All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleted post

Last edited:
I'd delete that Big Thor thats one of the spoilers that were in that thread that WB's wanted to deleting. The Mods might not like it wouldn't want to see you get banned.

What happened to the thread about the artwork description?

vug9d.jpg

Dare I say I find the use of this speech more effective in the trailer (and hopefully in the movie)?

I'd delete that Big Thor thats one of the spoilers that were in that thread that WB's wanted to deleting. The Mods might not like it wouldn't want to see you get banned.

Yeah...spoilers without warning are not cool. Give me a TAG, BigThor, in the future.

Here's a good indication of what Superman's power level is going to be in MOS.

"In line with what I've heard, Superman barely scrapes by in the movie against Zod and Faora and other supposed less powerful enemies, the person who literally beats the bloody bad place out of him the most is not Zod (he actually apparently fares much better against the General) is Faora. You know the ash kicking Spider-Man receives from Green Goblin in spider-man 1 what with Tobey screaming in major pain with each punch and knee that Goblin gives him... multiply that by 3 and that's what Faora does to Superman. Or of Omni-Man's beat down of Invincible.

At first they're not as powerful but later on as she applies her fight training and adapts them to her powers, she gives Superman one of the worst beatings a hero has faced on camera... She "Doomsdays" him... literally pulverizing him with precision and lethal strength with hitting pressure-points, nerves and even just outclasses Supes in bare knuckle and gives Supes a severe beat down...he's total agony this entire time, bloody and broken and barely gets away. My buddy doesn't know at all how Superman defeats these guys eventually but he did say that Superman in this film gets hurt a lot more easily than Routh's pre-crisis Superman...the military can hurt him too but Faora pretty much nearly kills him in hand to hand."

That came from here.

In line with what I've heard that Superman barely scrapes by in the movie against Zod and Faora and other supposed less powerful enemies, the person who literally beats the bloody bad place out of him the most is not Zod (he actually apparently fares much better against the General) is Faora. You know the ash kicking Spider-Man receives from Green Goblin in spider-man 1 what with Tobey screaming in major pain with each punch and knee that Goblin gives him... multiply that by 3 and that's what Faora does to Superman. Or of Omni-Man's beat down of Invincible.

At first they're not as powerful but later on as she applies her fight training and adapts them to her powers, she gives Superman one of the worst beatings a hero has faced on camera... She "Doomsdays" him... literally pulverizing him with precision and lethal strength with hitting pressure-points, nerves and even just outclasses Supes in bare knuckle and gives Supes a severe beat down...he's total agony this entire time, bloody and broken and barely gets away. My buddy doesn't know at all how Superman defeats these guys eventually but he did say that Superman in this film gets hurt a lot more easily than Routh's pre-crisis Superman...the military can hurt him too but Faora pretty much nearly kills him in hand to hand...

Last edited:
They are done with the film shooting. I heard some scenes were shot with IMAX cameras. Also, ever hear of IMAX conversion?

To my knowledge they didn't shoot anything in IMAX. If I recall, they're not even doing a 3d release for it.

It's not something Nolan or Snyder, or for that matter any sensible filmmaker would do. Why convert 7 minutes into IMAX just to give it an air of exclusivity? If it's shot in IMAX it's a completely different matter.

To my knowledge they didn't shoot anything in IMAX. If I recall, they're not even doing a 3d release for it.

It's not something Nolan or Snyder, or for that matter any sensible filmmaker would do. Why convert 7 minutes into IMAX just to give it an air of exclusivity? If it's shot in IMAX it's a completely different matter.

Man of Steel is coming out in 3-D. It was shot in an "experimental" 3-D by Snyder and the 6-month delay was to convert the film to 3-D.

Man of Steel is coming out in 3-D. It was shot in an "experimental" 3-D by Snyder and the 6-month delay was to convert the film to 3-D.

That's not been confirmed has it?

No, it hasn't.

The date was likely moved to guve The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey a longer, uninterrupted, theatrical run.

Initally, it would've had less than a one month run before MOS came out. Now, it has more room to breath.

MOS will be converted into 3D.

There is no way that WB will not make it into 3D, though I expect some limited 2D versions to be released as well.

MOS will be converted into 3D.

There is no way that WB will not make it into 3D, though I expect some limited 2D versions to be released as well.

Yeah I think thats a given to be honest I just meant nothings confirmed but it adds so much more money to the box office. Luckily this will be a big release so my cinema will probably show 2D and 3D showings. I hate when they don't give you option.

I saw it on "the website that shall not be named" I didn't know it was fake.

To be honest I'm pretty sure its not fake
Yeah, but the guy that posted it didn't even believe it.

I'm starting to distrust my source more and more. He isn't even high level anyways and has been frequently wrong (making a big deal of Roland Emmerich being considered on the remake back in 2009 when his name has been thrown around by a only a few execs overall, using the Incredible Hulk remake to see how a remake would fair as the main strategy, again only suggested by some lousy WB execs). He pretty much hears about random ideas and scraps but too often to me makes a big deal out of it but take this latest one for what its worth which might sound big but really I doubt much of it is true at all:

In line with what I've heard that Superman barely scrapes by in the movie against Zod and Faora and other supposed less powerful enemies, the person who literally beats the bloody bad place out of him the most is not Zod (he actually apparently fares much better against the General) is Faora. You know the ash kicking Spider-Man receives from Green Goblin in spider-man 1 what with Tobey screaming in major pain with each punch and knee that Goblin gives him... multiply that by 3 and that's what Faora does to Superman. Or of Omni-Man's beat down of Invincible.

At first they're not as powerful but later on as she applies her fight training and adapts them to her powers, she gives Superman one of the worst beatings a hero has faced on camera... She "Doomsdays" him... literally pulverizing him with precision and lethal strength with hitting pressure-points, nerves and even just outclasses Supes in bare knuckle and gives Supes a severe beat down...he's total agony this entire time, bloody and broken and barely gets away. My buddy doesn't know at all how Superman defeats these guys eventually but he did say that Superman in this film gets hurt a lot more easily than Routh's pre-crisis Superman...the military can hurt him too but Faora pretty much nearly kills him in hand to hand...

I never said they would convert seven minutes into IMAX. They very well might be converting the whole film into IMAX 3D according to rumors. Nothing is confirmed, but it's really looking like they will at least go the 3D route. Or it's possible certain scenes (including the prologue) were shot with IMAX cameras (just like only certain scenes in The Dark Knight and Rises).

Did you guys hear the rumor from an insider called “FOBOF" that Snyder's Superman will have no relation to WB's Justice League project?

I want this idea to happen. Snyder's Superman should be by itself as much as Nolan's Batman was.

If Cavill's unconnected, I'm not that bothered. i wouldn't want the shared universe to appear in solo films at all. It's not necessary. But I'm not sure I want to concurrent franchises with different actors portraying the same character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"