Zak Penn: Q & A's from the XVerse on Hulk 2

They closed the thread due to spoilers. :hulk:

Will there be some Hulk action at the beginning or is it too soon in the movie?

I wonder if Atheon the monster maker is in the script.

Hugebear said:
They closed the thread due to spoilers. :hulk:

Will there be some Hulk action at the beginning or is it too soon in the movie?

I wonder if Atheon the monster maker is in the script.
oh come on... thats just stupid :mad:

Sava said:
oh come on... thats just stupid :mad:

:mad:
I just hope Penn answers some more questions.

So what did you think about the Banner turning into the Hulk 10-20 minutes in Hulk 2? Didn't they say there would be more action and less drama in the movie and some Hulk fans said the Hulk took too long to come out in Hulk?

I'm gonna tell Ted to have Zak join the Hulk boards here and do a Q & A if he's finished talking X3.

word to everything

i have high hopes for hulk 2

at least the writer wants to write it and has actually talked about it

these past weeks have given us mroe news then the 3-4 years that we used to almost kill each other

hopefully hulk 2 will be something we all can enjoy.

it will be the peace treaty between hulk 1 lovers and those that didn't like it.

then the fighting will end

ironmaidenrules said:
word to everything

i have high hopes for hulk 2

at least the writer wants to write it and has actually talked about it

these past weeks have given us mroe news then the 3-4 years that we used to almost kill each other

hopefully hulk 2 will be something we all can enjoy.

it will be the peace treaty between hulk 1 lovers and those that didn't like it.

then the fighting will end

you've been around SHH for 2 years, Fanboys never stop fighting ;), there will always be something

Advanced Dark said:
I'm gonna tell Ted to have Zak join the Hulk boards here and do a Q & A if he's finished talking X3.
yeah, ask Zak to join us here... if he doesnt mind

it longer

had an older name

trust me

i know what fighting about the hulk can lead to.

I just hope he takes on board the negative feedback he been given on X3 about the treatment of characters and the movies run-time. I'll honest, I think its a joke the running time for X3, and the treatment of Cyclops is an even bigger joke. I just hope he is able to learn from these mistakes to give us a truly quality sequel.

ironmaidenrules said:
it longer

had an older name

trust me

i know what fighting about the hulk can lead to.
;)

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I just hope he takes on board the negative feedback he been given on X3 about the treatment of characters and the movies run-time. I'll honest, I think its a joke the running time for X3, and the treatment of Cyclops is an even bigger joke. I just hope he is able to learn from these mistakes to give us a truly quality sequel.
I dont really care about the running time as long as it aint really short, couldnt care less about Cyclops either. As long as he turns out a good script, i'll be happy, i just wanna see Hulk up on the big screen again.

well the thing is, the head honchos told him what to do

he just had to write about it

hopefully hulk 2 director and him get along well

Sava said:
;)

I dont really care about the running time as long as it aint really short, couldnt care less about Cyclops either. As long as he turns out a good script, i'll be happy, i just wanna see Hulk up on the big screen again.

Well, i care a lot about Cyclops and the run time. X3 is supposed to be bigger, better than the other two 'our ROTK' according to Kinberg, and then they make it 97 mins long. And if he's willing to kill off Cyclops in a story line which he should be central to, who is he willing to kill off in the Hulk sequel. See what i'm trying to say?

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
And if he's willing to kill off Cyclops in a story line which he should be central to, who is he willing to kill off in the Hulk sequel?

Ang Lee ? :eek:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
Well, i care a lot about Cyclops and the run time. X3 is supposed to be bigger, better than the other two 'our ROTK' according to Kinberg, and then they make it 97 mins long. And if he's willing to kill off Cyclops in a story line which he should be central to, who is he willing to kill off in the Hulk sequel. See what i'm trying to say?
you see, the thing is, i dont think he was the one making the choice of how long the film would be, can you imagine how much a Xmen movie as long as ROTK would cost?... Maybe the Cyclops thing is a good idea, but you wont see it that way cause you already bi*ching about it, no matter how good the story might be, you wont like it cause you're already going in with the "i cant believe they did this" thing in your head. Just give the movie a chance.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
you see, the thing is, i dont think he was the one making the choice of how long the film would be, can you imagine how much a Xmen movie as long as ROTK would cost?... Maybe the Cyclops thing is a good idea, but you wont see it that way cause you already bi*ching about it, no matter how good the story might be, you wont like it cause you're already going in with the "i cant believe they did this" thing in your head. Just give the movie a chance.

