• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So technically these are our first set pics?

Pretty rad. :up:

Well at least Snyder is staying true to his approach on trying to film this as realistically can via filming on location instead of shooting solely inside of a studio.

Someone said a while ago that they were building the Fortress of Solitude in his backyard or something, anyone have an update on how that is coming along? Any pics?

True, but the chances of him being able to say anything different from the answers that he's been given are still somewhat slim due to the secrecy of this film.

Ha! Imagine how the whole Immortals panel will be INVADED by Superman fans. I wonder how many questions asked will actually concern Immortals.

Ha! Imagine how the whole Immortals panel will be INVADED by Superman fans. I wonder how many questions asked will actually concern Immortals.

Is any more of Cavill's co stars from Immortals showing up with him at Comic con as well? I can't imagine on what it'll be like for them to having to sit down and say nothing while Cavill is bombarded with Superman related questions.

Fan: So Henry, can you describe the new Superman costume to us?

Cavill: I'm sorry, but I can't really talk about Man of Steel right now. But if you'd like to know about Immortals...

Fan: Yeah, okay that's cool, but can you at least tell us if they've finished casting the new Superman movie?

Cavill: Like I said, I can't talk about it. I'm sorry, I really hate to dodge your questions, but there's a gag order on all of us. However, if you have any questions about Immortals, I'd be happy to answer them.

Fan: Hmmm... okay, got one! Can you describe how your role in Immortals helped prepare you to play Superman?

Cavill: :facepalm:

so something is gonna happen in downtown smallville huh.

It's been done in the last two Reeve movies essentially, but I'd still like to see Superman stop a tornado, and it's bound to look better. He won't be doing something nonsensical like turning it upside down and the effects will look better than an animated blue streak going around it.

With these sets being completed and several casting calls for extras being made, I can't help but think WB wants to start production a little bit early.

That's why I asked if Amy or Henry were in Chicago now, because it seems it'll start shooting in two to three more weeks.

It's been done in the last two Reeve movies essentially, but I'd still like to see Superman stop a tornado, and it's bound to look better. He won't be doing something nonsensical like turning it upside down and the effects will look better than an animated blue streak going around it.
I don't know if it would even be possible for him to stop one, but i'd like to see him trying to save several folks at once from one tho.
For instance, the one that hit Joplin Missouri was a mile wide and had winds of over 210 mph.
I dont think even a superman could stop that. All he could do would be to get folks out of harms way and save the ones who are caught in it.

When I see those images of the buildings that look like a tornado went through the town; it makes me think of Superman For All Seasons, doesn't it? Maybe an influence for this film along with, what seems to be from the "plot", Birthright? It wouldn't surprise me if a Loeb/Sale story is one of the influences for this film, as Loeb/Sale's Long Halloween was for the first two Batman films.

With these sets being completed and several casting calls for extras being made, I can't help but think WB wants to start production a little bit early.

That's why I asked if Amy or Henry were in Chicago now, because it seems it'll start shooting in two to three more weeks.

Not sure if they are actually 100% finished as the paint looks a little too pristine. Looks like they still need to age and tone the sets, but that shouldn't take too long.

When I see those images of the buildings that look like a tornado went through the town; it makes me think of Superman For All Seasons, doesn't it? Maybe an influence for this film along with, what seems to be from the "plot", Birthright? It wouldn't surprise me if a Loeb/Sale story is one of the influences for this film, as Loeb/Sale's Long Halloween was for the first two Batman films.

I was just working on an article and just pointing that out. Good get. I think its possible that it could be a tornado tearing into Smallville...

...either that or Zod's leftovers after arriving on Planet Houston.

Maybe from the meteor shower that brought in baby Kal.

I was think about Superman For All Seasons when I brought up Tornados.

...when an infant Clark Kent arrives on earth? What implications will it have on the plot or should they stay away from this?

Hope is Tornado and not a meteor shower. The Tornado part was the best thing about For all seasons. Its a perfect scene for him to discover his powers.

As long as it doesn't, in any way, affect humans and make them become, so-called, "meteor freaks," but yeah I think it would be more realistic if the day Krypton explodes, there should be a meteor shower. I mean how do you explain all the kryptonite? It just falls without any smoke?

No. I think it would be great if they find baby Kal-el during a snow storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"