All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so, too. It's VERY close to Earth One (Which Goyer has a blurb on). But instead of escaping the beam, as you say, he'll probably struggle to his feet, assume the flight position and fly straight up as an extra 'prove how tough I am, screw you Zod' type of moment.

And it will be awesome. :D

It definitely will be :woot:

Right from the jump, you're using aliens which is already different than The Avengers, so it's got to have a more....sci-fi element, maybe? Something that could have its "grounded" ideas such as costumes and what not, like the MOS suit, for example, but they need to still go for the gusto because they have aliens. The most troubling thing with a JL universe is Batman. A human amongst a group of aliens, an Amazon queen, a guy that can travel faster than anything, a guy who is part of an alien corps, an Atlantean king...it's all just out there from different spectres which is very, very, very different from Avengers.

But I feel that's the only reason why WB is trying to do this; because of The Avengers. And that's a very, very bad thing.

I think Batman will be fine. Even Nolan's Batman had Sci Fi gadgets which like Tony Stark and a physical skill set like Black Widow.

Superman and Green Lantern worlds are science fiction heavy as it is but the fantasy elements of Wonder Woman and Aquaman would be harder to mix with the JL world. They made Thor and the Asgardians in the MCU aliens or from another dimension so that they with the general science fiction tone of that world.

I think JL is a huge risk that would harm MOS.

It would take away everything Snyder has established in MOS. This very 'real' feeling world. Just by having GL and Cyborg and Aquaman you end up with a world too far removed from what MOS portrays.

That and introducing at least half a dozen new characters in a very finite amount of time. Rushing through their origins etc. not to mention finding the right cast. The amount of time and money WB would have to invest. I hope they see MOS2 as a more viable option.

I think JL is a huge risk that would harm MOS.

It would take away everything Snyder has established in MOS. This very 'real' feeling world. Just by having GL and Cyborg and Aquaman you end up with a world too far removed from what MOS portrays.

That and introducing at least half a dozen new characters in a very finite amount of time. Rushing through their origins etc. not to mention finding the right cast. The amount of time and money WB would have to invest. I hope they see MOS2 as a more viable option.

Common sense agrees with you. WB rarely agrees with common sense.

But here's hoping. Here's hoping.

If MOS is a major hit I really think they'll go with MOS 2

They should do MOS2 and then a World's Finest type movie before JL. Whatever they do, WB shouldn't waste time, money, resources rebooting Batman to fit with a Nolanized Superman when they already have their Nolanized Batman.

I think they could do any of those guys, Cyborg, Aquaman... just have to get creative. Green Arrow would be easiest. They should get on that before a solo Hawkeye movie gets planned.

But I think I'd rather see MOS2 before anything else. Assuming MOS is great.

I think Batman will be fine. Even Nolan's Batman had Sci Fi gadgets which like Tony Stark and a physical skill set like Black Widow.

Superman and Green Lantern worlds are science fiction heavy as it is but the fantasy elements of Wonder Woman and Aquaman would be harder to mix with the JL world. They made Thor and the Asgardians in the MCU aliens or from another dimension so that they with the general science fiction tone of that world.

Nolan's Batman probably wasn't a match for what we've seen of Marvel's black widow, which is a shame considering Clint Barton probably was. And Bat's personal set of gadgets probably isn't anywhere near the lovely sci fi BS Starks are in Nolans world.

Hopefully the reboot see's Batman upgraded to more amazing levels then perhaps he can hang.
Pretty sure Jason Bourne could and would wipe the floor with Bruce all elbows Wayne.

If MOS is a major hit I really think they'll go with MOS 2

WB will announce this along with what will come the following year after that a week after MoS' release.

Kinda how Marvel didn't dare announce Guardians before Avengers..that would have been interesting if they did.

WB will announce this along with what will come the following year after that a week after MoS' release.

Kinda how Marvel didn't dare announce Guardians before Avengers..that would have been interesting if they did.

Yeah hopefully, I just hope MOS is a major hit

I think a World's Finest could have worked with Bale and Cavill had TDKR not come out. The 8 year nonsense and Bruce's frailties basically have ended any chance of it working. But had MOS come after TDK and then WB followed it with a WF, I think it could have worked.

It could still work as I've spammed the Justice League threads with my reasons for it. They basically set this Superman up for the same world as Batman. There's so much story potential at the end of TDKR. A lot of people even said the third movie felt more comic-booky than the first two. Scenario: Superman finds Bruce living out in the middle of nowhere, flies down to him and goes "The world is too small for someone like Bruce Wayne to disappear"

I think a World's Finest could have worked with Bale and Cavill had TDKR not come out. The 8 year nonsense and Bruce's frailties basically have ended any chance of it working. But had MOS come after TDK and then WB followed it with a WF, I think it could have worked.

Yeah definitely Italy, I liked Rises a lot but it still let me down and the 8 year gap is one if the aspects that I hated. I just wish they'd have followed straight on from TDK.

I want a Man of Steel trilogy, then Word's Finest and finally Justice League.

I really hope a potential JL film doesnt have an alien invasion.
Gets tiring after awhile .

I really hope a poptential JL film doesnt have an alien invasion.
Gets tiring after awhile .

That's why I think JL needs to go cosmic, take the threat away from Earth

I want a Man of Steel trilogy, then Word's Finest and finally Justice League.

I'd even take two MOS films then WFs but if they are hellbent on going the Marvel route then there's no reason we can't get what you've just said, maybe not in that order but still.

I have a photo of Cavill as Superman as the wallpaper on my phone. My friend came up behind me and saw it. He said he liked the costume, but he asked me about the "gold circle on his crotch." :funny:

I have a photo of Cavill as Superman as the wallpaper on my phone. My friend came up behind me and saw it. He said he liked the costume, but he asked me about the "gold circle on his crotch." :funny:

Tell him it's a button for when he needs to pee :oldrazz:

It happened yesterday. I told him it was a belt buckle and he seemed to think it made sense. :woot:

It happened yesterday. I told him it was a belt buckle and he seemed to think it made sense. :woot:

:woot:

Do you think that's gonna be a button for his cape or something? It just seems to randomly be there. I suppose it could link onto the armour.

So, there is no belt?

Haven't you seen the costume in full?

q6PpmUt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija