All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is questioning the actors? :huh:

His people? 3 casting directors on MOS. 2 of them worked with Snyder before (1 on all his movies but one). None of them ever worked with Nolan.

:cwink:

"Originally Posted by >Batman4ever<"

59%

I've shared a couple more times today but no way near the extent of yesterday!

Really beginning to think that it's just going to unlock on the 4th regardless of how many people share it!

There's a new snippet of BTS from TDKR featuring the football-field blowout. Damn, I really hope for the same kind of realistic approach to the FX in MOS. It just looks very real and has the right amount of epicness while still being somewhat underplayed. There's a really fine line in getting the right reality in a super-fantastic movie like MOS without it being over-the-top which would just make it look like any other CBM and kill its impact.
I think one of those tricks might be less pyro-techs, no ****. Luckily Snyder knows this game and hopefully knows which buttons NOT to push and when.

There's a new snippet of BTS from TDKR featuring the football-field blowout. Damn, I really hope for the same kind of realistic approach to the FX in MOS. It just looks very real and has the right amount of epicness while still being somewhat underplayed. There's a really fine line in getting the right reality in a super-fantastic movie like MOS without it being over-the-top which would just make it look like any other CBM and kill its impact.
I think one of those tricks might be less pyro-techs, no ****. Luckily Snyder knows this game and hopefully knows which buttons NOT to push and when.

Yeah, i'm definitely hoping that whatever fight sequence Snyder has in stored between Superman and Zod/Faora/Co, that it doesn't come off too fake looking (ala Matrix Revolutions/Neo vs Countless Agent Smiths)

My one concern at the moment is how the final fight between Zod and Superman may look due to the fact that there hasn't been any set reports about seeing Shannon and Cavil doing a fight scene with each other within any real setting in Chicago, so I'm presuming that their fight was most likely done within a studio's set.

59%

I've shared a couple more times today but no way near the extent of yesterday!

Really beginning to think that it's just going to unlock on the 4th regardless of how many people share it!

I can only imagine the reaction if we people wake up to seeing it back at 28% again, by all accounts, we should have had that material locked by now (like I had originally predicted last night.lol)

At this point, my one concern is that a lot of people, well those who were really invested in this marketing thing and trying their best to get this to reach 100%, will be a bit disappointed if the final result is that we get something rather medicore after all of this wait and build up from this exclusive promotion thing.

Yeah, i'm definitely hoping that whatever fight sequence Snyder has in stored between Superman and Zod/Faora/Co, that it doesn't come off too fake looking (ala Matrix Revolutions/Neo vs Countless Agent Smiths)

My one concern at the moment is how the final fight between Zod and Superman may look due to the fact that there hasn't been any set reports about seeing Shannon and Cavil doing a fight scene with each other within any real setting in Chicago, so I'm presuming that their fight was most likely done within a studio's set.

I'm positive it wont. Not so much because FX have gotten so much better, but rather because I dont think they'd settle with something too CG'd if it looked it. Again, with their approach to the reality in the physics and so on.

Yeah, most likely any close-up stuff has been done inside closed doors where they'd have full controll over the shot. Dont know how to feel about that mostly because I dont know how it's done and what the possibilities / limitations are. But since Snyder is used to shooting inside studios I can only imagine they're on top of their game. But how that will look next to / in the middle of shots filmed in Chicago / Plano I dont know.

Snyder picked the cast.Hes the Director.Why dont people give Snyder his due:csad:

Oh he'll get it if the film fails.

Nolan has been known to cast well enough(mostly safe outside of a few). But it's Snyder who's been impressing myself personally with getting bold, right off the the souce material performances out of his actors consistently. From Leonidas to Roarsach, so many on the nose characters. I look forward to finally seeing a dude born to play the role, Nail the role.

Yeah if the film flops it's Snyder's fault...if the film is a success then it's all thanks to Nolan. To hell with that...if the film is a success it will be thanks to Zack Snyder! I'm BEYOND sick of Nolan fanboys!

^wait i thought nolan was the ghost director on this when snyder took a dump nolan teleported to vancouver

These Mattel MOS prototype figures were found on Ebay, courtesy of the People's Republic of China. :woot:

cavill+figure+front.jpg

cavill+back.jpg

Nolan did exactly what Kevin Fiege did, except the only difference is some of you can't comprehend it.

If the film flops, it'll be Nolan's fault. :dry:

Nah. Just kidding. :woot:

Not really. :dry:

I'm thinking the final backdrop for the film will essentially be the end of Birthright (full-on Kryptonian army invasion on Metropolis) but without the hokey Luthor elaborate set-up behind it all. I can't remember exactly but wasn't it all smoke and mirrors and Luthor faked the entire Kryptonian invasion somehow? (even typing that makes me go 'WHAT')

These Mattel MOS prototype figures were found on Ebay, courtesy of the People's Republic of China. :woot:

cavill+figure+front.jpg

cavill+back.jpg

Looks like the Superman Returns Superman figure.

It even has the same articulation.

Last edited:
Funny you should say one person when I have friends who are saying the same thing happened to them and plenty of other people are saying the same thing. It wasn't just me and if you think it was you're just as high and as crazy as the people that run that page. It's all well and fine to have fun but when you're spreading false information and telling people that other websites are making stuff up like they did with Nuke The Fridge then that's not ok amd fine. Keeping people from being *******s to one another is a good thing but kinda hypocritical when they are talking smack and calling other websites liars when they happen to have a scoop. Wake up dude

Don't come to me with that, it wasn't I who banned you. If you got screwed over, I believe you. But I don't think a fan community deserves to have the rug pulled from under them like that, and I feel that fans like me, who had and have no problem using both pages, shouldn't have to deal with crap like "the Facebook fanpage members are morons" whenever I come over.

I'm thinking the final backdrop for the film will essentially be the end of Birthright (full-on Kryptonian army invasion on Metropolis) but without the hokey Luthor elaborate set-up behind it all. I can't remember exactly but wasn't it all smoke and mirrors and Luthor faked the entire Kryptonian invasion somehow? (even typing that makes me go 'WHAT')

This guy would be here for that. :yay:

I dunno. A full-on invasion leaves little entrance for Brainiac in a sequel. But maybe they're planning a full-on global thing with him instead.

I dunno. A full-on invasion leaves little entrance for Brainiac in a sequel. But maybe they're planning a full-on global thing with him instead.

Jeez, Brainiac really needs to be a villain. I've always wanted to see how that would be handled in film. I'm here for Brainiac and Metallo as future villains ( aside from the obvious choice of Lex)

I'm putting my bets in on MOS2 being all Lex. With him psychologically breaking Supes down over battle for the heart of Metropolis. Similar to TDK Joker by making Supes make impossible judgement calls and murdering innocents.

MOS3 I can see Snyder doing Doomsday. Not the bland version from the comics. But some reimagined Kryptonian monster that can just break Supes. It's not necessarily what I would do (I'd much rather see the trilogy end with Superman transcending Earth and laboring in the sun ala All-Star).

"Jeez, Brainiac really needs to be a villain. I've always wanted to see how that would be handled in film. I'm here for Brainiac and Metallo as future villains ( aside from the obvious choice of Lex)"

I guess I could see that. MOS2 going for the epicness that is Brainiac invading all of earth, and MOS3 being a smaller intimate battle with Lex and his Metallo-creation. I still keep picturing Lex as Supes final villain. A mere human being close to bring the big blue down when cosmic foes havent been able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"