All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Amy Adams will be on both Jimmy Kimmel and Ellen DeGeneres June 4th. She'll be on Chelsea Lately June 6th.

I wonder if we'll get some sequences in MoS similar to those gnarly fights in Spiderman 2.

ZAFERrO.jpg

$102 million BO on a $28 million budget. I'd call that a hit.

Dawn of The Dead is a movie a good amount of people forget. It's *imo* one of the better remakes that Hollywood has made. It's a great film :o

I think Snyder has been bashed so much at this point that he is underrated. He has his faults but visually he is near the top. I think having Goyer and Nolan over seeing the project is a good idea because of those faults though. I'm happy with the arrangement.

I don't care what anyone says I think Watchmen was great and I prefer it over the comic which was bogged in that boring ass Pirate story. Overall I prefer movies to comics so that helps as well. And I'm not just jumping on some bandwagon either, I think Dawn of the Dead and Watchmen are legitimately good films that are very well cast and feature good performances. Also I still didn't even dislike SuckerPunch so yeah I like Snyder as a director, sue me.

Dawn Dead: Worldwide: $102,356,381 from a 30 million budget

300: $210,614,939 from a 60 million budget

Watchmen,Owls, and Sucker Punch were all flops at the time of release.

I think Snyder has been bashed so much at this point that he is underrated. He has his faults but visually he is near the top. I think having Goyer and Nolan over seeing the project is a good idea because of those faults though. I happy with the arrangement.

I don't care what anyone says I think Watchmen was great and I prefer it over the comic which was bogged in that boring ass Pirate story.
Overall I prefer movies to comics so that helps as well. And I'm not just jumping on some bandwagon either, I think Dawn of the Dead and Watchmen are legitimately good films that are very well cast and feature good performances. Also I still didn't even dislike SuckerPunch so yeah I like Snyder as a director, sue me.
:funny:

You do realize that Snyder's "full version" of the film has that comic right? I just can't respond to the idea that the film is better then comic.

Snyder is what he is. You can love, hate, or anywhere in between on him. I just think it is funny that in people's support of this film, he has become the all time greatest visual filmmaker there has ever, ever been .

You do realize that Snyder's "full version" of the film has that comic right? I just can't respond to the idea that the film is better then comic.

Snyder is what he is. You can love, hate, or anywhere in between on him. I just think it is funny that in people's support of this film, he has become the all time greatest visual filmmaker there has ever, ever been .
I have never said that he is the greatest visual filmmaker there has ever, ever been and I have not seen one post proclaiming that.

I get it you aren't fond him but I am.

Lucas is a great idea guy. That is what I meant. He can come up with great premises and ideas. He just isn't the man to deliver those on film. He has always needed better writers and directors to bring it to life. "Star Wars" is an all time classic. But the jump in quality in "The Empire Strikes Back" is very telling.

I believe a great director can make any script work. The better the script, the better chance of greatness of course.

And yep, a lot of "I". It is after all opinion. I am sure we could find someone that will tell you how incredible the first Blade is, and how it is the finest comic book adaptation example there is.

I see, I figured you meant that about Lucas, to me he's simply capable of being the first to rip off Japanese material and make it fit for a hungry 70's state of cinema.
I'm not a fan of his. I don't think he can hang in today's landscape(Indy 4 proved this to me) and I think there are many real talents that take his work and do a much better job with it....see clone wars and the games.

As for Director vs work. You have a point but at the same time, there is something to be said for the difference between a game of thrones script(or material) and that D&D shooting script given to a no name director with a hungry studio.

I do believe in the power of a director though, otherwise I probably wouldn't bash Nolan as much as I do.

Funny, I don't think anyone was saying he's the greatest visual director ever. But he's a great visual creator, and he always has been. Even with films like Sucker Punch, they still look beautiful.

^ No director wars! Let's be glad that we've got good comic movies. That being said, I'm waiting for the next David Lean to appear ;)

Anyone who thinks that owl movie sucked hasn't seen it.
If only that film had been made during a less saturated time.

I have not seen one person make this claim so I don't know where you're getting this statement from.

Whether a film is good, whether a director is talented, whether a screenwriter is strong at constructing ideas, at the end of the day it is all subjective, as is film in general.
I say we all move on and focus on Superman. :o

Favreau is definitely the one who should be thanking his scripts. It's the Fav's of the industry that really have me supporting the Snyder's.
I agree, though this discussion is wearing out it's welcome.

I see, I figured you meant that about Lucas, to me he's simply capable of being the first to rip off Japanese material and make it fit for a hungry 70's state of cinema.
I'm not a fan of his. I don't think he can hang in today's landscape(Indy 4 proved this to me) and I think there are many real talents that take his work and do a much better job with it....see clone wars and the games.
I wouldn't use the games and Clone Wars as proof. Heck I wouldn't even use the books since The New Jedi Order ended at this point. Though there are some gems in the comics and some of the older books (Shadows of Mindor is the only recent book that truly gets me going) that are great examples of where the SW story could be taken.

And before Lucas could rip off Japanese film, he had to rip off Frank Herbert. :hehe:
As for Director vs work. You have a point but at the same time, there is something to be said for the difference between a game of thrones script(or material) and that D&D shooting script given to a no name director with a hungry studio.

I do believe in the power of a director though, otherwise I probably wouldn't bash Nolan as much as I do.
Not sure what you mean about GoT.

whether a film is good, whether a director is talented, whether a screenwriter is strong at constructing ideas, at the end of the day it is all subjective, as is film in general.
I say we all move on and focus on superman. :o

thank you!

Favreau is definitely the one who should be thanking his scripts. It's the Fav's of the industry that really have me supporting the Snyder's.
What scripts? One of the major problems with IM2 was there was no script. They filmed IM without a completed script. A lot of improv. You need to be thanking RDJ.

Funny, I don't think anyone was saying he's the greatest visual director ever. But he's a great visual creator, and he always has been. Even with films like Sucker Punch, they still look beautiful.
To Snyder's credit and at time detriments, he doesn't seem to care about the limitations of tech. He just films his shot, and if it looks good it looks good.

It is one of the few fears I still have here. I want the look this film to be consistent. So far, pretty darn good in that regard.

I have not seen one person make this claim so I don't know where you're getting this statement from.
It is a clear exaggeration, but the goodwill is crazy. It is not different then the Nolan boards, where you would think David Lean never existed and Nolan was the first of his kind. :woot:

I had to cut frames for that Supes catching soldier gif, so here it is in full form.

iJoubv6lLu9gv.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"