Sequels X-Men Sequel - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, how long until we get a separate section?

EDIT: looking at the wrong date

But good lord, three new X films next year. Along with a bunch of Kaiju films. So happy year for me.

Okay, now that I have the right date for Dark Phoenix (too many to keep track of, good problem), I would kind of prefer them to move it back a week. A little extra room to breath. Going against Mulan straight up seems like a losing proposition. Especially internationally.

Last edited:
As much as Kinberg gives me pause, I'm very excited to see the young X-Men make some cameos in New Mutants
and then show up 7 months later in their own vehicle.

I wonder if Famke Janssen and Sophie Turner will both be in Dark Phoenix...

So, how long until we get a separate section?

I'm not so sure about the date. Wedged right inbetween Han Solo and Bumblebee. Bumblebee isn't a big threat domestically, but I'm not a big fan of pitting them that close together in China, despite Apocalypse's strength vs Warcraft. And it will be interesting to see how the spin offs handle actual competition, which Star Wars hasn't really had yet.

But good lord, three new X films next year. Along with a bunch of Kaiju films. So happy year for me.

yep.and they clearly are jumping straight into dark phoenix

it's going to ambionas film.inless it changed han solo is suspose to come out in may.of course maybe it doesn't open later in china.think about it dark phoenix has sophie turner while han solo has emilia clarke if they open close inc hina battle of game of thrones babes:woot:

Off-topic, but I think I'm more surprised by Mulan coming out next year. I didn't think it would be that soon, given how we've only recently been hearing news about it, and not even casting news at that.

As much as Kinberg gives me pause, I'm very excited to see the young X-Men make some cameos in New Mutants
and then show up 7 months later in their own vehicle.

i don't find that likely personally, they will pick one or 1 or 2 who will have relevance to appear and thats it.

its one of those things where you can talk like it has to happen because its easy just to throw a character in because why not but same could and probably was said for Logan where people were like this person could cameo and that person could cameo... but when it comes down to it the director felt like they were unnecessary cameos to the story

Not sure how they would pull that off and why they would pull that off.

With this news i think we can say:

- Kinberg is the director
- New Mutant is deep in pre-production and they have already some key actors.

Why would Janssen be in it?

With this news i think we can say:

- Kinberg is the director
- New Mutant is deep in pre-production and they have already some key actors.
With NM, based on rumours, people like Maisie Williams have probably been set for several months. I wouldn't be surprised, actually, if they had everybody other than Dani Moonstar (who'll have to be cast with an unknown, since there isn't much in the way of name Native American actresses, sadly).

Off-topic, but I think I'm more surprised by Mulan coming out next year. I didn't think it would be that soon, given how we've only recently been hearing news about it, and not even casting news at that.

Disney are throwing these live action adaptations out like crazy

i don't find that likely personally, they will pick one or 1 or 2 who will have relevance to appear and thats it.

its one of those things where you can talk like it has to happen because its easy just to throw a character in because why not but same could and probably was said for Logan where people were like this person could cameo and that person could cameo... but when it comes down to it the director felt like they were unnecessary cameos to the story

Not sure how they would pull that off and why they would pull that off.

here is the think james mcavoy is likely going to be in both new mtuants and dark phoenix.alexandra shipp has already been heavily rumored to appear in new mutants.

now we know they are coming and have release dates we just wait for confirmation of new mutants cast and director and cast for dark phoenix.

I am assuming FOX wants to put a big enough gap inbetween new mutants and Dark phoenix because whether xavier is in both or not and them both being team movies you don't want people to feel like they are watching a similar movie only 2 months apart.

so i can kinda see why deadpool is released in the middle to be abit of a breather.

Infact FOX are brave to release new mutants and X-Men in the same year really.

Last edited:

With NM, based on rumours, people like Maisie Williams have probably been set for several months. I wouldn't be surprised, actually, if they had everybody other than Dani Moonstar (who'll have to be cast with an unknown, since there isn't much in the way of name Native American actresses, sadly).

Very true.

In fact, Maisie Williams and Anya Taylor Joy rumor was in april 2016.
Fox can't skip Comic Con this years. They CAN'T !!!

I find it more likely than the OML adaptation as much as it ends up being the 1 or 2 to relay back that 'yes, this is set during the FC era'.

I just still didn't expect the sequel to be out so soon.

Very true.

In fact, Maisie Williams and Anya Taylor Joy rumor was in april 2016.
Fox can't skip Comic Con this years. They CAN'T !!!

Yeah, at this point, there should hopefully at least be a title card or maybe teaser TO the teaser trailer at Comic Con if New Mutants is apparently so far along that it's coming out so early next year.

You can find a way to throw cameos into any X-Men movie but its just a case of whether you are doing it for the right reason i guess.

She played Jean Grey in four films... why not do it right this time?

And was there a Dark Phoenix storyline involving the younger Jean Grey at this point? If not, you might as well approach Famke if she wants to do it.

Kinberg. It is like they learned nothing from Deadpool and Logan. :csad:

She played Jean Grey in four films... why not do it right this time?

And was there a Dark Phoenix storyline involving the younger Jean Grey at this point? If not, you might as well approach Famke if she wants to do it.
This film is about the McAvoy-era X-Men, that was the whole point of Apocalypse's introduction of the new characters. They clearly set up the young Jean's Phoenix powers at the end of the last film.

Kinberg. It is like they learned nothing from Deadpool and Logan. :csad:

They did, 2 different movies, both different tones

Logan and Deadpool apart from the R-rating are fairly different.

New mutants will be different to X-Men and vise Versa probably.

Leave it to FOX to do rush jobs on X-Men. Have the scripts even been written? Characters been cast for NM?

Leave it to FOX to do rush jobs on X-Men. Have the scripts even been written? Characters been cast for NM?

They start shooting next month. Secrecy does not mean nothing is happening. Most of the NM cast has been locked, just not announced. Boone has been attached to write/direct for over a year now.

Honestly, NM isn't rushed at all. Josh Boone worked on the movie since forever and the first casting rumor came in April 2016. I think they worked hard on this project but they didn't announce anythings.

Technically, Dark Phoenix isn't more rushed than typical blockbuster sequel. Problem is the first movie for Kinberg as director.

They start shooting next month. Secrecy does not mean nothing is happening. Most of the NM cast has been locked, just not announced. Boone has been attached to write/direct for over a year now.

Yeah, given the release date for New Mutants, I imagine that there's a full cast already, but it just hasn't been revealed to us yet.

They did, 2 different movies, both different tones

Logan and Deadpool apart from the R-rating are fairly different.

New mutants will be different to X-Men and vise Versa probably.
Yeah, they both also had very talented directors. Now they have Kinberg directing a movie. That is such a backwards step.

Josh Boone seems decent enough, and the probable casting of Maisie Williams and Anya Taylor-Joy has my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"