Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Snyder is referring to the original plan when it was a two parter, not what was actually shot.

I think Zack is messing with his fans on this one for sure. Henry is 100% wearing the classic suit in what Zack shot and there is tons of evidence to prove it.

As a matter of fact, look closely at the image Zack posted, I am almost certain its an altered color graded image. I dont think Henry’s actually wearing the black suit. It looks cool dont get me wrong but ... yeah I think Snyder got drunk and started talking nonsense on Vero. Lol
He said "in Zack Snyder's Justice League" meaning of he actually got to shoot what he wanted Superman would've worn the black suit for the rest of JL part 1.

Either way this is the one thing I am glad the WB overruled him on. I like the black suit but always prefer the Blue & Red.

always preferred the blue & red suit, both on superman and spider-man, over the black suits. lol

Snyder saying that his cut has the black suit makes no sense. In all of the behind the scenes footage of Superman when Snyder was directing, he has the red and blue suit, not the black one. So does this mean that Snyder has changed the color to black in post production? Because in the behind the scenes of Superman meeting Alfred or during the final battle he has a blue suit on.

He's clearly talking about the original plan, when Superman was supposed to be confused/evil before turning back.

I think Zack is messing with his fans on this one for sure. Henry is 100% wearing the classic suit in what Zack shot and there is tons of evidence to prove it.

As a matter of fact, look closely at the image Zack posted, I am almost certain its an altered color graded image. I dont think Henry’s actually wearing the black suit. It looks cool dont get me wrong but ... yeah I think Snyder got drunk and started talking nonsense on Vero. Lol
According to recent comments by Snyder, Superman was wearing his black suit when he meets Alfred, now I'm confused, if that's correct, who filmed this ? Because this is not from Whedon's reshoots (no moustache)

henry_cavill_justice_league_behind_the_scenes_batcave.jpg

supernan-bts-justice-league.jpg

Snyder filmed all of that. Any behind the scenes photo of Henry without the stash is Snyder. I think the black suit maybe a change that Snyder has made for his cut. Maybe he intended on having a black suit, WB said no and so he had to shoot with the blue suit. But now with him apparently finishing his cut maybe he changed the color in post production. We'll see when the Snyder cut hopefully releases.

As a graphic designer, it's infinitely easier to color change anything to black/grayscale than it is the other way around, so based on my own surface experience, maybe they filmed everything in color, figuring they can just change it to black whenever they see fit.

Sort of like a weird reverse of the original Superman TV show.

Honestly, if the snyder cut did get released later on, I hope Snyder would keep the suit's colors to its traditional red and blue. Having Superman join the league for the first time in his black outfit takes away from the iconography of the group. Plus seeing him do the shirt RIP with the black suit in the end feels wrong.

I agree. If we get the Snyder Cut, as this would be the final movie, I would want Superman in traditional garb. I like the idea of Superman showing up in front of Alfred in the hopeful blue and red rather than the black.

I would need to see how it plays out. Right now it’s one of those things where we’re just arguing iconography. Snyder gets flack for relying on visuals, but we’re doing the same thing here lol.

I’m not gonna lie guys, I’m starting to become over it. Zack’s teases were real nice for a while but its all starting to wear on me if this is just him trying to get WB’s attention.

I think i'll find the tidbits over years, discussion and memes more interesting than the actual movie.

I'm waiting till 2020 before I start thinking about the pathetic or let it go comments

Yeah this lead up, whether it amounts to anything or not, has been truly fascinating.

My gut is telling me that this Snyder Cut is coming out on HBO Max. I would personally love to own a blu-ray, but that's doubtful at this point.

This whole black suit situation is interesting, to say the least. I followed the behind scenes filming while Snyder was involved in the production pretty heavily, and there are tons of Cavill Superman photos (without the mustache) that featured him at the memorial site or in the blue/red suit, so was his plan the entire time to switch it to black in post? Maybe this was just a very tight-lipped secret?

I recall Fabian Wagner, Snyders go-to DP, revealing he did in fact shoot scenes of the black suit, but couldn't recall (backtracking a bit perhaps, maybe he revealed something he shouldn't have?) if it was test footage or for the real thing.

Here are the interviews I'm referring to:

Justice League DP Recalls Filming Black Suit Superman
Superman Black Costume Scenes Were Filmed for 'Justice League' | Inverse

There could be more to this than what we know or have seen behind the scenes.

Watching BvS for the first time in a long while, i’ve been watching it in little segments over the last few weeks—at the part where Bats and Supes fight and cotdamn is this unrelentingly brutal. Its beautifully filmed but Zack is a crazy motherf***er for thinking that people werent gonna be absolutely outraged watching Batman so viciously dismantle Supes in this way. Still love this movie but cotdamn :funny:

Watching BvS for the first time in a long while, i’ve been watching it in little segments over the last few weeks—at the part where Bats and Supes fight and cotdamn is this unrelentingly brutal. Its beautifully filmed but Zack is a crazy motherf***er for thinking that people werent gonna be absolutely outraged watching Batman so viciously dismantle Supes in this way. Still love this movie but cotdamn :funny:
I was pissed when I saw this in the TC. But the Ultimate Edition made it a little more balanced when you see before they started fighting and even when they were fighting you see that Superman was still holding back even while poisoned he was just mostly in defense role.

I was pissed when I saw this in the TC. But the Ultimate Edition made it a little more balanced when you see before they started fighting and even when they were fighting you see that Superman was still holding back even while poisoned he was just mostly in defense role.

Same here. Upon first watch in the TC, it was an absolute shock to the system and not in a good way. But as you said its most definitely more balanced in the UC especially with the added context of Clark’s feelings toward the Batman in general.

I think at this point, we can all be honest with each other though, right? The way they clash is a little sloppy and contrived. Clark could have easily ended the fight at the onset with just a few words...but since its “Batman v Superman” we gotta get ‘em to fight. Once the fight gets going though, I can feel Superman’s rage and him feeling like “this guy’s an absolute madman, I gotta put him down.”

I don't think the fight or the way it's handled is contrived, but I definitely think the death of Superman and Doomsday is completely contrived.

The fight is basically one sided. Batman is the bad guy, but he thinks he's the good guy, and Superman isn't going to kill Batman...while Batman clearly wont stop. I wouldn't claim that's contrived. Now, it could've been handled better or had a better story written around it, but the fight itself doesn't feel contrived, it's just not perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"