BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be pickup crowd shots that they want in a certain area that benefits them with October weather rather than February.

weather isn't much of a change in LA from October to Feb. I think they might be test shots...to test out of a certain shot can be done or

they may be shooting a special trailer for this that is separate from the film...like an announcement trailer or something like that.

If Superman doesnt get another solo and just appears in BvS and Justice League, I'll be pretty disappointed. I think after BvS, Justice League should be the first film to come out, but after Justice League is released, I think it's the perfect time to release another Superman solo film. With Brainiac of course!!!!!

I have no doubt that we'll see another Superman solo film

Yeah, there's more money to be made.

I have no doubt that we'll see another Superman solo film

BvS in 2015, Justice League in 2017, means we might see another Superman solo film in 2019... but then probably with different actors, and only if the whole comic book blockbuster bubble doesn't burst before then.

We have a decent shot at another Solo film in 2019, I'm so excited, unbelievably excited ...

I would welcome David Palmer in any of those roles. Also, nice to know he is a big DC fan.

David Palmer or Harry Lennix for Martian Manhunter!!!!

BvS in 2015, Justice League in 2017, means we might see another Superman solo film in 2019... but then probably with different actors, and only if the whole comic book blockbuster bubble doesn't burst before then.

We have a decent shot at another Solo film in 2019, I'm so excited, unbelievably excited ...

I think for an actor like Henry Cavill where Superman's pretty much his only ticket into the big time, he'll probably want to get contracted for 2 or more movies at least. That is unless the Man from U.N.C.L.E. becomes a major film franchise endlessly praised by critics and audiences making so much money at the box office etc or if he winds up in a bigger franchse earning even more money and praise.

Last edited:
So cool to see that Dennis Haysbert is a big DC fan, he made references to John Stewart, Martian Manhunter and the Spectre, those aren't the most famous DC characters at all he has to be somewhat of a fan

ЯɘvlveR;26891701 said:
haysbert's kinda dead on for mm isn't he?

As a role that requires a lot of CGI and/or make up it's a great fit for him. Love me some POTUS Palmer, but he is a might too old for most of the roles he talked up. John Stewart GL is really 10 years or more past for him, sorry to say. But J'onn? Using the blue outfit design and make up or CGI enhancements and he could play him easy.

Out of curiosity, Am I the only one who still wants Lucy Lawless for Wonder Woman?

Despite her age, I still really want to see her as Diana.

Out of curiosity, Am I the only one who still wants Lucy Lawless for Wonder Woman?

Despite her age, I still really want to see her as Diana.

She'd be like 50 by the time Justice League comes out. Hollywood makes age a big issue for women, so WB wouldn't cast her.

Lucy should have been locked down as THE voice actress for WW by Abdrea Romano after NEW FRONTIER.

Question for those who have or do watch the Green Arrow Television Series over at the CW; based on what you guys saw in MOS in terms of the world that it established and its tone, do you guys think that it would be possible to mesh the two world together and even later reveal on the actual TV Series that MOS does exist in that world as well?

Question for those who have or do watch the Green Arrow Television Series over at the CW; based on what you guys saw in MOS in terms of the world that it established and its tone, do you guys think that it would be possible to mesh the two world together and even later reveal on the actual TV Series that MOS does exist in that world as well?

I believe it would, considering the fact that sometime this season on Arrow, there will be 3 episodes (or so I've read) guest starring one Barry Allen, whose appearance is meant to be a precursor to a Flash TV series, which I think is also meant to be tied into a Flash movie. If that last part is true, I believe all of this - Arrow, the Flash, MOS, and Batfleck , the eventual WW and JLA movies are all meant to be part of a new DC live action universe. That last bit is a guess on my part.

Lucy should have been locked down as THE voice actress for WW by Abdrea Romano after NEW FRONTIER.

^ You mean Eisenberg :oldrazz:

But seriously, Vanessa Marshall is pretty much the only voice actress that doesn't make me cry out, "BRING BACK EISENBERG!"

I believe it would, considering the fact that sometime this season on Arrow, there will be 3 episodes (or so I've read) guest starring one Barry Allen, whose appearance is meant to be a precursor to a Flash TV series, which I think is also meant to be tied into a Flash movie. If that last part is true, I believe all of this - Arrow, the Flash, MOS, and Batfleck , the eventual WW and JLA movies are all meant to be part of a new DC live action universe. That last bit is a guess on my part.

It should be interesting to see on how this all turns out. I do wonder on how they'll then reference the events of MOS into all of this since you'd think that the discovery of aliens, let alone one that's been living among humans and is now a costumed hero would garner attention across the globe.

After rewatching MOS, I started to see more of the flaws in it. It's a good movie, just not a great one. The writing is why it suffered, here's hoping that Batfleck can help steer the script in the right direction

I also wonder if Greek mythology will be a big part of the DCU, obviously Wonder Woman has ties to Greek mythology, but I'd like to see Aquaman's ties to it, seeing as Atlantis is based on Greek mythology. I think using Greek mythology in the DCU really makes the universe rich with history, and I think the general audience would really enjoy it too.

I still think Man of Steel is everything I wanted in a comic book film, it moved along at a great pace, got Clark in costume fairly quick which I liked bad had the greatest action scenes I have ever seen in a film.

I still think Man of Steel is everything I wanted in a comic book film, it moved along at a great pace, got Clark in costume fairly quick which I liked bad had the greatest action scenes I have ever seen in a film.

NICE! :bow::bow::bow:
Same here! Its not my favorite superhero movie (I love The Dark Knight/The Dark Knight Rises too much), but to me MoS is up there with the best! Definately better than any Marvel film this far (even if i like them almost all) and I even think MoS is THE best superhero origin movie of all time. Yes, better than Batman Begins and Iron Man. Still don't get how it got that much flak. I saw it 8 times in theatres and everyone around me loved it as well.

Anyway... I hope that the team up will be even better and make a quality jump like the Batman franchise after Begins.

I'm going to have to view it again on Blu Ray, but as of now it's an 8/10.

3rd favorite movie of the summer behind STID and WWZ.

I completely agree with you! My favorite movie of the summer, hands down! I don't care what the naysayers say. I loved everything about the movie.

I also wonder if Greek mythology will be a big part of the DCU, obviously Wonder Woman has ties to Greek mythology, but I'd like to see Aquaman's ties to it, seeing as Atlantis is based on Greek mythology. I think using Greek mythology in the DCU really makes the universe rich with history, and I think the general audience would really enjoy it too.

No it's not.

But I've always felt that it should be for the context of the DCU. Atlantis' capital is Poseidonis, so I've always thought it would be good if Poseidon was the first king of Atlantis and the trident that Aquaman wields would have belongs to Poseidon and also grant him hydrokinesis power, like Tempest, Mera and Aqualad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"