The Winter Soldier "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope for a gym/workout/shower scene for Natasha in the film. Doesn't have to be lengthy.

Was this interview recent? Evans looks in GREAT shape here. He looks closer to his bigger TFA size than the leaner TWS size.

I think that interview was before CATFA came out. There are more gifs of him damn near busting the seams out of that shirt. :woot: I'll have to check Tumblr and see if I can hunt them down.

Natasha Romanov needs to be a self-actualized person, even though her enemies will occasionally say she isn't. She's gone from working for whoever was calling the shots before (we still don't know if it was post-Soviet Russia or someone else) to working for Nick Fury.

Natasha: I've got red in my ledger. I want to wipe it out.
Yelena: And killing the people that Nick Fury tells you to does that? I didn't even know the soul had a ledger.

Casting ideas:

Contessa Valentina Allegra DeFontaine (Val for short): Elizabeth Reaser. I'm neither a Twi-Hard nor a Twi-Hater (Twi-Neutral?) but I think she could work as the SHIELD agent.

Yelena Belova, the new Black Widow: Chloe Grace Moretz. Some fans want Amber Heard, but I like the idea of Yelena being close to a child spy.

Last edited:
I think that interview was before CATFA came out. There are more gifs of him damn near busting the seams out of that shirt. :woot: I'll have to check Tumblr and see if I can hunt them down.

Yeah, dude is a beast. To date I haven't seen anyone (in a comic film) in better shape than Christian Bale, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, & Henry Cavill. Those guys go into the gym & come out defining the word 'super'. haha

Don't forget Hugh Jackman
Dude's got ten years on the rest o' them, and he's still in better shape than Bale ever got!

I'm surprised there hasn't been a controversy over heels like there was for the Avengers, given that there seems to have been arguments over everything else (except for maybe the shade of red used in the black widow symbol:woot:). Personally I didn't mind them given that they weren't shown onscreen often (if at all) and seemed to be there only to make her seem a little taller next to her cast mates.
That's precisely why I didn't mind the heals in TA. They were barely ever shown onscreen and when they were, it was really quick shots. Also, I think that the whole reason why she wore them was to make her look taller standing alongside her male co-stars (Scarlett is not a tall woman).

So, in an interview with Total Film Magazine, Feige claimed

“We start filming the next Avengers film at the end of March. Widow’s part in that is very big. We learn more about her past and learn more about where she came from and how she became who she became in that film. The notion of exploring that even further in her own film would be great, and we have some development work with that.

Curious. I remember reading rumors that her backstory was going to be explored in CATWS. I guess that if they do, they'll still be leaving some mystery to be discovered in Avengers 2.

So, in an interview with Total Film Magazine, Feige claimed

Curious. I remember reading rumors that her backstory was going to be explored in CATWS. I guess that if they do, they'll still be leaving some mystery to be discovered in Avengers 2.

"Development work"?

I'm intrigued, Mr. Feige. Very intrigued.

I don't want to get my hopes up. There have been rumors of a Black Widow movie since after Iron Man 2. Apparently, Nicole Perlman (who did the original GOTG draft), wrote a Black Widow script that impressed executives so much....that they brought Perlman in to work on Thor.

I feel that Marvel really missed an opportunity by not giving Widow a Phase 2 movie, considering the overall tone and theme. I'm pretty sure that the whole MaoS/CATWS thing of SHIELD not being what they seem could have been incorporated into a Black Widow movie, especially since Natasha has a history of fighting organizations as opposed to individual villains.

But still, there is a part of me just wishing that we will get that Phase 3 announcement of a Black Widow movie. Oh, it would be so wonderful if we could.

Widow from the new magazine cover:
33f3mna.png

I don't want to get my hopes up. There have been rumors of a Black Widow movie since after Iron Man 2. Apparently, Nicole Perlman (who did the original GOTG draft), wrote a Black Widow script that impressed executives so much....that they brought Perlman in to work on Thor.

