Days of Future Past X-Men: Days of Future Past Countdown Thread

Day 47

1000px-Uncanny_X-Men_First_Class_Vol_1_2.jpg

Hey, Scott Gray, he edits a lot of the Panini CEs in this country - I had no idea he was also a writer. The guy's clealy a legend!

^^^ That big, bold, colourful picture screams 'Avengers-style blockbuster that might have been.' :csad:

Was the story not so good then?

No, no, no, you misunderstand completely.

That X-Men artwork has the big, bold feel of the Avengers movie.

But the X-Men movies have not reached that 'epic' level. It made me wish that we had an X-Men movie on an Avengers scale.

But the X-Men movies have not reached that 'epic' level. It made me wish that we had an X-Men movie on an Avengers scale.

That's true I guess, though I do personally love those X movies just the way they are :) !

No matter how much I loved The Avengers, I don't necessarily crave an X-Men movie in the same style. Bold, bright and colorful are not among the biggest reasons of why I love X-Men so much and there are several ways to be 'epic'.

Just me though. :)

Last edited:

Yeah same here. X3 tried to do that, Have a feeling DOFP will take the reign of most epic X Film.

there are several ways to be 'epic'.

yeah, definetly. I think he meant in terms of big action, big sets and all of that.

We definetly havent had a really BIG action battle in the x-movies yet, an epic battle in the middle of the city with everyone running, destruction and the heroes fighting around the streets.

Maybe the third part of this First Class series gives us all of that finally :woot:

Last edited:
yeah, definetly. I think he meant in terms of big action, big sets and all of that.

We definetly havent had a really BIG action battle in the x-movies yet, an epic battle in the middle of the city with everyone running, destruction and the heroes fighting around the streets.

The fight at Alcatraz in X3 is close but it was just too quick, I think it only lasted for 20 minutes.

Bryan SInger's X-Men 3 was going to have a bigger scale and the phoenix in the middle of the city, and it would be only part one of the bigger story that was supposed to continue with an X-Men 4.

Day 50
Uncanny_X-Men_First_Class_Vol_1_5.jpg

^The movie poster for Days of Future Past or X-Men 4 should be like that!

Maybe the third part of this First Class series gives us all of that finally :woot:

Exactly!

The fight at Alcatraz in X3 is close but it was just too quick, I think it only lasted for 20 minutes.

Absolutely, it was starting to get there, but it was a bit unpolished and flawed (the mutants leapt on the island too slowly, like obvious wirework; Phoenix stood around doing nothing; Juggernaut and Colossus never clashed). It needed to be mapped out and thought-out a bit more, as with any clash of superpowered beings.

The original pre-Ratner script with the Washington battle and the bridge scene in the middle of the movie would probably, overall, worked better. I'm sure Ratner made the changes so he could get the movie done in time and on budget though, so not entirely his fault.

But I did like some parts of that final battle a lot, such as when Phoenix raises water round the island.

A shame, too, that Storm's tidal wave scene was cut, though the special effect didn't feel 100% right (the column of water that fell seemed too narrow somehow).

The tidal wave scene seemed too gruesome for someone like Storm to do. She drowned all of those mutants and then electrocuted them to death. Too far for her character.

The tidal wave scene seemed too gruesome for someone like Storm to do. She drowned all of those mutants and then electrocuted them to death. Too far for her character.
She coldly electrocuted Toad and that woman with quicksilver's powers to death, so i don't think it was that much out of character.

She coldly electrocuted Toad and that woman with quicksilver's powers to death, so i don't think it was that much out of character.

Those were only single mutants, though. It's gruesome when it's an entire army of Mutants. It's also different because she made sure to drown them all before electrocuting them, which would have made the pain worse and was overkill.

I see your point. It could have been adapted a little, maybe summoning down a wider rainburst (rather than the narrow column) and just creating a huge wave to sweep the mutants away, without the electrocution being added.

I see your point. It could have been adapted a little, maybe summoning down a wider rainburst (rather than the narrow column) and just creating a huge wave to sweep the mutants away, without the electrocution being added.

Yeah, that would have been much better.:up:

And maybe thats why it didn't make the final cut, just like Colossus's scene where he smashed the body of the big fat guy that Iceman froze.

No matter how much I loved The Avengers, I don't necessarily crave an X-Men movie in the same style. Bold, bright and colorful are not among the biggest reasons of why I love X-Men so much and there are several ways to be 'epic'.

No, I agree with you. I think the 'epic' feel of The Avengers comes from the build up that went into it - it's essentially the fifth in the MCU series of films. I think X3 could have had an epic feel if Singer hadn't went to make (the frankly awful, in my opinion) Superman Returns and stuck with X-Men. There had been talk of Singer wanting to do a double shoot for X3/X4, which suggests to me it would have had a 'main event' feel to it. The fact that the Phoenix Saga would have been given more attention would have helped a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"