Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that Famke and Halle are the only actors people are concerned with in terms of aging. Such a double standard. :whatever:

James Marsden's name was also brought up in that other thread. But i know what you're saying.

Yeah, I hope the alternate future timeline is the one they pursue. My only reservation is that the Fox/producers might think that idea is too convoluted for the general masses to accept, with multiple characters suddenly being resurrected.

Well, the convoluted-ness didn't stop Inception from being a huge hit ;)

I'm sure that with the proper explanation the alternate timeline should come off clearly enough.

Famke Janssen, Rebecca Romijn and Halle Berry are the most beautiful women of X-Men.
Must return.

What if Ben Foster returns as Archangel with his metal wings and he's a mutant collaborator working for the Sentinels.

I think people would be lost.

What if Ben Foster returns as Archangel with his metal wings and he's a mutant collaborator working for the Sentinels.

If they do an Age of Apocalypse I would love to see Angel return with metal wings, but not DoFP.

I'm not so sure on the likeliness of having Foster back since he really didn't do a hell of a lot with Angel in X3. I'd be surprised if he got into the character from such a small role.

Too much for DoFP. Let's not go down the X3 road and start cramming in characters as if it's the last X-Men movie that will ever be made.

Angel/Archangel belongs in the Apocalypse storyline, so hopefully we'll see that as it was a result of the DoFP story.

I love that Famke and Halle are the only actors people are concerned with in terms of aging. Such a double standard. :whatever:

No double standards from me.

None of them is getting any younger. Male or female. Jackman also looks a lot older these days than when he entered the franchise as a bright-eyed, smooth-faced 31-year-old, and since X1 was made 13 years ago, it's not surprising.

No double standards from me.

None of them is getting any younger. Male or female. Jackman also looks a lot older these days than when he entered the franchise as a bright-eyed, smooth-faced 31-year-old, and since X1 was made 13 years ago, it's not surprising.

Very true. However...he's starting to look even more like Wolverine now that he's a little older. And he's not quite over-the-hill yet :D. The dude's in phenomenal shape and he's 44-years-old. I have a feeling he'll look like he can kick everyone's @$$ when he hits 50

Very true. However...he's starting to look even more like Wolverine now that he's a little older. And he's not quite over-the-hill yet :D. The dude's in phenomenal shape and he's 44-years-old. I have a feeling he'll look like he can kick everyone's @$$ when he hits 50

Yeah, we could have Hugh for quite some times. Which is no bad thing if you ask me.

Yes, I agree, he does look more like Wolverine when he's a bit rougher and not so pretty!

Strangely enough, with the decision to cut his hair shorter this time, he comes across much younger, which I don't think was their intent.

Rebecca still looks amazing at 40

recent picture of her from last month
Rebecca+Romijn+Third+Annual+Veuve+Clicquot+ZpD8LZheusFl.jpg

yeah it's lame, but I suspect it's coming from younger fans. Any adult knows that Halle Berry and Famke Janssen are aging fantastically and are beautiful more mature women.

That last picture of Famke is definitely retouched, but I've seen super high res pics of Famke from the last year and she has ridiculously nice skin for a woman in her late 40s. I'm assuming she takes very good care of herself.

Halle can look regal given the right clothes, direction etc. I'd go as far as saying Halle is better suited for Storm now than she was 10 years ago.

mk7k6.jpg
uS9mR.png

MMRoi.png

I think Wolverine and Kitty.

Im hoping the alternate future features Cyclops since TLS wouldnt have happened.

Who's in:

James Marsden (Cyclops):
The number one Singer man of all the cast. Went with Singer to Warner Brothers. Singer wanted to expand on Cyclops because he was Singer's favorite character. He will want fix what Ratner&Rothman did to the character and actor.

Anna Paquin (Rogue):
She and Singer remained close after he left X3. Went to his Superman Returns premiere in LA which didn't not sit well with FOX (probably why Margaret was kept in production hell). Went with Singer to Warner Bros and started doing films and Cable at Warner (HBO). And like Cyclops Singer may also want to undo the mess that Ratner&Rothman made of Rogue. Now since she's a blond I'm assuming she will dye her hair because Bryan made her dye her streaks for X2.

Famke Janssen (Jean):
Another big Singer supporter. He was even developing a show for her at Universal which unfortunately never left Development hell. She was also pretty vocal about supporting Singer. With her coming back for The Wolverine will only lead to that she will be back for Days of Future Past.

Rebecca Romijn (Mystique):
Like Paquin and Janssen she was another vocal supporter of Singer. She also was vocal about Ratner's "over the top" ideas for the X-Franchise. She was in the first XMFC so I'm expecting her to cameo (maybe expanded).

Hugh Jackman (Wolverine):
Definitely happening but I'm sure in a limited role. I think with Singer's expansion on Cyclops will leave Wolverine out in the cold due to screentime limits.

Ian McKellen (Magneto):
Eventhough Ian and Bryan can be lukewarm with each other they are also very professionally respectable. With Fassbender's Magneto role expanded will also allow for some Ian-Magneto involvement as well.

Patrick Stewart (Professor X):
Like Magneto is the most necessary out of the bunch to be in this film. Stewart and Singer have remained very friendly over the years.

Who's OUT:

Halle Berry (Storm):
Her relationship with Singer is legendary. There seems to be absolutely no love lost between these two. I don't see him wanting to work with Halle any more and with Rothman fired from FOX I don't see the new Studio Heads pressuring Singer to cast her back into the films. Singer was vindicated after XLS. She also may not want to work with Singer herself due to their poor chemistry.

Ellen Paige (Kitty):
Ellen didn't make a huge splash in this forgettable role. I also doubt she would want to come back to the franchise since her career is still riding a little high with Inception and Juno. I also don't think Singer wants to cast anyone from Ratner's selection.

Taylor Kitsch (Gambit):
Singer has made it no secret that he's not a big fan of the character. I doubt he'll want to cast Taylor "box office poison" Kitsch back into this role. I think if anything this character will just stay out of the film.

WILD CARDS

Daniel Cudmore (Colossus:
Like Alan I think he could be wild card. With time constraints may not allow Singer the time to add him or Bobby (Iceman) to these films.

Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler):
He's a wild card. Nothing major is happening with Cumming's career so I could see him as a possibility of wanting to come back. YET, with all his kvetching about the Make-UP and his lukewarm relationship with Singer may keep him from coming back to the movies.

Ultimately, I think Bryan is sticking with the Core Five (Wolverine, Rogue, Jean, Cyclops and Professor X) and then the core Brotherhood (Mystique Magneto) mostly due to timing constraints.

Last edited:
If they go with the Future with sentinles Is alternate timeline or If they let Bryan Singer outright stay they are Ignoring the Last stand Your speculation could be right on the
money.My preference would be they just go with Last Stand didn't happen.That would solve some of their more obvious problems.

If they go with time travel by switching minds with younger version that only leaves Xavier,Wolverine,Mystique.If they actully have someone physically go to past I think we
are looking at Wolverine or Rogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back