BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
ILM did a ridiculously good job with recreating a good portion of New York for The Avengers. I really hope WB will be able to get them too because I honestly had no idea that a ton of those scenes in the final battle in The Avengers was done in sets with green screen I was shocked.

MPC and Double Negative did pretty good work as the main guys in MOS but I'd like to see them in a supporting role this time while ILM, WETA and Digital Domain can take the reigns.

To Man of Steel's credit The Avengers had way more VFX companies working on it than they did and MOS still ended up looking pretty darn good.

Agreed..well, not that the film is coming out in 2016....maybe most of those companies mentioned above will be available to help out with this film since Episode 7 and the Avengers will come out in 2015, and the Hobbit Franchise will have since concluded.

Which hopefully Snyder shouldn't have a problem with seeing as he has an extensive background in VFX.

ILM did a ridiculously good job with recreating a good portion of New York for The Avengers. I really hope WB will be able to get them too because I honestly had no idea that a ton of those scenes in the final battle in The Avengers was done in sets with green screen I was shocked.

Also, Marvel had a ton of second unit people filming NYC stock footage for weeks. That way when it was digitally recreated for the battle scene the composites were based fresh real world aesthetics.

Personally I found 90% of the final battle in MOS unwatchable. It was a video game blur of random building #10 falling against random building #14. That's a problem with conception, not execution. Whoever creates Metropolis needs to spend some time in New York or Chicago and map the city out similarly so it looks inhabited. If you want your audience to become familiar with and eventually care about a fictitious city you're putting on screen it has to *feel* real. Give it landmarks and character that's memorable, and spend some time glossing over it all. Hell, I remember details about Vice City more than I do this version of Metropolis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"