BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it would be the resolution of the great (we don't know if its the only one) Supes/Bats movie. They will still get a resolution. Just like the end of BB…there was a resolution and then they teased Joker. This movie would be no different.

It is different though. The Joker is Batman's main villain. Introducing him still keeps thoughts with Batman and his future interactions with his main villain. It doesn't change the sequel from what it was: A Batman sequel. Introducing Flash and Wondy changes this from a Bats/Supes movie to Justice League Begins and that's where peoples' thoughts will be.

If it's an after credits tag then I think it would be fine. However I'd be much more skeptical of adding it onto the end like the Joker tease in BB. For BB that was more natural since it was Batman's nemesis and a continuation of his story. I think it would be another thing altogether to tag onto what is hopefully a stand alone story for Batman/Superman with a tag to a whole other franchise like the Justice League or even the next Batman solo.

I still think that they should have someone in this film, whether it be Lois or Batman, or even Lex...comment and note on how there are other metahumans/superheroes starting to appear out of the shadows around the world, perhaps as a reaction to Superman's debut onto the scene, in order to help give a bigger allusion to the growing DC universe.

Heck, they could even have Lois say that she's colleagues/friends with Iris Allen and how she's heard from her that a mysterious speedy hero has arrived onto Central city, etc

It is different though. The Joker is Batman's main villain. Introducing him still keeps thoughts with Batman and his future interactions with his main villain. It doesn't change the sequel from what it was: A Batman sequel. Introducing Flash and Wondy changes this from a Bats/Supes movie to Justice League Begins and that's where peoples' thoughts will be.

No it's not. You are trying to make it a different thing. Teasing the next story is teasing the next story regardless if it's the new villain or the group of guys Superman teams up with. If Flash and WW show up at the end it doesn't change the movie.

As long as it's kept to a minimum and doesn't derail the film then I'm happy with cameos and/or easter eggs.

I still think that they should have someone in this film, whether it be Lois or Batman, or even Lex...comment and note on how there are other metahumans/superheroes starting to appear out of the shadows around the world, perhaps as a reaction to Superman's debut onto the scene, in order to help give a bigger allusion to the growing DC universe.

Heck, they could even have Lois say that she's colleagues/friends with Iris Allen and how she's heard from her that a mysterious speedy hero has arrived onto Central city, etc

This is what I want. If they are going to go to the trouble of adding anything then it should be added for the greater purpose of establishing the entire universe.

Marketing will be crazy on this…i'd do a campaign like they did with Twilight(i know but bear with me). Play up the whole versus thing.

Are you Team Batman or Team Superman?
Do a thing with a fast food joint where they have the Superman burger or the Batman burger.
Print up Team Batman or Team Superman T-shirts.

This is what I want. If they are going to go to the trouble of adding anything then it should be added for the greater purpose of establishing the entire universe.

This +100000

No it's not. You are trying to make it a different thing. Teasing the next story is teasing the next story regardless if it's the new villain or the group of guys Superman teams up with. If Flash and WW show up at the end it doesn't change the movie.

Yes it is. Teasing the justice league makes people think about the JL and furthers the idea that JL is the grand prize while everything else is a stepping stone at best.

1491408-super_facepalm.jpg

Marketing will be crazy on this…i'd do a campaign like they did with Twilight(i know but bear with me). Play up the whole versus thing.

Are you Team Batman or Team Superman?
Do a thing with a fast food joint where they have the Superman burger or the Batman burger.
Print up Team Batman or Team Superman T-shirts.
stop-sign-hits-weather-reporter.gif

You keep using the wrong pictures, roach. That's his face when his movie is Justice League-Lite. He's on my side.

Yes it is. Teasing the justice league makes people think about the JL and furthers the idea that JL is the grand prize while everything else is a stepping stone at best.
This is why I think one of the titles that should be considered is Justice League: The Worlds Finest, or The Worlds Finest: Superman & Batman. Adding JL to the title would add extra buzz to the film and raise movie audience curiosity even more since the film is a JL origin film basically anyhow.

The joker scene is the ending to batman begins, not the teaser to the dark knight.

Ha that vid shows how those kind of dynamic expressive white eye lens' are impossible in live-action. I'm sure we'll get the black eye make-up again. But why fix what ain't broke I guess.

I wonder if Zack Snyder will direct Justice League. I can only imagine how amazing the visuals in that would look.

Ha that vid shows how those kind of dynamic expressive white eye lens' are impossible in live-action. I'm sure we'll get the black eye make-up again. But why fix what ain't broke I guess.

I wonder if Zack Snyder will direct Justice League. I can only imagine how amazing the visuals in that would look.

I think he should co-direct it with Ben Affleck. Ben for the narrative/performances/structure, Snyder for the camera angles/aesthetics/action scenes. I think pairing him up could bring out his strengths, without the film suffering from his weaknesses. Though I think even Zack should avoid battle scenes in an urban area from now on :oldrazz:

The joker scene is the ending to batman begins, not the teaser to the dark knight.

No it's not. If the Joker card is never shown would people have walked out of the film thinking it was incomplete?

No it's not. If the Joker card is never shown would people have walked out of the film thinking it was incomplete?

You've set up a false dichotomy. The scene definitely adds to Batman Begins, that doesn't mean that Batman Begins would have sucked without it.

I mean, really?

The point of Batman Begins is in the title, "Batman Begins". That includes the world of Batman. That scene would have been an excellent scene even if no sequel had ever been made. It says that Batman will have to keep on fighting for a long time at a minimum and meet all sorts of exotic rogues.

As evidence, I submit that it is the kind of ending that a lot of fans wanted for... The Dark Knight Rises. They wanted to know that Batman would keep on fighting.

Haha, trying to argue that the Joker mention at the end of BB wasn't a tease to TDK. hehe, classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"