and so The Hulk beat The Sentry (now it's official tih#111)

Hulk gets some sort of gamma upgrade (from rage it seems) and affects the world with his power.

More than once, it was stated that the explosion supercharged Hulk's powers.

Yeah but I want to see where Thor owned the Hulk. I don't think I've truly seen him beat Hulk. I've seen Hulk beat him numerous times but never really the other way around.

I guess you didn't see Thor giving Hulk and the Thing an asswhipping with one arm in "The Reigning"

Actually..................no I didn't. :( I can honestly say before the past 4-5 years, the Hulk has been giving Thor a whooping pretty regularly............he and Juggs both.

The dialogue is contradictory to Pak's statement, though it really doesn't matter as Amadeus is the one saying it. Pak clearly said that the two burned each other out in the climax of that fight, with the Hulk-Bruce amalgram delivering the deciding blow to Robert in his reduced form. I don't see the logic in calling that a win for the Hulk. If that's true, then by the same token the Gray Hulk's losses should count towards the Hulk simply because they use the same vessel.

Don't get me wrong; I like the Hulk. But it's becoming nonsensical how the fanbase can only see in punches and kicks. Sometimes I think fans look at the dialogue bubbles only after looking at the art. The Hulk has a deep mythos...it's a shame that all some people see is "HULK SMASH!" :dry:

The dialogue is contradictory to Pak's statement, though it really doesn't matter as Amadeus is the one saying it. Pak clearly said that the two burned each other out in the climax of that fight, with the Hulk-Bruce amalgram delivering the deciding blow to Robert in his reduced form. I don't see the logic in calling that a win for the Hulk. If that's true, then by the same token the Gray Hulk's losses should count towards the Hulk simply because they use the same vessel.

Don't get me wrong; I like the Hulk. But it's becoming nonsensical how the fanbase can only see in punches and kicks. Sometimes I think fans look at the dialogue bubbles only after looking at the art. The Hulk has a deep mythos...it's a shame that all some people see is "HULK SMASH!" :dry:

I agree, Thor and Sentry are more God-like characters, it only makes sense that the Hulk wouldn't win to me... Seeing as the Hulk was born out of 'gamma,' science and all.

From Thor #385? Are you kidding me? Hulk accuses Thor of only being strong with his hammer and challenges Thor to fight without it Thor refuses, and Hulk took the hostage to force Thor into a fair fight. Then mopped up the city with him. Yeah, Hulk certainly looked fearful while he was rearranging Thor's face, lol. :woot:

As usual X got owned. Good work.

Yeah but I want to see where Thor owned the Hulk. I don't think I've truly seen him beat Hulk. I've seen Hulk beat him numerous times but never really the other way around.

Because Hulk > Thor.

Wow, apparently Jenkins, or whoever, has never read a Hulk comic in his LIFE.

I think it's unfair to soley put this down to Jenkins. I mean, it WAS drawn by JRJr, and he's not going to do anything he doesn't agree with. He is a big enough name to get to point out his views... As well as being a bigger name, and being around longer than Jenkins.

The book had to go through a lot of editors, as well as JQ before this went to print. Not to mention that this was a time when they were pushing the Sentry heavily, so there would've been a fair amount of internal attention before it went to print.

Also, don't forget the world was made to forget the Sentry/Void, yet he's one of the originals... That's quite a huge retcon.

It's fair enough to say that when the world was reminded, so was the Hulk.

We've never seen the 'child like,' (or any other,) Hulk react to the Void. But they DID MEET several times. What with the retcon and all. Maybe he was scared from an unknown earlier enoucnter....?

Jenkins made The Sentry. He's his baby as he says in his last interview. So he can't write the hulk as he should be, because if he wrote the hulk as he should be written Sentry would be beaten to death. See wwh#5 :word:
A nightmare for haters :woot:

Dude, even though Hulk came out on top, he certainly didn't beat the Sentry to death. The fight was so damn even that they both ended up depowered for a short while to the point where it became Bruce vs. Robert.

In terms of power, they're pretty much equal.

Yeah, the battle between Hulk and The Sentry in WWH, was left fairly ambiguous IMO. With one not really having a decisive victory over the other. But if anything, their battle conveyed to the Marvel Universe that The Sentry defeating the Hulk wasnt such a sure thing anymore (atleast not without a significant amount of casualties), like some would have liked to believe prior. And which is fine with me.

And another thing, we really can't go by Cho's assessment of the battle. He may be smart, but he's very close minded. He's too much of a Hulk fanboy to take him seriously. Which is why I like the character.

Yeah, but the Hulk looks scared, and the Hulk i read for twenty five years before the Sentry was even created was afraid of nothing....

It was shown that the Hulk has ALWAYS been deathly afraid of the Void, but is willing to fight him with the Sentry as well.

Well, the Void pretty much inspired fear in everyone in the original mini.

He inspires fear in everybody, including the Sentry.

Soul eating does that.

He'll come back for a big event. It's the current story movement, after all.

So did WWH happen before or after this current arc of the Mighty Avengers? I don't remember seeing his wife in WWH. I really wonder if they'll keep him on the Mighty Avengers after he almost destroyed New York. He wasn't even needed in the fight anyway. Hulk made his point and he was about to leave and here comes crazy Sentry to lose control. What a hero he is. :whatever:

Thankfully, we've still got the Void.

scan0001rd3.jpg

scan0002yd5.jpg

The childlike fear in the Hulk's eyes is the best part.

That was by far on of the worst written Hulk I ever saw. In the series, he gout owned by the Void and then went to curl up in the Sentry's kitchen like a dog. Plus in a whole week, he was still not healing.

X, what is it with all your hate for the character? You use to love the guy.

Dude, even though Hulk came out on top, he certainly didn't beat the Sentry to death. The fight was so damn even that they both ended up depowered for a short while to the point where it became Bruce vs. Robert.

In terms of power, they're pretty much equal.

That is exactly what I think. :up:

That was by far on of the worst written Hulk I ever saw. In the series, he gout owned by the Void and then went to curl up in the Sentry's kitchen like a dog. Plus in a whole week, he was still not healing.

X, what is it with all your hate for the character? You use to love the guy.

Posting scans doesn't mean I feel one way or another about a character.

Posting scans doesn't mean I feel one way or another about a character.

You hate the hulk. Everyone knows it.

Hulk (enraged) > Sentry all out > Void > Hulk who can't get angrier /stronger.

Sorry you can't change comics truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"