"Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by herolee10, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hypestyle Registered

I hope for a gym/workout/shower scene for Natasha in the film. Doesn't have to be lengthy.

2. Xeno That's America's ass!

I think that interview was before CATFA came out. There are more gifs of him damn near busting the seams out of that shirt. :woot: I'll have to check Tumblr and see if I can hunt them down.

3. starwolf_oakley Registered

Natasha Romanov needs to be a self-actualized person, even though her enemies will occasionally say she isn't. She's gone from working for whoever was calling the shots before (we still don't know if it was post-Soviet Russia or someone else) to working for Nick Fury.

Natasha: I've got red in my ledger. I want to wipe it out.
    Yelena: And killing the people that Nick Fury tells you to does that? I didn't even know the soul had a ledger.

Casting ideas:

Contessa Valentina Allegra DeFontaine (Val for short): Elizabeth Reaser. I'm neither a Twi-Hard nor a Twi-Hater (Twi-Neutral?) but I think she could work as the SHIELD agent.

Yelena Belova, the new Black Widow: Chloe Grace Moretz. Some fans want Amber Heard, but I like the idea of Yelena being close to a child spy.

#928 starwolf_oakley, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  4. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

Yeah, dude is a beast. To date I haven't seen anyone (in a comic film) in better shape than Christian Bale, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, & Henry Cavill. Those guys go into the gym & come out defining the word 'super'. haha

5. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

Don't forget Hugh Jackman
    Dude's got ten years on the rest o' them, and he's still in better shape than Bale ever got!

6. Loki882 Registered

That's precisely why I didn't mind the heals in TA. They were barely ever shown onscreen and when they were, it was really quick shots. Also, I think that the whole reason why she wore them was to make her look taller standing alongside her male co-stars (Scarlett is not a tall woman).

7. SharpTeeth Registered

So, in an interview with Total Film Magazine, Feige claimed

Curious. I remember reading rumors that her backstory was going to be explored in CATWS. I guess that if they do, they'll still be leaving some mystery to be discovered in Avengers 2.

8. Suzanne78 Abs Without Fear

"Development work"?

I'm intrigued, Mr. Feige. Very intrigued.

9. SharpTeeth Registered

I don't want to get my hopes up. There have been rumors of a Black Widow movie since after Iron Man 2. Apparently, Nicole Perlman (who did the original GOTG draft), wrote a Black Widow script that impressed executives so much....that they brought Perlman in to work on Thor.

I feel that Marvel really missed an opportunity by not giving Widow a Phase 2 movie, considering the overall tone and theme. I'm pretty sure that the whole MaoS/CATWS thing of SHIELD not being what they seem could have been incorporated into a Black Widow movie, especially since Natasha has a history of fighting organizations as opposed to individual villains.

But still, there is a part of me just wishing that we will get that Phase 3 announcement of a Black Widow movie. Oh, it would be so wonderful if we could.

10. AnneFan Hathaway #1

Widow from the new magazine cover:
    [​IMG]

11. Three_Inches Registered

I had never heard that about a BW script being written already. I sure hope Feige isn't just blowing smoke again.

12. coluanprime Registered

That costume is definitely the best she's had in the movies. The one thing that bothers me (its not really a flaw, I love the costume!) is that the Shield logo is so small.

13. SharpTeeth Registered

I read it in a The Mary Sue article. The script in question, however, must have been submitted even before Thor came out, since apparently that's what Perlman went to work on later. So yeah, a BW movie has probably been 'in development' for a while.

http://www.themarysue.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-writer/

One things that gives me hope, however, is that Feige seemed to be talking about Widow's place in the MCU in general, as opposed to answering a question of when Marvel was going to release a solo female-led film. He probably could have mentioned Natasha's role in Age of Ultron without bringing up a solo film. The fact that he chose to anyway.......

14. Loki882 Registered

I hoping that if she's well-received in TWS and AOU (Whedon did mention that she has a key role in that film) that it will finally persuade Marvel to move forward with a solo film. If they're going to do a female-led movie, then she's the obvious choice to start out with.

15. Ant-manic Registered

16. TheWiseGuy487 Feelin’ blue, feelin’ good

If the success of recent films like Catching Fire and Frozen is any indication, having a female lead in one's film does not hinder said film's success.

If they can get a great scriptwriter who knows how to write great female, and a great director who knows how to direct them (i.e.-- someone like Joss Whedon or Joss Whedon himself), and then market it well (it's Marvel Studios, so no biggie), it should have no problem being successful at the box office.

17. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

[​IMG]
    The evolution of The Black Widow in the MCU, from her debut in Iron Man 2, to The Avengers and now The Winter Soldier.

18. Loki882 Registered

19. Ant-manic Registered

she's not that big. Cho just made her head too small. anyways, she's teaching those unconscious SHIELD agents around her self-defense.

20. Loki882 Registered

I agree 100%. However, there are those people (including people on these very boards) who would argue that CF's success was because it was based on a YA novel with a built-in audience, and not because it had a female lead. They would also argue that Frozen succeeded because it was a Disney Princess movie, so it "doesn't count." Unfortunately, I'm willing to bet that at least a few studio heads/execs feel the same way.

21. BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

If they weren't going to explore her backstory in this movie, and they were using her as a major part of AoU in a setup for her own movie, makes me wonder why they've make her such a big part of this movie.

Not to say that she couldn't have been a part, but that she's Cap's closest friend and the co-lead, but they're planning her being in her own movie by next phase, kind of an odd plan.

22. BullMcGiveny Probably Disagree

If they weren't going to explore her backstory in this movie, and they were using her as a major part of AoU in a setup for her own movie, makes me wonder why they've make her such a big part of this movie.

Not to say that she couldn't have been a part, but that she's Cap's closest friend and the co-lead, but they're planning her being in her own movie by next phase, kind of an odd plan.

23. Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

[​IMG]
    This is my new "this is sexist/misogynistic/degrading" gif.

24. Hunter Rider Ronin

^^^ Only what he posted is none of those things, girls here love the shirtless Evans, Amell, Hemsworth and Bale scenes, it's the same thing.

25. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Don't get her started, Hunter....! :wow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.