All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder Woman you can introduce in a JL film. That is pretty much the smart plan. Us Batman and Superman to introduce Wally/Barry, Diana, Hal, J'onn and Arthur.

These aren't real "plans". Plans are 7 year/5 film lead up to the Avengers.
Exactly. And it's everything wrong with WB if they honestly think they can spearhead production of JL before laying any kind of groundwork. MOS sequels would only suffer from this.

Exactly. And it's everything wrong with WB if they honestly think they can spearhead production of JL before laying any kind of groundwork. MOS sequels would only suffer from this.
No, I actually think they should consider that. Doing it the opposite way. But I would say you would need a World's Finest film first. Either bring back Bale or get a new Bruce.

Then you introduce the rest of the crew in JL. Then you let them branch off. We don't need a whole bunch of origin films.

punchj.gif
punch75.gif
punch50.gif

lazerz.gif
lazer75.gif
lazer50.gif

They just need to do a Worlds Finest film. Then set up all the heroes in JL, then do spin-off solo films.

Wonder Woman could make money if they just had a lower budget and slapped the names of the people involved. And yes, I would want Goyer and Jonah Nolan back, though I'm more concerned about Chris in this case. A WF film would make billions, and usher in a shared universe. Case closed.

Wonder what the sound effect is for the "heat vision."

World's Finest with Bale and Cavill would be amazing, had TDKR never came out...

Yeah, you can't bring back Bale. That would undermine the entire arc of the DK trilogy. Start with a new Bats. Its not like Bale would hang around for 6 more films in a shared universe anyways.

I think people need to realize Bale is probably not coming back. :o

I think Wonder Woman deserves a solo origin film before being in a JL movie.

If they used the new Wonder Woman comics as a template, a solo origin Wonder Woman film could kick ass. In fact, it could be legitimately great. Just cast Alexandra Daddario.

But would it make a lot of money? I don't know.

I think people need to realize Bale is probably not coming back. :o
He probably isn't. But until they actually cast a new Batman, I think the possibility lives on, especially if Nolan sticks around.

I would prefer a World's Finest before a JLA film. My biggest fear is filmmakers find an incorrect actor as the new Bruce.

:funny:

Goyer has written what he has written. Even his best scripts have been elevated by the director. Dark City, Batman Begins, and Blade 2. He wrote and directed Blade Trinity and The Unborn. There is no way around that.

Not talking about his direction, obviously.

As for directors elevating his scripts...well that's awfully convenient to your point now isn't. Lastly, Begins was better on paper, for me anyways.
As much as I passionately hate Blade 3, that wasn't all his fault, which again speaks to my point about how hollywood skews things.

Like I said, a writer is not only as good as their body of work, they are as good as they are good. Abrams is a good example of this. At the end of the day Goyer is capable of something like this(hypothetically it's a good film). That puts him on my good list.

Not talking about his direction, obviously.

As for directors elevating his scripts...well that's awfully convenient to your point now isn't. Lastly, Begins was better on paper, for me anyways.
As much as I passionately hate Blade 3, that wasn't all his fault, which again speaks to my point about how hollywood skews things.

Like I said, a writer is not only as good as their body of work, they are as good as they are good. Abrams is a good example of this. At the end of the day Goyer is capable of something like this(hypothetically it's a good film). That puts him on my good list.
Anyone is capable of writing something good. Consistent great quality is something completely different. That is where there is Scorsese, Lean, Spielberg, etc. and those that are not them. Ratner directed Money Talks and Rush Hour. Does that make him good?

And it is lest convenient when you realize how well those directors have done outside of Goyer. Who couldn't even make his own material look good.

punchj.gif

Cavill's posing and recoil after the impact have me even more eager to see how snyder directs every shot of acting in this. The man is allergic to lame visuals weather they be composition, posing or motion.

I would prefer a World's Finest before a JLA film. My biggest fear is filmmakers find an incorrect actor as the new Bruce.
That is why many still cling to Bale's slim chance of a return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"