Ant-Man: Easter Eggs & References (SPOILERS)

Wasp flashes a couple times in the Microverse/Quantum realm

Hopes Wasp suit resembles a couple of the comic versions.

The ant hill in Hanks lab is an exact replica of one from the comics.

Hank using ants to be his eyes and ears in the world is straight from his Ant-Man days in Tales To Astonish/early Avengers. Hank doesn't use ants that way in recent years in the comics.

Darren Cross in the movies having Ultron's daddy issues in regards to his relationship with Hank.

People in my audience "ooooohhh"-ed when Hank went on about how Tony's Iron Man tech was "cute" and bringing up the falling city.

Pretty clear that Pym still isn't a fan of the Stark family.

Scott isn't a fan of Tony stark either going by his interview with Christine Everhart.

The stuff I caught

1)Avengers reference by Lang - "Lets call the avengers"

2)Tony Stark and Ironman reference by Pym - "wouldn't want stark to get his hands on this suit"

3)AOU reference by Pym (Country falling down)

4)Spiderman reference by a shield staff - Mentioned here

5)I am not sure if this is an easter egg... but the MCU version of Hope seems to behave more like the original wasp (her mum) than her comic counterpart (especially when she gets the wasp outfit_ and Darren Cross behaves more like Eric O'Grady (the 3rd Ant man) than his comic counterpart

6)Darren Cross also behaves quite similar to O' Stane from Ironman1. Balding. Corporate Evil Dude. After a suit created by a good guy...etc

7)Milgrom hotel - named after Al Milgrom known for his west coast avengers comics

8)Microverse - It was called Sub Atomic "something" in the movie. Pym mentions "a reality where all concepts of time and space are irrelevant". Have to say...this has to be somewhat releated to Doc Strange.

9)Hydra - They are truly still alive. And the Hydra dude run away with the yellowjacket formula (not sure if you can classify this under easter egg)

10)Stan lee cameo - I didn't catch it. But I heard from my frens that he was on the "dance floor" scene when Lang was in his "Ant-form".

11)The awesome post-credit scene

Hope is actually nothing like Janet other than resembling her from some runs in the comics.

Darren Cross being a rehash of Obadiah Stane isn't really an Easter egg.

Scott isn't a fan of Tony stark either going by his interview with Christine Everhart.

Didn't watch that yet. Interesting.

Well with that and Falcon recruiting him, I think it's clear whose side Scott will be on for Civil War.

We see in 1989, incomplete Triskelion in Washington

Ant-Man & Wasp together on a mission.

Ant-Man was a covert secret weapon agent of Shield during the cold war going on various missions.

We see the next version of The Wasp suit in Pym's lab for Hope.

Remember that set photo of Rudd walking past an advertisement for the green soda from TIH?

Did anyone notice if it was in the film? I don't recall seeing it.

A man is reading a paper that has an article entitled "Who is responsible for Slovania?" which is a reference to AoU.

The opening shot is the Triskelion building being built.

IIRC it was close to the end of the movie. A very short cameo though, appeared when Luis was going in circles trying to explain how he knew that an Avengers was going after Scott.

In fact, least impressionable cameo by Stan Lee ever IMO.

I take it you have never seen X-MEN (2000).....in his "blink and you miss it" part as a man standing behind a hot dog stand as Bruce Davison walks out of the ocean.

One nitpick. In the first scene in 1989, there were four characters. One of the characters got punched by Hank. In present day, the guy did not grow old at all! Maybe they missed out on that.

He most certainly DID grow old.

Did anyone else notice the falcon pop up in the middle?

Garrett Morris makes a cameo - driving the car that Scott Lands on and dents shortly after he dons the Ant-Man uniform. Morris played Ant-Man in a sketch On Saturday Night Live from 1979 that featured Margot Kidder as Lois Lane, Bill Murray as Superman/Clark Kent, Dan Aykroyd as the Flash and John Belushi as the Hulk.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/superhero-party/n8670
Thanks for explaining that. I was trying to figure out why he was in it. It's been such a long time since I've seen a clip or still from that sketch so I didn't immediately put it together.

Did anyone else notice the falcon pop up in the middle?

I think so......

At the end of the film when Falcon is looking for Lang

After Lang best Falcon he radios to somebody and tells them he really doesn't want Cap to find out about this

End credits scene is Cap, Falcon and Bucky saying they can't call Stark about their current mission and Falcon says he knows who to call (Lang)

and Cap and Falcon are there and are having some type of problem. Cap says they can't call stark and then Falcon says he knows who to call.

Also, I got the impression that Falcon and Cap had just subdued Bucky.

I wonder why Cap and Falcon are not in costume.

Man, Falcon needs some serious training.

Well with that and Falcon recruiting him,

Just curious guys...

That weapon that Lang stole from "Stark's old warehouse" seemed to do the same thing that the first weapon in Agent Carter did. Is it the same type of weapon? I missed if they named it or whatever.

I wouldn't exactly call it blink and you'd miss it - he has a full action sequence :oldrazz:

Just curious guys...

That weapon that Lang stole from "Stark's old warehouse" seemed to do the same thing that the first weapon in Agent Carter did. Is it the same type of weapon? I missed if they named it or whatever.

I thought that the was the weapon from Batman Begins that turned water into steam.

I thought that the was the weapon from Batman Begins that turned water into steam.

A weapon that turns water into steam?

Btw wasn't there a line in one of the early trailer where Scott says "Is it too late to change the name?" That's not in the movie

Garrett Morris makes a cameo - driving the car that Scott Lands on and dents shortly after he dons the Ant-Man uniform. Morris played Ant-Man in a sketch On Saturday Night Live from 1979 that featured Margot Kidder as Lois Lane, Bill Murray as Superman/Clark Kent, Dan Aykroyd as the Flash and John Belushi as the Hulk.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/superhero-party/n8670

Probably the coolest Easter egg yet, since it's not exactly a nod from the comics themselves.

When Rudd lands on the taxi, and dents it, the cab driver is Garrett Morris. The first person ever to be a live action Ant Man on SNL

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4137 4:30 seconds in

During the promotional video Cross put together for the Yellowjacket suit there is one scene with a group of guys in hazmat suits very similar to AIM agents, anyone catch that?

7)Milgrom hotel - named after Al Milgrom known for his west coast avengers comics

I think that was the wrong reference for them to use. They should've had a reference to either David Michelinie or John Byrne, the creators of the Scott Lang Ant-Man.

Yes, Pym appeared in West Coast Avengers, but he also appeared in many Avengers comics too, written or pencilled by other comic creators.

Michelinie or Byrne would've been the most appropriate, particularly Michelinie. Or they should've had a character with that name, especially since Michelinie is one of the most well-known writers for Iron Man as well. I did see Michelinie's, Byrnes and Bob Layton's names in the credits though (among others) as those comic creators given special thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"