The Dark Knight Rises A New Director After Nolan?

Gill mentioned that Aronofsky was Nolan's first choice for MoS. If Nolan's job is the same for the next franchise as it was for MoS, then there's no reason to believe that Aronofsky wouldn't be near the top, if not #1 on his list.

I have absolutely zero desire to see a Snyder Batman film.

Refn
Cuaron
Aronofsky

And if Robinov will stop acting like an infant, Fincher
If each of them directed one film in a trilogy it could be legendary.

In that exact order too.

That would be inspired.

Hold on. I'm painting a mental picture...

Oh my....

I liked Hellboy 2 the most of all his work.

I hated Pans Labyrinth. The visual style incredible and the story's premise showed promise but the script just made the movie downright painful to watch and, I feel, didn't take the core premise nearly as far as it should have.

I thought Hellboy 2 was probably his best film visually, but script wise... ehh.

What didn't you like about Pan's Labyrinth?

Actually having re-watched Hellboy 2 for the first time in a coupla years i'd probably put it above the first Hellboy. My only problem is that from the part where the princess gets taken by her brother (Goss is awesome), up until the final battle, it drags a bit. It got some great touches to it, like there is a scene where Hellboy is standing next to a tv that's playing Frankenstein's Monster. And the Troll Market part plus the fight with the Forest God is amazing.

I'd like to imagine Alex Proyas doing a decent job of a Batman film after his The Crow, could be interesting.

It would never happen, but what if WB went after Paul Thomas Anderson?

Batman would slowly go insane over the course of the film before finally murdering his arch enemy in a fit of rage?

I thought Hellboy 2 was probably his best film visually, but script wise... ehh.

What didn't you like about Pan's Labyrinth?
I pretty much just sumed it up best I could. It just felt like a slow burn to me. I liked the setting, I liked the premise and the characters, but as the movie wore on, the only thing that seemed all that exceptionally interesting about it were the scenes of torture or gore.
Actually having re-watched Hellboy 2 for the first time in a coupla years i'd probably put it above the first Hellboy. My only problem is that from the part where the princess gets taken by her brother (Goss is awesome), up until the final battle, it drags a bit. It got some great touches to it, like there is a scene where Hellboy is standing next to a tv that's playing Frankenstein's Monster. And the Troll Market part plus the fight with the Forest God is amazing.
It just had a ton of awesome characters and moments in it overall. Johan Krauss was awesome, Goss was awesome..things like that really made me forgive the bits where the plot drags.

Although, it could have used a bit more Tambor.

Did you people see Aronofsky's idea for a Batman script? No thanks. I really wish they would wait a long time to make a new one, and when they do put Robin in the film and make the underlying theme more about collective strength than Bruce's own personal journey. I think maybe a good director isn't the most obvious big name, like Nolan wasn't in '04. But I have a big nerd fantasy of Keaton and Burton re-teaming for The Dark Knight Returns.

WB sometime likes to hire some directors who worked on Marvel movies, so it is possible that they could ask Louis Leterrier, Joe Johnston, Jon Favreau.

I like him the best to direct the next batman movies. He did a good job with the Iron Man films, so he has expierence doing comic book films. He can mix action and humor pretty well.

After Cowboy and Aliens and Iron Man 2 you want to put Favreau in control of the next version of Batman?

I think we can do better.

After Cowboy and Aliens and Iron Man 2 you want to put Favreau in control of the next version of Batman?

I think we can do better.

Whats wrong with Favreau? IM2 was not that bad, sure not as good as the first film but a pretty good film nevertheless. I think he could do a good job with the Batman franchise.

IM 2 was pretty bad, but no director is perfect. The first Iron Man was very and though a new Batman would obviously be different, I think Favreau could handle it.

Still, I don't think he'd be my first choice though.

Im2 was mediocre, but i'd put more blame on the Marvel execs, rather than Favreau.

But no, get someone like Alfonso Cuaron or Del Toro.

Which he'll probably never do. But if he was offered Batman? I'm sure he'd bust a gut to do it.

Alfonso Cuaron would be too good to be true.

A Batman movie from the director of Children of Men? Gives me the dizzies just thinking about it.

I can't speak for directors because frankly I don't know enough about them. However as was previously said - I think Nolan should be allowed to do them till he gets tired of them. He has really set the bar for how Batman movies should be done - even to the point of reversing the damage done by the last director of the series. :doh:

As for subjects I would like to see:

* I also would like to see a "Film-Noir" version done - maybe "Year-One" when the Batman was first getting started. Though I know it will never be done as it won't be "Techie" enough.

* A version of the Batman vs. Predator series of comics. Or something along the lines of the AVP movie where the battle is going on in Gotham City and Batman is trying to protect the citizens. I think this would make a killer movie in the series if done right and treated along the serious lines (as much as possible I know) as the Nolan films.

<S>!

Oh, Nolan very much is allowed to do them until he gets tired of it. But he's stated numerous times that he doesn't want to do any more after TDKR.

More importantly, is wally pfister going to DP on the next batman
I doubt it.

Usually directors team up with their own personal DPs. Plus Pfister will probably be busy doing whatever movie Nolan is doing after TDKR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"