All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
punchj.gif

Cavill's posing and recoil after the impact have me even more eager to see how snyder directs every shot of acting in this. The man is allergic to lame visuals weather they be composition, posing or motion.
What is weird, is how different a lot of the action looks. I am very curious to see how it all meshes together.

Are ye using the direct link or downloading and then uploading the file for your avatars? If you're using the former, that may be the problem. If it isn't.. Well ****, sorry about that. :csad:

Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I would prefer a World's Finest before a JLA film. My biggest fear is filmmakers find an incorrect actor as the new Bruce.

That is why many still cling to Bale's slim chance of a return.

I'm actually hopeful, ironically. I think Snyder had a heck of an actor play Rorschach, and feel like this director is the ultimate Batman fanboy (his favorite GN is Dark Knight Returns). Combine the fanboyism of Batman with the experience directing Superman, and he'd make an awesome WF movie, if the writers are good. I like Bale, but I think there's someone out there on Conroy's level..maybe. ;)

Are ye using the direct link or downloading and then uploading the file for your avatars? If you're using the former, that may be the problem. If it isn't.. Well ****, sorry about that. :csad:

I just right clicked and saved...it saved as 112kb. No biggie, just needs to be dropped down a few

I just right click and "Save As". Then went to the User CP and navigated to where I saved the file and uploaded it. I've never had that problem before.

It would be epicly awesome *to put it in Snyder's terms ;) * if Bale returned, i just don't see it happening.

I'm actually hopeful, ironically. I think Snyder had a heck of an actor play Rorschach, and feel like this director is the ultimate Batman fanboy (his favorite GN is Dark Knight Returns). Combine the fanboyism of Batman with the experience directing Superman, and he'd make an awesome WF movie, if the writers are good.
And that worries me. The comic, while good, gets Batman or Bruce so wrong.

I just right click and "Save As". Then went to the User CP and navigated to where I saved the file and uploaded it. I've never had that problem before.

same here....except I've had the problem when people don't know what the max kb is and make them larger than they are allowed to be

Agreed. Never was a fan of how Frank Miller wrote Batman or almost any other mainstream superheroes(besides Wolverine). I prefer his more original stuff like Sin City.

I think it gets Superman far more wrong.
I don't even like to discuss that. I get it, the comic was fun, edgy and it got people really into Batman. But it probably did more harm then good to the characters of Bruce and Clark.

So it's working? I can't tell since I'm on my phone. If so, it was probably Imageshack causing the problem.

It's Elseworlds Bruce. Batman at his most extreme, arguably.

I don't think it should be thought of as "standard Batman", but is a very important comic in GN history, and also to fans. However, it gets Superman even MORE wrong. I'm hoping that the opposition in TDKR doesn't influence WF :/

Agreed. Never was a fan of how Frank Miller wrote Batman or almost any other mainstream superheroes(besides Wolverine). I prefer his more original stuff like Sin City.
Miller writes all characters, including Superman, like they are from Sin City.

Anyone is capable of writing something good. Consistent great quality is something completely different. That is where there is Scorsese, Lean, Spielberg, etc. and those that are not them. Ratner directed Money Talks and Rush Hour. Does that make him good?

And it is lest convenient when you realize how well those directors have done outside of Goyer. Who couldn't even make his own material look good.

The man isn't a good director, I suppose that proves some odd tangent of a point:csad:

I'm not sure what point is proven with Rush Hour and Money talks, the man has a pretty consistent streak with buddy comedy films. He doesn't do much else all that well.

How's about. Ridley Scot. Pretty spotty record at best. However he's judged by many by what he's capable of at it's best.

Goyer took blade from a yellow jump suit goggle wearing afro sporting brother who's arch enemy was literally a deacon named frost as far as I can recall. He took that and not only unofficially re-kick started the sub genre. This is the part where you say Norrington is a kick ass director(which I would agree), but I would then point you to the Blade script and you would hopefully see that much of that was on the page and straight form the mind of the writer.
I see superman stuck in a similar situation where the character is simply out of date and in need of a contemporary re imagining ala Batman.
How's about the guy who not only as done it twice now, but the guy who perhaps did it better than any one ever has.

Goyer literally put blade in the leather and shades and tattoos and designed those gnarly weapons on the page, all stuff usually attributed to direction.

