Days of Future Past 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Who is THIS GUY!?!

41b19867865d47410b82fa9c3620b56c_zps9c0d8c3e.jpg

:hrt::hrt:

Josh Kelly. He was in One Life to Live, he played Cutter Wentworth.

Now that I think about it he's more like a Banshee circa Generation X. Might have something to do with the t-shirt :p

Edit: Thanks Duran Man. Google is a-callin' :)

They aren't gonna recast Jones because the reception of the fans and the critics towards her portrayal of Emma Frost. Because if thats the case, they would have done that to Storm a long time ago.

The 11 year time jump could give them excuse.Plus who knows what Bryan Singer thought of her performance.Despite what some fans think of her It's clear the filmmakers like Halle Berry.If Bryan hated her he could have very easily left her out.

Now that I think about it he's more like a Banshee circa Generation X. Might have something to do with the t-shirt :p

Edit: Thanks Duran Man. Google is a-callin' :)

Enjoy!:hehe:

Well is there any news that filmmakers hate January Jones that they will recast her? No. And I've heard about her thing with Matthew Vaughn and that could be the reason if they don't bring back January Jones.

But I don't really think her acting performance will be the main reason why she won't comeback.

God Dayum. He actually looks like a guy I used to date.

Um, can he please be Older Banshee? Pretty please Bryan. Yes, and thank you.

Mmm...yes... wouldn't mind seeing him onscreen. I'll do the audition personally lol. Could be an older Havok... or a Gambit... or whoever!

guys, do you think Bryan could sign the female lead of Jack the giant slayer for X-men? Eleanor Tomlinson

She has a really good look for a female x-girl, take a look at some pics:

eleanor-tomlinson-3-043.jpg

I havent watched her acting yet, but... would you be mad if she is signed to join the 70's team?

Last edited:
Give her green hair – and Polaris! :)

havent thought about her as Lorna yet, for some reason she gives me Jean/Rachel teas.

But is she was Polaris, I guess I wouldnt be mad, hehe. Dont know how Lucas and her would look together, but maybe I'll post later two pics of them together to have a better idea :D

I really hope they don't bring Polaris into this project. And something tells me Marvel is not giving her up anyway.

I see Jean in Eleanor Tomlinson, but that's about it.

Marvel doesn't have polaris fox does.They have all mutants.

I don't think that's accurate, actually. They have rights to the characters they've used thus far in their films, but it ends there. FOX does not have cart blanche over the entire mutant catalog. Using additional characters beyond that would require licensing permission, etc., from Marvel. This is because there are literally hundreds of large and minor characters in X-Men lore that have been featured in the comics over the last 30 years. Marvel has never given FOX the monopoly on all of those creative resources.

Yes they do have nearly all mutants.That was confirmed.Fox even shares with marvel rights to quicksilver and scarlett witch.Fox has rights to them as mutants and as Magneto's children.

Yes they do have nearly all mutants.That was confirmed.Fox even shares with marvel rights to quicksilver and scarlett witch.Fox has rights to them as mutants and as Magneto's children.

No.

Allow me to explain: The operative word in your statement is "sharing" rights. Pretty big difference. FOX can't just "pluck" characters because they're mutants. It's not that simple.

Case in point: Jennifer Walters (She-Hulk) was a longtime member of the Fantastic Four. But she was also a popular Avenger. Just because she was an FFer doesn't mean that FOX has automatic rights to just use her in their next Fantastic Four film. Again, there are hundreds of large and minor characters in the Fantastic Four catalog of characters. If Marvel decides they want to use She-Hulk in their next Avengers project, guess who gets trumped?

At the end of the day, these are all Marvel's properties and these studios have to work within the parameters Marvel has set. It's like leasing a car from a dealership: eventually you have to give it back because you have terms and conditions of usage for a set period of time. In other words, ultimately, no one has "all" of anything except Marvel Studios.

If FOX wants to use Polaris in Days Of Future Past, they have to "lease" her. Perhaps that's already been done. But it's certainly not a case of "we've already got the keys", just because they've purchased Magneto. Marvel doesn't simply throw characters in like a 3 for 1 deal. :cool:

Last edited:
That's so crazy. It's like custody rights over children that don't even exist! Could they rename Polaris Polariss and get away with it??

No fox has rights to mutants locked up.They did that when they got the X-Men rights Kevin feige confirmed that.If they didn't you wouldn't be seeing any characters In films that haven't been used.There Is no way In hell DIsney will ever license any characters to any other studio.

She-Hulk Isn't a fair compassion.She was Hulk and Avengers character.Marvel has had wolverine and Spider-man join avengers In comics but Fox still has wolverine film rights and SOny Spider-Man.

The reason Fox and marvel share quicksilver and scarlett witch rights are due to them being mutants and Magneto's children.Marvel can use them as long as them being mutants and magneto's children Isn't mentioned.Fox If they put them In film couldn't mentionen them being avengers.

No fox has rights to mutants locked up.They did that when they got the X-Men rights Kevin feige confirmed that.If they didn't you wouldn't be seeing any characters In films that haven't been used.There Is no way In hell DIsney will ever license any characters to any other studio.

She-Hulk Isn't a fair compassion.She was Hulk and Avengers character.Marvel has had wolverine and Spider-man join avengers In comics but Fox still has wolverine film rights and SOny Spider-Man.

The reason Fox and marvel share quicksilver and scarlett witch rights are due to them being mutants and Magneto's children.Marvel can use them as long as them being mutants and magneto's children Isn't mentioned.Fox If they put them In film couldn't mentionen them being avengers.

:cool:

*sigh*

Okay. So...take Pixie. You're saying that FOX has automatic "rights" to her just because she's a mutant? You're saying that if Marvel wanted to put the character in some other film they couldn't because FOX owns her?

after subject clarified, and back to Eleanor and Lucas:

what do you think?... do you think they fit together? or does it feels weird?

Watched Origins last night for the first time since it came out.

I liked Taylor Kitsch as Gambit :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back