All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
q6PpmUt.jpg

l love this costume it's such a great costume.

Yeah, I think its the best live action superhero costume.

100% percent Agreed.

it just looks Majestic! :word:

Absoluely agree with all. It's gorgeous! I still can't believe this is actually real. (Not just the suit... but the whole thing!)

I really don't want them to change it if there's a sequal. If anything I would like a more saturated blue and red.

Last edited:
So did Shannon get in Cavill type shape or just borrow his mold for his Zod costume? :p

No, he didn't get in Cavill type shape and no, he didn't just borrow mold. He did however got into a decent shape.

I like how he talks about karate chops. Maybe that means we'll be seeing a few traditional fight scenes?

I never had an attachment to the trunks (wow that sounds weird) so for me this is the definitive live action version of the costume.

I like how he talks about karate chops. Maybe that means we'll be seeing a few traditional fight scenes?

I believe so. We know there's gonna be a fight between Zod and Jor-El at some point, we know Shannon and Crowe trained for it for a while, and I doubt there'll be any superpowers involved. So yes, most likely a traditional fight scene.

Get your grains of salt ready, as the guys over at Cine 1 have released a supposedly "new" banner for the film. Yeah, I'm pretty certain this is fake.

WUGDdnEl.jpg

Man_Of_Steel_Banner_Horizontal_Cine_1.jpg

Fake or not, it's not bad honestly. :D

In the UK you can book tickets from tomorrow for the Odeon in London for the release date. Not sure if there's any advance screenings or not.

Ok in this thread we try and guess the method in which they have people not being able to tell Clark and Superman are the same people. Remember the script is Nolan approved so something like that most have been addressed. And we know this from the comic con footage. So guys drop your theories in here on how you think they have done it.

The "printed in USA" label at the bottom left and right corners give it some possible legitimacy... But after seeing an updated version of that image in EW, I don't know why WB would release the old version that leaked online... so yeah probably fake.

Dont get why my thread was moved here, half the time I ask a question I am ignored and have to ask it multiple times before I even get one response.

so Man of Steel possible last trailer - 16.4 million after almost 5 days
Iron Man 3 last trailer - 13 million after one month

doesn't mean anything, but it is interesting to look at Man of Steel having that much more since IM3 first trailer was 50 million compared to 30 for Man of Steel.

Dont get why my thread was moved here, half the time I ask a question I am ignored and have to ask it multiple times before I even get one response.

You shouldn't take it personal. I mean, everything can fit into most categories here. Cavill, photo, open discussion, manips, etc... If it falls into any of those categories they will merge or close thread.

I never had an attachment to the trunks (wow that sounds weird) so for me this is the definitive live action version of the costume.
Same.

And I'm not anti trunks, I'm one of the few who doesn't think the Superman Returns costume looked "OMG awful!" It wasn't perfect but I thought it looked fine. I just thought for the reboot it was time for a drastic costume change and since the trunks never looked amazing in live action to me, I thought the costume would look better, more badass without them.

And IMHO I finally have proof that the costume looks more serious in live action without them.

I'm A-okay with the trunks staying on the character in the comics and cartoons though.

I've only read the death of Superman and Red Son out of that list. I've also read Superman for All Seasons and Birthright.

I like comicbook movies but I'm not a big comicbook reader at all. The last thing I read was some Green Lantern run a few years ago that someone on the now defunct GL boards recommended.

Last edited:
:woot:

Do you think that's gonna be a button for his cape or something? It just seems to randomly be there. I suppose it could link onto the armour.

I don't think Superman will find it useful, but I bet it had some kind of function on Krypton.

i love the trailer, but wish they would have got his hair right for once on film! :mad: also he looks a bit too pale, the color of the costume looks better bright too.
th

Someone had mentioned his hair is reminiscent of George Reeves. Don't know if that was the intention.

I'm guessing they couldn't come up with plausible way for his hair to automatically land properly into an S curl in the front.

Ok in this thread we try and guess the method in which they have people not being able to tell Clark and Superman are the same people. Remember the script is Nolan approved so something like that most have been addressed. And we know this from the comic con footage. So guys drop your theories in here on how you think they have done it.

I don't think they'll address the dual identity. Mild-mannered Clark Kent may not even show up until the end. I also think the last shot we'll see is the first shirt rip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"