Sequels X-Men Sequel - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
They start shooting next month. Secrecy does not mean nothing is happening. Most of the NM cast has been locked, just not announced. Boone has been attached to write/direct for over a year now.

Ah you you beat me, well said!

Maisie Williams, Anya Taylor-Joy, Nat Wolff, Alexandra Shipp, and James McAvoy are some of the likely cast actors for NM...

Shipp and McAvoy have a busy summer ahead of them.

Tim miller wasn't seen as a talented director before deadpool, infact what did tim miller actually do before Deadpool?

FOX took a risk and it paid off.

The difference between Miller and Kinberg is that Kinberg actually has a rich history of being a god-awful writer.

Tim miller wasn't seen as a talented director before deadpool, infact what did tim miller actually do before Deadpool?

True, and I think Deadpool's success overshadows the fact that Miller did next to nothing before that. Though I'd give just as much credit to Reese and Wernick for their script as I would Miller for his direction.

Maisie Williams, Anya Taylor-Joy, Nat Wolff, Alexandra Shipp, and James McAvoy are some of the likely cast actors for NM...

Shipp and McAvoy have a busy summer ahead of them.
That is rather awesome. James is my favorite of the X-Men crew.

So we're about to see one of the best X-Men stories messed up on film once again?

Until a talented director is actually attached, I won't believe this will be any good. At least New Mutants has a chance since like Deadpool and Logan it is being made by a fanboy of the material.

Yeah, they both also had very talented directors. Now they have Kinberg directing a movie. That is such a backwards step.

IMO, Kinberg directing is next X-Men is because Deadpool, Logan and other things.

He has great relationship with Singer, Mangold, Reynolds, Deadpool 'screw, Noah Hawley ect... So Fox trust him. I don't think is a good idea but he build a great reputation as producer so Fox want take risk with him as director.

Personally, i would go with Drew Goddard as director. But i just hope he is smart enough to make thing work.
He has the possibility to change his image with geek culture. His pressure is BIG ...

Last edited:
Wait is Kinberg actually directing?

If so I'm out.

How many horrible scripts has Tim Miller writer? Who thought FF with a certain director was a good idea? He then pitched that director to LF.

Tim Miller impressed with that test footage. Kinberg has been making people pull out their hair with his decisions and work for a while now. And this is from someone who liked his Star Wars Rebels work.

Until a talented director is actually attached, I won't believe this will be any good. At least New Mutants has a chance since like Deadpool and Logan it is being made by a fanboy of the material.

You can get a fanboy of the material but doesn't mean they will deliver the way you think they will.

There is a chance mangold killed off the X-Men off screen in Logan for the sake of logan and Xavier... there is your fan boy.

I haven't seen anywhere Kinberg confirms as director yet so that gives me hope he won't be.

I also think it's too soon for them to be doing Dark Pheonix when Jean and Scott were only introduced in the last movie. IMO we should have had a movie in between.

But 3 X-M n movies in one year is exciting to say the least. Also I hope Sophie Turner and Alexandra Shipp have small roles in NM along with McAvoy.

Wait is Kinberg actually directing?

If so I'm out.

No but the movie is very deep in pre production so i will be very suprised if it isn't him.
I would be very happy to be wrong on this one.

Good:

The November release date. A first for a mainline X-film. Finally off that horrid Memorial Day weekend.

The title. If it sticks to just being "Dark Phoenix" I love that. I like when franchises switch up the titles (The Dark Knight, The Wolverine, Logan). Taking "X-Men" out of the title tells us this is different from the rest.

Bad: Kinberg. Simon Kinberg. Kinberg Productions. Directed by Simon Kinberg. Written by Simon Kinberg. Story by Simon Kinberg. Ugh.

No but the movie is very deep in pre production so i will be very suprised if it isn't him.
I would be very happy to be wrong on this one.

He wasn't mentioned as director in the release date news. So I really hope they have someone else lined up other than Kinberg.

There is a chance mangold killed off the X-Men off screen in Logan for the sake of logan and Xavier... there is your fan boy.
He delivered what most people believe the best Wolverine on screen and best Wolverine movie period. Not to mention one of the best CBMs too.

Meanwhile Kinberg has duds like TLS, FF and Apocalypse.

Honestly if you wanna criticize kinberg for his writing it doesn't really mean he would be a bad director

Yes people say about FF and that he might have directed the the reshoots but that film already had too many chefs in the kitchen from the sounds of it

Honestly if you wanna criticize kinberg for his writing it doesn't really mean he would be a bad director

Yes people say about FF and that he might have directed the the reshoots but that film already had too many chefs in the kitchen from the sounds of it

But surely you have to ask, if he isn't very good at his prime profession, what makes you think he will be good in a secondary one which is an even harder job and he has little experience in?

Thankfully he hasn't been confirmed as director yet so I am holding out hope he isn't directing. If he does end up being confirmed. I will try and keep an open mind, but my excitement for the movie will be all but gone.

Good:

The November release date. A first for a mainline X-film. Finally off that horrid Memorial Day weekend.

The title. If it sticks to just being "Dark Phoenix" I love that. I like when franchises switch up the titles (The Dark Knight, The Wolverine, Logan). Taking "X-Men" out of the title tells us this is different from the rest.

Bad: Kinberg. Simon Kinberg. Kinberg Productions. Directed by Simon Kinberg. Written by Simon Kinberg. Story by Simon Kinberg. Ugh.
What is wrong with Memorial Day?

He delivered what most people believe the best Wolverine on screen and best Wolverine movie period. Not to mention one of the best CBMs too.

He delivered by telling a story that went in a few directions that fans would normally disprove off if the movie hadn't turned out good.

Its not about being a fanboy.

He delivered by telling a story that went in a few directions that fans would normally disprove off if the movie hadn't turned out good.

Its not about being a fanboy.
You almost dismiss the most important part. It was really good.

He's still writing it. That much is confirmed.

I don't mind him writing, as a director can then change things in the script for the better. Him doing both just doesn't give me confidence at all.

We know both Singer and the actors worked to "improve" the dialogue written by him (McAvoy even called out the dialogue as "dodgy" in one interview I believe). Knowing Kinberg is now calling all the shots from all angles is a scary thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"