All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict where it's stuck at (63%) is the planned WB estimate for the rottentomatoes score for this film...

I predict where it's stuck at (63%) is the planned WB estimate for the rottentomatoes score for this film...
Superman Returns has a 76% on rotten o_O I would sure as hell hope the score would be higher than 63, at least a 70.

Didnt this thing drop like a dozen percentage points a couple days back and now its moving at a crawl?

Seems to show that whoever did this marketing promo didnt properly gauge how much fan interest there was in the movie and risked having the goal reached before they wanted.
What was reported was that there was so many people sharing that it caused the app to screw up. The percentage bounced around. And since they "fixed it" its been slow as hell.

I just hope it gets a good rating...I don't see how this movie can flop. Everything I've seen and heard has been awesome

I just hope it gets a good rating...I don't see how this movie can flop. Everything I've seen and heard has been awesome

I have no doubt in my mind this will be a great film, and probably will have very favorable/ positive reviews.
I'm just scared it won't do good $$$$ wise. I'm just hoping starting next year WARNER churns out all the promo. I'd be happy with 600 million ww. Having the film be featured in 3D ( while i'm not a fan of it) will be good $ wise.

A promo in front of the Hobbit will reach a lot of viewers. I have no doubt that will be the kickoff for the marketing right there.

A promo in front of the Hobbit will reach a lot of viewers. I have no doubt that will be the kickoff for the marketing right there.

Yes :) I hope they release the trailer online that day, or soon after.

At the rate its at now (1%/day) we'll have it in 37 days... So yeah...

The reason it seems like that to us is because the number was increasing at a good pace until it hit 57%. Then the number dropped to 27%. Then it went back up to 57% and has been increasing at a much, much slower rate than before. So no, I don't think the buzz is lukewarm, I think something else happened.

The fact that it's not at 100% a week later is "telling us" that the buzz is luke warm. What the buzz actually is...probably good, but WB is determined to, "make odd choices"

The fact that it's not at 100% a week later is "telling us" that the buzz is luke warm. What the buzz actually is...probably good, but WB is determined to, "make odd choices"
I don't really understand why you're ignoring what everyone is telling you. It's not difficult to understand.

This is annoying, basically i have no interest in sharing this anymore cuz i think its rigged. Then i start thinking,what if its not and everyone is just thinking the same thing as me :(

in other news. one of the young actors from mos tweeted about an xray sequence that will prove to be funny with young clark kent in school. it was deleted :doh:

This is annoying, basically i have no interest in sharing this anymore cuz i think its rigged. Then i start thinking,what if its not and everyone is just thinking the same thing as me :(

Whatever it is it's a dumb idea. They should've just had a sharable countdown clock or something. That way nobody ended up looking stupid.

in other news. one of the young actors from mos tweeted about an xray sequence that will prove to be funny with young clark kent in school. it was deleted :doh:

Really? When and where'd you see that? Sounds like Secret Origin.

How many shares do you think it should take to raise by 1%?

This is what makes it so hard. I mean, as an experiment (and because no one is following me on twitter so it's no skin off my nose) i'm attempting to share it a hundred times today (at about 25 right now :hehe:) Should that have some effect?

I mean, I'm pretty sure our shares are no longer even connected to how fast it's rising. But I just wanted to try it :funny:

EDIT: Okay, got to about 30 and now it just keeps saying error :(

All i have to say is that im really scared...ive never seen a good Superman movie in the theaters. I was born in 83 so the only SM movie ive seen was Superman Returns and that sucked. All I want is for MOS to show how Superman is a great character and worth being a fan of.

This is what makes it so hard. I mean, as an experiment (and because no one is following me on twitter so it's no skin off my nose) i'm attempting to share it a hundred times today (at about 25 right now :hehe:) Should that have some effect?

I mean, I'm pretty sure our shares are no longer even connected to how fast it's rising. But I just wanted to try it :funny:

I'm with you, I'll aim to share a fair few times today and see where it gets.

All i have to say is that im really scared...ive never seen a good Superman movie in the theaters. I was born in 83 so the only SM movie ive seen was Superman Returns and that sucked. All I want is for MOS to show how Superman is a great character and worth being a fan of.

Agreed; i'm especially worried on how they'll apply the term "modern" and "contemporary" when translating Superman's and even Lois's character onto MOS.

Geez, how on earth has this thread turned into such a whining gloom fest? Be gloomy if the trailer sucks or something but right now its to early for the doom and gloom. People are putting to much on this game.

Don't bother. I just shared it on FB 1,025 times. Still at 64%. :p

Agreed; i'm especially worried on how they'll apply the term "modern" and "contemporary" when translating Superman's and even Lois's character onto MOS.

I'm not really that worried about that aspect. If they're headed somewhat in the direction I'd be going myself, which it sounds like they are, then we should be safe, and that direction should be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"