-comer from Winter's Bone.

But thanks for reminding me that this Mystique was always intended to be different from what we expected. I actually did like her quite a bit in FC and DOFP, as that felt like an organic continuation. She also had more development in those two movies than most female characters in all superhero franchises, including the rest of the X-films. Only in Apocalypse did I feel the character bending to the actor's personality and wishes, which is one of the many problems that movie had.

I was obviously referring to her role in the X-Men films.

I'll post where I want to post.

Sad to say, but it seems like its only a matter of time now. :csad:

I haven't had a infraction since 2015. And I don't bash members left and right. I'm also one of the nicest members in the X-Men forums.

Last edited:
I think it will be similar to the first Fantastic Four teaser, since Kinberg said it is dramatic. And they'll throw a few scenes in space, which I believe there will be only in the first act of the movie, just so Jean can become Phoenix. The rest of the movie will probably be set on Earth.

I just want to see Dazzler and Psylocke in full glory which I could use as my neXt display picture! Though I am sure their role in this film isn't remarkable.

So is Jessica playing Lilandra or nah? :ninja:

DRrXbqCWsAAfar1.jpg

Unless she is lying then no.

The number of times that people have been told to just put him on ignore is crazy.

Yet nobody wants to do that because?

Because they clicking the view post for every new post?

The spamming is a bit insane, tbh. I've seen scripted bots that were less frequent and repetitive.

As far as any future teaser: I'm torn. I know I'll look at whatever teaser they put out, but I sort of want to go into the final main series X-Men movie completely unspoiled.

You should totally not watch the trailer and TV spots!

Last edited:
Yeah some kind of Phoenix impact moment with visuals of the force flowing through her like in the visuals we saw in the shots released earlier, and maybe a very quick flash of what she can do. Aside from that I'd want to see a team shot and a glimpse of the enemies.

I definitely want to know which character is Lamar Johnson portraying. And Daniel Cudmore as well!

I expect a heavy emphasis on Xavier, Erik and Raven when it comes to promotional materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"