Days of Future Past 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a perfect Banshee in 1973!!

41b19867865d47410b82fa9c3620b56c_zps9c0d8c3e.jpg

I have no problem with how many times that picture has been reposted :)

He could play angel...or something...maybe havoc.

He looks a bit too naughty to be an Angel...lol. A right little devil, judging by those mischievous eyes and the cheeky upright hairstyle.

An older Havok? Gambit? Cannonball? Forge? Quicksilver in the future setting? Cypher? Longshot?

So we find a picture of a random actor who attended a First Class premiere/event and now he simply MUST be cast in DoFP? :huh:

So we find a picture of a random actor who attended a First Class premiere/event and now he simply MUST be cast in DoFP? :huh:

We're just having a bit of fun... nothing like a hot distraction to pass the time while we wait for news!:yay:

I don't think that's accurate, actually. They have rights to the characters they've used thus far in their films, but it ends there. FOX does not have cart blanche over the entire mutant catalog. Using additional characters beyond that would require licensing permission, etc., from Marvel. This is because there are literally hundreds of large and minor characters in X-Men lore that have been featured in the comics over the last 30 years. Marvel has never given FOX the monopoly on all of those creative resources.

Huh? So you're saying Marvel can't let FOX use Polaris. She's an X-Men character, of course FOX can use her if they want to.

after subject clarified, and back to Eleanor and Lucas:

what do you think?... do you think they fit together? or does it feels weird?

Looks good to me!

it seems its more interesting than to discuss the possibility of Jack the Giant slayer actress joining X-men cast

cool, I guess

I don't think that's accurate, actually. They have rights to the characters they've used thus far in their films, but it ends there. FOX does not have cart blanche over the entire mutant catalog. Using additional characters beyond that would require licensing permission, etc., from Marvel. This is because there are literally hundreds of large and minor characters in X-Men lore that have been featured in the comics over the last 30 years. Marvel has never given FOX the monopoly on all of those creative resources.

Kevin Feige has previously said Fox has all the mutants.

Marvel Studios could use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in an Avengers film, but would be unable to mention the word 'mutant' or that they are the kids of Magneto. Fox can also use those two characters but can't mention the Avengers. That's the only case mentioned where both have rights.

Fox was even able to use Viper, because she is part of the Wolverine storyline in the comics, even though she is not a mutant and is a larger part of the Marvel universe under her name Madame Hydra.

So, yes, Fox does have the full rights to the mutant catalogue. There are going to be a few exceptions, such as Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as mentioned, and of course Namor is a mutant but is primarily an Atlantean who is part of the wider Marvel universe rather than the X-Men comics.

it seems its more interesting than to discuss the possibility of Jack the Giant slayer actress joining X-men cast

cool, I guess

lol... we're not ignoring you. I think Eleanor is fine, either for a young Jean Grey, Polaris or Scarlet Witch. All three characters have a similar look. Eleanor's current hair colour suggests Jean Grey, of course, but she could easily be another hair colour for a film.

lol... we're not ignoring you. I think Eleanor is fine, either for a young Jean Grey, Polaris or Scarlet Witch. All three characters have a similar look. Eleanor's current hair colour suggests Jean Grey, of course, but she could easily be another hair colour for a film.

I think out of those three, Polaris would be the best choice. I don't really expect Scarlet Witch to appear in a X-Men movie anytime soon and her powers are kinda hard to explain. And she doesn't look like a younger version of Famke Jannsen.

Sounds like everyone is getting the script - Nicholas Hoult interview dated March 4:

He'll be seeing Lawrence again when the team of mutants reunites for "X-Men: Days of Future Past," which promises to somehow meld the new cast with actors from the original franchise. And how will it do that, exactly? "I literally just got the script today," Hoult says. "So I haven't read it yet, but I love that part and I'm happy to get the chance to play him again. And I'm particularly thrilled about working with Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart -- I grew up watching them in `X-Men' films."
http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2013/03/nicholas_hoult_spills_the_bean.html

Thank you, Narrows. :cool:

It's interesting to hear his thoughts before he actually reads the script. He seems to think (or hopes!) he's working with Hugh and Patrick, but James said he can't see the Xaviers being onscreen together.

Colour me interested as to what will actually happen.

BMM said:

Marvel Studios could use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in an Avengers film, but would be unable to mention the word 'mutant' or that they are the kids of Magneto. Fox can also use those two characters but can't mention the Avengers. That's the only case mentioned where both have rights.

Fox was even able to use Viper, because she is part of the Wolverine storyline in the comics, even though she is not a mutant and is a larger part of the Marvel universe under her name Madame Hydra.

So, yes, Fox does have the full rights to the mutant catalogue. There are going to be a few exceptions, such as Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as mentioned, and of course Namor is a mutant but is primarily an Atlantean who is part of the wider Marvel universe rather than the X-Men comics.

Okay, I stand corrected. I distinctly remember reading an online article a few years ago around the time Last Stand came out that said differently, but...whatever. My life is not resulting from it. ;) LOL

Feige also said that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch can be in X-Men movie, as long as they have no connection to the Avengers. Or they can be in Marvel Stuidios movies, as long as they are no mention of them being mutants ot Magneto's children.

I have no problem with how many times that picture has been reposted :)

LOL

41b19867865d47410b82fa9c3620b56c_zps9c0d8c3e.jpg

Not at all. He doesn't look anything like Banshee, nor does he look anything like the actor who plays him in First Class.

Certainly hasn't stopped them from using McAvoy or Fassbender. I'm of the opinion that if the actor works, I don't really care if he looks like his younger/older counterpart.

Eh I don't think he's handsome.

It's now confirmed. psylockolussus is Loco :p

Certainly hasn't stopped them from using McAvoy or Fassbender.

Obviously. Because that clearly isn't the same thing, as the age difference between the likes of McAvoy and Fassbender and Stewart and McKellen is far more extreme and more susceptible to suspension of disbelief than Jones and "rando-St. Patty" up there. While I'll certainly give you that there is a physical maturity that occurs between someone in their late teens and late twenties, or between their early twenties and early thirties, it is no where near as significant or noticeable a change as between someone in their early thirties and early seventies. I know people in their early 30s who look very much like they did in their early twenties. Not that this matters anyway, as that guy isn't playing Banshee.

Or anyone for that matter...

...and no one said he was...

Let's forget about O'Hottie for a second. Us suggesting him to be Banshee and/or Havok is obviously a joke. :huh:

Young Erik and Fassbender Erik. It was difficult for me to believe, that *that* kid would grow up to be Fassbender. Yet here we are.

Many movies in the past have cast different looking actors for younger/older counterparts. It's only really ever brought up if the acting is not up to snuff. If the acting is good, why the hell not. :o Again still not talking about Mr. Leprechaun.

Last edited:
If they want to recast Havok or Angel, Mike Vogel would be a great replacement!

mike-vogel.jpg

He's hella cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS