BvS All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't get your hopes up for an EW cover tomorrow. I feel like we would have gotten word of that by now.

Yeah some scooper would have gotten word of that and or leaked the pics already.

Wouldn't get your hopes up for an EW cover tomorrow. I feel like we would have gotten word of that by now.

But we KINDA did.

Back when Mark Hughes (I believe last week, or the week before) said that the reveals could hit in mere days (at most) should plans not be pushed back until later in March.

we get ourselves all hyped up thinking the movie is coming out next year, then they delay it. (for good reason, but still)

and we still expect a reveal sometime soon. that is insanity.

I expect some more casting news before the suit reveal. That's what I want anyways. Tell us who the other villain is, tell us what other heroes are in this, THEN show us the suit.

we get ourselves all hyped up thinking the movie is coming out next year, then they delay it.

and we still expect a reveal sometime soon. that is insanity.

They will.

Filming is STILL taking place this year, so they have to reveal them THIS YEAR.

And since word is that filming begins late this March...............

I expect some more casting news before the suit reveal. That's what I want anyways. Tell us who the other villain is, tell us what other heroes are in this, THEN show us the suit.

and maybe an official title while they're at it.

We should just hire some super hacker like Oracle to "Acquire" the images of Snyder's phone.

But we KINDA did.

Back when Mark Hughes (I believe last week, or the week before) said that the reveals could hit in mere days (at most) should plans not be pushed back until later in March.
Something as specific as a magazine cover for a major film publication is not going to be kept under wraps until release. Not in this day and age.

If BvS was going to be the cover of EW's March edition, we would have gotten word of it a week or two ago.

Seriously, who is this Mark Hughes?

He sounds like another no-name just guessing things...

and maybe an official title while they're at it.
Good point. Official title along with more casting news should be before they release the first pictures.

We wouldn't even be talking about this, and wouldn't be expecting any suit reveals if not for that damn Mark Hughes...

When exactly did he say that the suit would be revealed? He kept updating his story and changing the date of the reveal... pretty skep if you ask me. I wonder if he really knows anything about a suit reveal.

We should just hire some super hacker like Oracle to "Acquire" the images of Snyder's phone.
There were some dudes recently that got busted for hacking celebrity's phones...if only they could hack Snyder for the good of the fanboy community.

We put our faith in Hughes and Mayimbe and Jett and other randoms just because we're so desperate. But some of these guys get things right every once in a while, so they keep us hanging on just enough to somewhat believe what they're saying.

Good point. Official title along with more casting news should be before they release the first pictures.

We wouldn't even be talking about this, and wouldn't be expecting any suit reveals if not for that damn Mark Hughes...

When exactly did he say that the suit would be revealed? He kept updating his story and changing the date of the reveal... pretty skep if you ask me. I wonder if he really knows anything about a suit reveal.

on february 11th, he tweeted it could be anywhere from 6 to 12 days for a reveal. tomorrow makes day 15.

he's full of crap.

If people don't get an update soon, they're going to look like this:

ikVWd2Z5vesp5.gif

Seriously, who is this Mark Hughes?

He sounds like another no-name just guessing things...

http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2014/02/batman-wonder-woman-suits-from-batman.html?m=1

Okay, fans, get ready, a bat-suit & WW reveal seems to be imminent, as in possibly days away!
4:58pm - 11 Feb 14

The delay in start of filming might push it back a tad, but I'm hearing it may drop as originally planned in next 10 to 12 days or so.
4:59pm - 11 Feb 14

Please do keep in mind, folks, I said this is based on the apparent originally planned reveal-date, before filming was delayed...
5:17pm - 11 Feb 14

That said, I do get a sense that the reveal will probably go forward as planned, roughly in the next 2 weeks. That's my gut feeling.
5:18pm - 11 Feb 14

Last edited:
I would say the main cast is done. No more big reveals.

Henry Cavill - Superman
Ben Affleck - Batman
Gal Gadot - Wonder Woman
Jesse Eisenberg - Lex Luthor
Amy Adams - Lois Lane
Jeremy Irons - Alfred Pennyworth
Laurence Fishburne - Perry White
Diane Lane - Martha Kent

^ That's a pretty stuffed cast, in my opinion, and plenty for a poster.

I don't think we'll get another villain, either. I say we're getting Lex in the power suit, AND it's going to be based on Rules of Engagement, where Lexcorp has an army of robots.

I mean, seriously, Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman have to be fighting SOMETHING... I doubt it's JUST one villain like Metallo, but I also don't think they'll stuff the film with a dozen villains either.

