and so The Hulk beat The Sentry (now it's official tih#111)

You hate the hulk. Everyone knows it.

Hulk (enraged) > Sentry all out > Void > Hulk who can't get angrier /stronger.

Sorry you can't change comics truth.

If I may ask ye' a question, DevilHulk...!

Has is the Hulk beyond the Void even though he's lost against him twice, and never beaten him in turn?

If I may ask ye' a question, DevilHulk...!

Has is the Hulk beyond the Void even though he's lost against him twice, and never beaten him in turn?

Sentry all out (wwh#5) is > than The Void, that's simple answer.

The Void beat the hulk who can't get stronger, i don't see anything difficult to understand here. And The Sentry beat The Void. And WWH beat or proved to be > than all out Sentry.

Addressing this:

Sentry all out (wwh#5) is > than The Void, that's simple answer.

How?

The Void is the Sentry's other, his negative equal. For every good action the Sentry does, the Void counters negatively (e.g. Sentry saves a boat with 123 people, Void causes airplane crash killing 123 people). In the 2004 miniseries, when the Void struck first, it allowed the Sentry to "balance the equation", allowing Sentry to throw the Void in the sun.

Keep in mind, however, that this is temporary -- the Void will return, as noted by Sentry. So as long as the Sentry exists, so will the Void. Heck, with all the good Sentry has done in the Void's absence, it's probable that the Void is tallying it up and will eventually counter it big-time when he decides to return.

If the Sentry faced the Void like he did Hulk in WWH#5, the Void, being Sentry's other and equal, would probably adjust himself accordingly, "countering" Sentry, so to speak.

People, people....it was a draw. What they did in their human form is inconsequenial. It's official. A draw.

Yeah Hulk did beat something of Thor's black and blue!
I'm not so sure Hulk, yes, a pissed off Hulk, could take out a Thunder god that is "no longer holding back..." It looks as if Stracynski is writing Thor to his potential...

Addressing this:

How?

The Void is the Sentry's other, his negative equal. For every good action the Sentry does, the Void counters negatively (e.g. Sentry saves a boat with 123 people, Void causes airplane crash killing 123 people). In the 2004 miniseries, when the Void struck first, it allowed the Sentry to "balance the equation", allowing Sentry to throw the Void in the sun.

Keep in mind, however, that this is temporary -- the Void will return, as noted by Sentry. So as long as the Sentry exists, so will the Void. Heck, with all the good Sentry has done in the Void's absence, it's probable that the Void is tallying it up and will eventually counter it big-time when he decides to return.

If the Sentry faced the Void like he did Hulk in WWH#5, the Void, being Sentry's other and equal, would probably adjust himself accordingly, "countering" Sentry, so to speak.

Basically Sentry and the void are equal.

More like WWH defeated Super Saiyan 3 Sentry. An impressive achievement.

To clarify, both the Hulk and Sentry expended so much energy that they forced each other to revert to their human forms. Bruce Banner got the last punch in and Robert said thanks before falling promptly to the floor. Then you see a small green glint in Bruce's eye, which Pak said to signify the Hulk and Bruce "achieving equilibrium for one, brief moment".

Then Miek attacked Rick Jones and made Bruce angry as heck, making him transform to Hulk again.

Bottom line is .....

They beat each other till Sentry got knocked out ..... and Hulk was Hulk again 3 seconds later.

If it had been a fight to the death ....... Hulk would have killed a defenseless sentry.

The Sentry boys can try to spin it any other way they want ..... It was right there in print ...... Hulk was the Strongest one there is.

Obviously the writting in this fight is a mess, but it's important to consider that the Sentry and the Hulk tied eachother, and that the Hulk was pushed so hard and so fast that he burnt out just like the Sentry did.

Now the WWH was still just as angry when he was fighting the sentry and when he was shut down and forced to revert to Bruce Banner. It was only the death of Rick Jones and betrayal that allowed Bruce to revert into the WWH persona because it pushed Bruce well beyond the measure of anger he previously had, and even than not very gracefully, and leaking gamma radiation all over the place, while still being Bruce Banner, sort of. It's pretty clear that the Hulk burnt out just like Reynolds, Rick Jones dying was the equivalent of Superman getting an emergency dose of yellow sun radiation after 'shutting down'.

Y'know never mind, the writting what just a vague mess of fluff and a crappy event. I don't know why I'm even putting thought into this. :dry:

Bottom line is .....

They beat each other till Sentry got knocked out ..... and Hulk was Hulk again 3 seconds later.

After Miek forced him to become angry.

If it had been a fight to the death ....... Hulk would have killed a defenseless sentry.

Well, technically, it'd be Bruce killing Robert. Unless you identify Robert as a powerless Sentry. But, by that logic Bruce is powerless Hulk.

There's also the direction where Bruce induces anger in himself, transforming into Hulk again and killing Robert. Which is not impossible.

