All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its crazy its been two years, it's like the last two Christmasses have come and gone

good, hope it's similar to the Avengers, which he just watched last week.

I don't think it will be dark...but I'm betting it will be far "heavier" than something like the Avengers which is chock full of gags and colour. I don't know...it's really up to your discretion.

I'm really annoyed that we're not getting any advance screenings in the UK, yes the premiere but you can't just get tickets for it

This entire process has seemed very long. I remember diving into this the moment they announced a reboot was in order. I remember reading the ongoing articles that even a Superman Returns sequel was in order and Singer has signed on to do another film and feeling the discomfort in that followed by a rejoice that a reboot was in order and Singer wouldn't return.

Then heated up the hiring of the director process, then Nolan over-seeing the project and the very fun casting debates to the very first official image of Henry Cavill as Superman.

Long, but so, so, so much fun! Wouldn't have it any other way. I'll be taking these last 30+ days in and enjoy the moment.

It has been a heck of a ride. Hard to endure at times, but fun nonetheless. I can't wait to share the experience with you guys on opening night!

This entire process has seemed very long. I remember diving into this the moment they announced a reboot was in order. I remember reading the ongoing articles that even a Superman Returns sequel was in order and Singer has signed on to do another film and feeling the discomfort in that followed by a rejoice that a reboot was in order and Singer wouldn't return.

Then heated up the hiring of the director process, then Nolan over-seeing the project and the very fun casting debates to the very first official image of Henry Cavill as Superman.

Long, but so, so, so much fun! Wouldn't have it any other way. I'll be taking these last 30+ days in and enjoy the moment.

I remember saying now we have an actor who definitely wants to play Supes unlike Tom Welling who was only in it for the paycheck he hardly ever went to the ComicCons.

good, hope it's similar to the Avengers, which he just watched last week.

I wouldnt compare the tone to the Avengers, I guess you can compare it to Spiderman 2 or think of it as a lighter Batman Begins.

It has been a heck of a ride. Hard to endure at times, but fun nonetheless. I can't wait to share the experience with you guys on opening night!

I remember feeling that same way leading up to TDK and that increased when Heath passed back in Jan 08 and knowing he wouldn't be around to see the film.

Does anyone know how much the WALMART MOS tickets will cost ?
I've read that it's going to be pretty much the standard price charged by theaters in your area. I guess we'll find out for sure next week.

thinking about taking my 6 and a half year old to see this movie. He really wants to go. hate to turn him down, just hope its not anywhere near as dark and dreary as TDK/TDKR. I remember watching Superman:TM when I was 6 or 7 (in 1991) and would be awesome if he got too as well on Fathers Day. (His present to me he says)

awwwww
Take him, it's time for the new generation to know who the king of superheroes is!

TDK is a blast to watch with kids. I do not know what Notrip is talking about.

I was just thinking about how awesome MOS is gonna look on the big screen (SFX wise) considering how much extra time they've had for post production and I realized, if MOS is really big...really successful ...both commercially and critically (kinda like the first iron man was)... do you guys think WB is gonna push the sequel, resulting in a much less quality movie? (like iron man 2)... I mean, if this movie is as big as we all hope it is, there's no way the sequel will get as much development and post production time as this one...

It's funny, but before seeing SR I pretty much knew about 95% of the plot and what the action would be.
With MoS it's maybe, ( besides the obvious) 10/15%.
Kudos Snyder and Nolan, kudos.

I was just thinking about how awesome MOS is gonna look on the big screen (SFX wise) considering how much extra time they've had for post production and I realized, if MOS is really big...really successful ...both commercially and critically (kinda like the first iron man was)... do you guys think WB is gonna push the sequel, resulting in a much less quality movie? (like iron man 2)... I mean, if this movie is as big as we all hope it is, there's no way the sequel will get as much development and post production time as this one...

I am anticipating MOS more than TDKR.

It's funny, but before seeing SR I pretty much knew about 95% of the plot and what the action would be.
With MoS it's maybe, ( besides the obvious) 10/15%.
Kudos Snyder and Nolan, kudos.

It's a superman origin story...you know a lot more than 15%.

That is actually my biggest worry. After IM1 and TIH, all the other Marvel movies became just Avengers promos. I hope the same thing doesn't happen here.

That is actually my biggest worry. After IM1 and TIH, all the other Marvel movies became just Avengers promos. I hope the same thing doesn't happen here.

Yeah, but I was not even considering the Justice League movie....just a rushed MOS sequel that has nowhere near the post production time MOS had...sfx wise, we could get a much lesser film...wich would suck

It's a superman origin story...you know a lot more than 15%.
Thats why I said other than the obvious...
we think we know some things about the plot, but its mostly guesses.

Yeah, but I was not even considering the Justice League movie....just a rushed MOS sequel that has nowhere near the post production time MOS had...sfx wise, we could get a much lesser film...wich would suck

I fear that all the other DC movies will be lesser films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"