Sava said:

I didnt mean i wanted a movie as long as ROTK Sava, but when the film-makers use that as a comparison, i expect a longer movie, i'm sorry but i just do. The movie also has about 25 characters and two main plots. Now, all of the early reviews have also said that the movie needed to be longer as some characters are just there without doing much. I'm not expecting ROTK length, but BB or even Hulk length would have done fine. And why could they not have brought back Cyclops at the end to bring Jean back? How hard would it have been. Now this may not have been Penn's decision, but he has lead is on for eight months making fans hope that Cyke does come back, why didnt they just say straight away because all the fans had read he AICN script for ****s sake.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I didnt mean i wanted a movie as long as ROTK Sava, but when the film-makers use that as a comparison, i expect a longer movie, i'm sorry but i just do. The movie also has about 25 characters and two main plots. Now, all of the early reviews have also said that the movie needed to be longer as some characters are just there without doing much. I'm not expecting ROTK length, but BB or even Hulk length would have done fine. And why could they not have brought back Cyclops at the end to bring Jean back? How hard would it have been. Now this may not have been Penn's decision, but he has lead is on for eight months making fans hope that Cyke does come back, why didnt they just say straight away because all the fans had read he AICN script for ****s sake.
i have no idea why he did those things, maybe he was told to.

Maybe, he was told to, Kinberg said they were given parameters were Cyclops was concerned, but we'll never know what these parameters were. And it also shows that Penn is a studio puppet, which i dont blame him for, as he is just trying to make a living, but it doesnt bode well if marvel give him certain instructions. I'll have to ask him how much freedom he has on this project when the thread re-opens on the X-verse

I'm so excited that this guy is into Bruce Jones' run! I LOVE Bruce Jones' run on the Hulk!

I bet that he is going to draw a lot of the story from the "Dark Minds, Dark Hearts" arc (issues 50-54) which had a secret agency devise a fight between the Abomination and Hulk.

The story will be very different to be sure, but it makes perfect sense that they would keep certain elements of the plot. After all, Bruce Jones' run will be a big inspiration for the movie and the villain will be Abomination.

That being said, if Spiderman 3 can have two villains, why the hell can't Hulk 2 have more than one villain? I hope they throw the Leader in there too. Between the goverment, Abomination, and the Leader there will be plenty of action and conflict to help drive the story forward.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
And if he's willing to kill off Cyclops in a story line which he should be central to, who is he willing to kill off in the Hulk sequel. See what i'm trying to say?
You. Are. A. ****ing. *******. Thank you for spoiling X3 for me, dick. I avoid all X3 related sites, and then I get screwed over in a ****ing HULK thread. You blow.

Mr. Green said:
You. Are. A. ****ing. *******. Thank you for spoiling X3 for me, dick. I avoid all X3 related sites, and then I get screwed over in a ****ing HULK thread. You blow.

Dont ****ing read the post then tosspot.

^ LOL That's been plastered over every site on the internet for the last 6 months. Hey Mr. Green I can tell you at the end, after the credits that...... LOL

ironmaidenrules said:
well now that that ctas out of the bag

the writers were told how to write it

They didnty say they were told how to write it Ironmaidenrules, they were just given certain parameters for certain characters were. Not sure whether they told them to kill them off, you'd have to ask them about that.

Mr. Green said:
That being said, if Spiderman 3 can have two villains, why the hell can't Hulk 2 have more than one villain? I hope they throw the Leader in there too. Between the goverment, Abomination, and the Leader there will be plenty of action and conflict to help drive the story forward.

Did you see Batman Forever? They should of sticked to one villain. The Riddler or Two-Face could have handled Batman by himself.
In Spider-man they rushed the Green goblin plot on the secound half of the movie.
They need to fully develop the characters and have enough screen time for them.
Also I hope they don't make the Abomination a henchman for the Leader.
The Abomination needs his own movie.

kill off Cyclops
:( I care about Cyclops too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back