The Sentry boys can try to spin it any other way they want ..... It was right there in print ...... Hulk was the Strongest one there is.

Second to Squirrel Girl and her mighty powers!

I feel this needs re-posting, since no one seems to bother reading this particular interview as much as they probably should around here:

NRAMA: The Sentry’s "Goodbye old friend" - what was that prelude to? I don't mean to sound like the guy who only saw the special effects and missed the story - but what happened to the Sentry and Hulk to change them back to Bob and Bruce? Was this Bruce consciously deciding to stop, to save the world by sending the Hulk away?

GP: "Goodbye old friend" is the Sentry's way of saying that he figures they're both going to die now that he's unleashed his power so completely. Bob and Bruce appear because these two megaheavyweights have pounded each other so hard and so long that they've forced each other to revert to their respective puny human forms.

MP: And thank God they weren’t naked!

NRAMA: What an…interesting thing to bring up…

MP: Just saying…

NRAMA: Bruce, with the eyes of green...that's a...new look for him, huh? What's it signify?

GP: It's Bruce and the Hulk achieving a new equilibrium for one brief, shining moment. Ah, what could have been...

MP: This was something Greg and I talked about a lot in the past--the merging of the two personas…the potential of a Banner/Hulk amalgamation. It’s something you see come to fruition in “Peaceful Planet”, the second story in the What If? Featuring Planet Hulk that came out last month. But it’s a cool concept that may, some day, be explored further.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=136412

Honestly the merging of Bruce and the Hulk is something that I think is a little overdue. It probably wouldn't be permanent, but nothing is. WWH Hulk seems close to how Bruce would end up, if only a little less violence thirsty, and very smart.

Whatever, Doc Samson already achieved a merger between Bruce and the Hulk--the Professor. I don't care if Jenkins says it's a new personality unto itself; PAD intended for that to be the Hulk and Bruce finally working in harmony.

I'm hoping the Hulk with glasses is our opportunity to see the Professor again sometime soon.

Whatever, Doc Samson already achieved a merger between Bruce and the Hulk--the Professor. I don't care if Jenkins says it's a new personality unto itself; PAD intended for that to be the Hulk and Bruce finally working in harmony.

I thought it was just Bruce with the body of the Hulk, granted I've never read those stories so I'm probably wrong. :o

Professor was dark and brooding?

No, the Professor was an unrepentant badass with the brain of one of the foremost supergeniuses on Earth. In short, he ****ing ruled.

Why is anyone even seriously trying to post anything logical? You're not going to sway the opinions of any Hulk bible beater of anything except exactly what they want to believe.

It's kind of like religion!

Alright, now I havn't read World War Hulk, or Planet Hulk, or anything with The Sentry in it other than Mighty Avengers, so im completely and totally 100% unbiased, and this dude with his hulk>sentry>void>hulk thing, is ******ed.

That's honestly like saying that if jubilee from the x-men cartoon show (the completely and toatlly useless pos) somehow beat cyclops because she got dust in his eye and knocked him out or something, that she's automatically better than the rest of the x-men, because cyclops took out pretty much the whole team at one point without so much as breaking a sweat and did it just to prove a point?

You're ****ing dumb dude.

Why is anyone even seriously trying to post anything logical? You're not going to sway the opinions of any Hulk bible beater of anything except exactly what they want to believe.

It's kind of like religion!

You ask for logic, you'll get logic:

(Let's start with: The Sentry calms The Hulk)

1) Void beat The Hulk who could not get angrier/stronger
2) The Sentry beat The Void
3) The Sentry could not beat an hulk who could get angrier/stronger
4) The Sentry all out was koed with no more power and life; Green eyes Bruce/Hulk was the last man standing
5) at that point Bruce, changed again into the hulk, could have killed Sentry

You don't want to accept hulk beat Sentry ? Ok, Bruce beat Bob (not that i agree with but...) so you MUST accept : Hulk > Sentry.

Think two engines.
Thinks now about two cars going at the same speed in a contest of speed but at the end of the competition one has the the burned engine, while the latter goes faster and faster. No contest about who's the best of the two, right ?

2) The Sentry beat The Void

Problem: the Void and the Sentry are equal, like an equation.

Whatever the Sentry does, the Void counteracts. It's literally the gimmick. If Sentry went all out against the Void, the Void would adjust accordingly to match (action = reaction)

The only reason Sentry defeated the Void in the 2004 mini was that the Void first unbalanced the equation, allowing Sentry to balance it by promptly throwing him in the sun.

But the Void will return.

Heck, for all the good Sentry did in the Void's absence, the Void is probably tallying it up, waiting to come back with a bang.

You're oversimplifying how Sentry got rid of the Void.

5) at that point Bruce, changed again into the hulk, could have killed Sentry

By an external factor aka Miek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"