I'd say Lex has robots and the third act is an invasion like The Avengers, the robots have Metropolis in a police state, and Lex is planning to take over America by force.

Sorry but Lex and robots against the Trinity sounds REALLY boring and underwhelming to me. I don't really have any interest in seeing any of the Trinity fighting robots. I want to see them fighting villains...

I would say the main cast is done. No more big reveals.

Henry Cavill - Superman
Ben Affleck - Batman
Gal Gadot - Wonder Woman
Jesse Eisenberg - Lex Luthor
Amy Adams - Lois Lane
Jeremy Irons - Alfred Pennyworth
Laurence Fishburne - Perry White
Diane Lane - Martha Kent

^ That's a pretty stuffed cast, in my opinion, and plenty for a poster.

I don't think we'll get another villain, either. I say we're getting Lex in the power suit, AND it's going to be based on Rules of Engagement, where Lexcorp has an army of robots.

I mean, seriously, Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman have to be fighting SOMETHING... I doubt it's JUST one villain like Metallo, but I also don't think they'll stuff the film with a dozen villains either.

I'd say Lex has robots and the third act is an invasion like The Avengers, the robots have Metropolis in a police state, and Lex is planning to take over America by force.

I really hope Lex doesn't have some ham fisted world domination or taking over the city scheme.

He doesn't need to do that. He already owns the city legally. His goal isn't world domination, because thats bad business for him. He just wants to kill Superman. Besides some shady business practices that's really his only reason to be a villain.

I don't think the end of Batman vs Superman should feature Lex at odds with the public. I think the end of Batman vs Superman should place Lex in a position where the public thinks he's a saint. setting up a President Lex storyline...

Sorry but Lex and robots against the Trinity sounds REALLY boring and underwhelming to me. I don't really have any interest in seeing any of the Trinity fighting robots. I want to see them fighting villains...

I mean, it's probably what we're getting, or at least a variation of it. The Avengers did it with aliens, Days of Future Past is basically doing it with Sentinels. At the most, if Metallo were to be included, maybe he's based on Lexcorp's robots/designs.

Gal Gadot is training like CRAZY, with many forms of fighting incorporated. I doubt she's fighting Lex Luthor, and I doubt she's fighting Metallo, and I doubt the training is for a fight with a single character. There's going to multiple characters for all three of them to fight, and I'm assuming at one time. I REALLY doubt there's enough room in this movie for big-name villains like Bane, or Joker, or Brainiac, or Darkseid, or Cheetah, etc. They're going to have to be throw-away villains that are easily disposable, and thousands of Lexcorp robots performing Martial Law would be one way to do it, plus Power Suit Lex.

Hell, robots could be created by Lexcorp to clean up Metropolis so the citizens don't have to. Later, they're re-programmed to take over the city. Wayne Enterprises works with Lexcorp to fund these robots, but Bruce eventually does detective work, hacks Lexcorp's computers and realizes the plan. If Metallo were included, you can have Batman vs. Metallo, Superman vs. Power Suit Lex, and Wonder Woman kicking thousands of robots' asses.

Last edited:
I mean, it's probably what we're getting, or at least a variation of it. The Avengers did it with aliens, Days of Future Past is basically doing it with Sentinels. At the most, if Metallo were to be included, maybe he's based on Lexcorp's robots/designs.

Gal Gadot is training like CRAZY, with many forms of fighting incorporated. I doubt she's fighting Lex Luthor, and I doubt she's fighting Metallo, and I doubt the training is for a fight with a single character. There's going to multiple characters for all three of them to fight, and I'm assuming at one time. I REALLY doubt there's enough room in this movie for big-name villains like Bane, or Joker, or Brainiac, or Darkseid, or Cheetah, etc. They're going to have to be throw-away villains that are easily disposable, and thousands of Lexcorp robots performing Martial Law would be one way to do it, plus Power Suit Lex.

Hell, robots could be created by Lexcorp to clean up Metropolis so the citizens don't have to. Later, they're re-programmed to take over the city.
Sorry man, I'm just not feeling it.
I've noticed based on polls and opinions that I've read around here, that most people want Lex as the main villain, with Metallo and Deathstroke as the physical threats. Maybe Lex in his powersuit could be a physical threat at the very end of the movie. That sounds good to me.

I don't think Metallo, Deathstroke and Lex would overcrowd the movie. Deathstroke needs no introduction, he's a badass looking mercenary, end of story. Metallo's origin should be shown though.

I just have no interest in seeing Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman fighting robots of all things the first time they unite on the big screen. What a let down that would be.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"