I feel that Marvel really missed an opportunity by not giving Widow a Phase 2 movie, considering the overall tone and theme. I'm pretty sure that the whole MaoS/CATWS thing of SHIELD not being what they seem could have been incorporated into a Black Widow movie, especially since Natasha has a history of fighting organizations as opposed to individual villains.

But still, there is a part of me just wishing that we will get that Phase 3 announcement of a Black Widow movie. Oh, it would be so wonderful if we could.

I had never heard that about a BW script being written already. I sure hope Feige isn't just blowing smoke again.

Widow from the new magazine cover:
33f3mna.png
That costume is definitely the best she's had in the movies. The one thing that bothers me (its not really a flaw, I love the costume!) is that the Shield logo is so small.

I had never heard that about a BW script being written already. I sure hope Feige isn't just blowing smoke again.

I read it in a The Mary Sue article. The script in question, however, must have been submitted even before Thor came out, since apparently that's what Perlman went to work on later. So yeah, a BW movie has probably been 'in development' for a while.

http://www.themarysue.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-writer/

One things that gives me hope, however, is that Feige seemed to be talking about Widow's place in the MCU in general, as opposed to answering a question of when Marvel was going to release a solo female-led film. He probably could have mentioned Natasha's role in Age of Ultron without bringing up a solo film. The fact that he chose to anyway.......

I hoping that if she's well-received in TWS and AOU (Whedon did mention that she has a key role in that film) that it will finally persuade Marvel to move forward with a solo film. If they're going to do a female-led movie, then she's the obvious choice to start out with.

I hoping that if she's well-received in TWS and AOU (Whedon did mention that she has a key role in that film) that it will finally persuade Marvel to move forward with a solo film. If they're going to do a female-led movie, then she's the obvious choice to start out with.

If the success of recent films like Catching Fire and Frozen is any indication, having a female lead in one's film does not hinder said film's success.

If they can get a great scriptwriter who knows how to write great female, and a great director who knows how to direct them (i.e.-- someone like Joss Whedon or Joss Whedon himself), and then market it well (it's Marvel Studios, so no biggie), it should have no problem being successful at the box office.

k1uwjq.jpg

The evolution of The Black Widow in the MCU, from her debut in Iron Man 2, to The Avengers and now The Winter Soldier.

Dear Lord, when did BW turn into Big Barda? I've NEVER pictured her as being nearly that big, the artist screwed up big time. That size=not very conducive to stealth/being a spy.

she's not that big. Cho just made her head too small. anyways, she's teaching those unconscious SHIELD agents around her self-defense.

If the success of recent films like Catching Fire and Frozen is any indication, having a female lead in one's film does not hinder said film's success.

If they can get a great scriptwriter who knows how to write great female, and a great director who knows how to direct them (i.e.-- someone like Joss Whedon or Joss Whedon himself), and then market it well (it's Marvel Studios, so no biggie), it should have no problem being successful at the box office.
I agree 100%. However, there are those people (including people on these very boards) who would argue that CF's success was because it was based on a YA novel with a built-in audience, and not because it had a female lead. They would also argue that Frozen succeeded because it was a Disney Princess movie, so it "doesn't count." Unfortunately, I'm willing to bet that at least a few studio heads/execs feel the same way.

If they weren't going to explore her backstory in this movie, and they were using her as a major part of AoU in a setup for her own movie, makes me wonder why they've make her such a big part of this movie.

Not to say that she couldn't have been a part, but that she's Cap's closest friend and the co-lead, but they're planning her being in her own movie by next phase, kind of an odd plan.

If they weren't going to explore her backstory in this movie, and they were using her as a major part of AoU in a setup for her own movie, makes me wonder why they've make her such a big part of this movie.

Not to say that she couldn't have been a part, but that she's Cap's closest friend and the co-lead, but they're planning her being in her own movie by next phase, kind of an odd plan.

^^^ Only what he posted is none of those things, girls here love the shirtless Evans, Amell, Hemsworth and Bale scenes, it's the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"