You're point is not lost on me. I think M. Night is a bum, in spite of his one and a half success stories. I just think Goyer's talent is over looked in favor of his misses, much like Snyder. Much like Del Toro for that matter.

Last edited:
That image of heat vision makes me want to see all the versions of it at once so I can compare. Sometimes they portray it as lasers other times as actually heat that can start fires. Has anyone ever done a heat vision hitting heat vision, like in the cartoons or animate films?

Goyer didnt redesign Blade...thats the director's job.

That image of heat vision makes me want to see all the versions of it at once so I can compare. Sometimes they portray it as lasers other times as actually heat that can start fires. Has anyone ever done a heat vision hitting heat vision, like in the cartoons or animate films?

^They probably will. It would probably refract and bend, each beams trying to push against each other. This would probably wear them out so much by using their optical muscles extensively, that they most likely just go man-to-man with their arms and fists with Clark trying to grab Zod's face so that he can't focus his vision.

Almost every action clip feels like from a dream. :)

Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I would prefer a World's Finest before a JLA film. My biggest fear is filmmakers find an incorrect actor as the new Bruce.

I'm actually hopeful, ironically. I think Snyder had a heck of an actor play Rorschach, and feel like this director is the ultimate Batman fanboy (his favorite GN is Dark Knight Returns). Combine the fanboyism of Batman with the experience directing Superman, and he'd make an awesome WF movie, if the writers are good. I like Bale, but I think there's someone out there on Conroy's level..maybe. ;)

The real magic happens when you see who Jackie Hayley is in interview. Took me a while to get over that.

the Superman: Doomsday animated film had a Good Superman vs Bad Superman Clone heat vision battle, I think.

The man isn't a good director, I suppose that proves some odd tangent of a point:csad:

I'm not sure what point is proven with Rush Hour and Money talks, the man has a pretty consistent streak with buddy comedy films. He doesn't do much else all that well.

How's about. Ridley Scot. Pretty spotty record at best. However he's judged by many by what he's capable of at it's best.

Goyer took blade from a yellow jump suit goggle wearing afro sporting brother who's arch enemy was literally a deacon named frost as far as I can recall. He took that and not only unofficially re-kick started the sub genre. This is the part where you say Norrington is a kick ass director(which I would agree), but I would then point you to the Blade script and you would hopefully see that much of that was on the page and straight form the mind of the writer.
I see superman stuck in a similar situation where the character is simply out of date and in need of a contemporary re imagining ala Batman.
How's about the guy who not only as done it twice now, but the guy who perhaps did it better than any one ever has.

Goyer literally put blade in the leather and shades and tattoos and designed those gnarly weapons on the page, all stuff usually attributed to direction.

You're point is not lost on me. I think M. Night is a bum, in spite of his one and a half success stories. I just think Goyer's talent is over looked in favor of his misses, much like Snyder. Much like Del Toro for that matter.
I agree.

So it's working? I can't tell since I'm on my phone. If so, it was probably Imageshack causing the problem.

I think Connor's using the 75 x 75 one which appears to work. I guess it's just the 100 x 100 ones that are a hair over the kb limit. No worries. :up:

Ratner can't even do buddy comedy anymore.

Scott had an incredible few peak years and has had some standout films since. But Scott has always been a perfect example of "only as good as the script". Blade Runner is one of my absolute favorite films. His visuals and directing have not been able to transcend a shotty script.

Goyer took blade from a yellow jump suit goggle wearing afro sporting brother who arch enemy was literally a deacon. He took that and not only unofficially kick started the sub genre. This is the part where you say Norrington is a kick as director(which I would agree), but I would then point you to the Blade script and you would hopefully see how much of that was on the page and straight form the mind of the writer.

Goyer literally put him in the leather and shades and tattoos and designed those gnarly weapons on the page.

I am not actually a big fan of the first Blade film. I watched it a bit when I was younger, but I had to get dragged to Blade 2. That is when I fell in love with Del Toro.

Goyer is a strong idea guy, not unlike Lucas. But his execution is underwhelming at best. He can write the basis of a strong character, but he has trouble actually delivering that on paper, in a strong structured story.

It is fine to write a great character, but if his story is delivered in a weak script, it undermines everything. It is not unlike a video game. Nicely designed character does not equal strong story.

And with Snyder. How many "hits" has he had? I like 300, but that is it. MoS would be #2 and if he nailed it, then I am eternally grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"