All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
looked all across several sites this is only place being outright negative LOL

you people set your expectations so high as if the reveal was gonna be new trailer

So having a negative opinion immediately means that we are overly biased / spoiled / have "too high expectations" etc? So you can just throw our critiques out the window as being illegitimate? Should we only say nice things about promotional material in the future? :huh:

Okay... :dry:

So you don't think we're spoiled in this day and age? I certainly think we are the Internet has taken away so much admittedly it's also given so much but I remember when I was younger only finding out about Batman Forever from a leaflet at the cinema with what's coming next year.
I was only referring to poster/promotional art.

The impatience and demand for auxiliary material is a whole different topic and one that I've widely tackled here before. When it comes to that I definitely do think the internet age has become "spoiled" but that's not what you were referring to in your initial post.

It was about some not finding the new poster very good and those who have said that the quality of the picture itself is poor and that the photoshop was quick and careless have a point. That's not being spoiled but just pointing out the truth. If someone were demanding for a trailer and a new poster then I would agree that they're being spoiled but placing a critique on something that deserves it isn't.

My point being that posters of the past were made with far more care, talent and time. Posters for a lot of films are progressively getting worst and that's unfortunate.

dont get me wrong is it great no it is solid but i would of chosen that shot of superman standing in FOT door with his cape blowing in the wind if they took a comic con screen cap

The impatience and demand for auxiliary material is a whole different topic and one that I've widely tackled here before. When it comes to that I definitely do think the internet age has become "spoiled" but that's not what you were referring to in your initial post.

It was about some not finding the new poster very good and those who have said that the quality of the picture itself is poor and that the photoshop was quick and careless have a point. That's not being spoiled but just pointing out the truth. If someone were demanding for a trailer and a new poster then I would agree that they're being spoiled but placing a critique on something that deserves it isn't.

No I agree with that but sone are disappointed that we've only gotten a poster that to me shows how spoilt we have become.

So having a negative opinion immediately means that we are overly biased / spoiled / have "too high expectations" etc? So you can just throw our critiques out the window as being illegitimate? Should we only say nice things about promotional material in the future? :huh:

Okay... :dry:

wow how about you calm the down you literally put about 100 words in my mouth not once did i say you cant be negative or that your opinion doesn't matter but go ahead and make stuff up to back up your post

:huh:

prepare to be disappointed

images

The MOS theatrical poster will feature a photoshopped image of Brandon Routh.

My point being that posters of the past were made with far more care, talent and time. Posters for a lot of films are progressively getting worst and that's unfortunate.
I agree, not just posters but film as well are all becoming steamlined, and in the process are losing quality and creativity.

It's amazing. People coming out and saying they wanted a bright fun Superman film with bright colors and the suit to be more like the original. Now this film comes out and it's "We love the dark suit!", "We love the gritty take!"

I give up.

Me too. Basically, as long as Superman punches someone in the face and it seems "kewl and modern", people will eat it up.

what i do like is if this poster is in theatres it is gonna get lots of people's attention

Some of the disappointment may stem from that clever build up they put us through.

Alot of people saying the concept is good. I think it's a good story point but not for a poster. Imagine months and months of walking into a theater building and all you see is this very literal still from a movie. It's just odd. Superman in chains as a concept can be made into a very viable poster, soldiers, military...Something about this....
Can you all imagine if the soldiers had their guns armed and pointed at superman? It would be an even bigger example of the message they are sending here. Superman vs ...

Something about how matter of fact the setting it is, I'd personally prefer something more deliberate.
captain_america_the_first_avenger.jpg

It's still early yet. Even TDKR got it's act together. And TDK had awesome posters.

I do agree with the idea that it will get attention though.

Me too. Basically, as long as Superman punches someone in the face and it seems "kewl and modern", people will eat it up.

And maybe that's what this franchise needs, because it sure as hell doesn't need another As The World Turns episode/pseudo love letter to Donner.

wow how about you calm the down you literally put about 100 words in my mouth not once did i say you cant be negative or that your opinion doesn't matter but go ahead and make stuff up to back up your post

:huh:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. I'm just confused as to who exactly you are critiquing here.

I'm calm, but perplexed.

A person could photoshop Warner Bros. logo onto the helmets of the soldiers in the poster and it would still feel natural with the setting.lol

But in all seriousness; as others have said, love the concept, not so much on the execution.

I don't think some of us have such high expectations; it's just that you'd think that a professional film company/studio would release something that looks like it was worthy of someone being paid to do and not something that looks as though one of us could have made it; hell I've seen several forum users here with talents far better than the ones who were behind some of the TDKR posters, and they don't even get paid for it.

dont get me wrong is it great no it is solid but i would of chosen that shot of superman standing in FOT door with his cape blowing in the wind if they took a comic con screen cap

this......a 1000x this.......

Do not post bootlegged/pirated material. That will get you an infraction and up to a probationary ban.

I do hope that they post pictures or stills within the coming months of Clark Kent or Superman smiling within that given picture. I'm sure a lot of people are aware that Cavil possess a great deal of charisma and given that Superman is one of the few heroes who can actually smile in a natural sense, it'd be a good time to show it somewhere down the line.

I don't think Snyder is going for a short-film. :o

That's exactly what I'm saying. This poster concept makes it look like the whole army/prison thing is going to be much more significant than I think it should be. I would've rather seen a poster that reflects the theme or tone of the movie more than a single plot point.

Even though the motive is dramatic, there is no drama in the picture itself whatsoever.

And maybe that's what this franchise needs, because it sure as hell doesn't need another As The World Turns episode/pseudo love letter to Donner.

Honestly, i'm not as concerned with action scenes and trying to conform to current storytelling trends as much as I'm concerned with the movie being good regardless of whether or not they do action scenes and conform to current storytelling trends.

A Superman movie could have no hand to hand action whatsoever and still be a great movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"