Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there seems to be 2 different ones. At least on youtube. One of them doesn't have the bit with Ra's at the end.

That's probably the one that I saw. I keep seeing on Facebook and Twitter that they showed Ra's but I didn't see him.

That's probably the one that I saw. I keep seeing on Facebook and Twitter that they showed Ra's but I didn't see him.

Yeah I saw the short one first as well. I think they are both identical other than the Ra's bit.

Just leave now quantum. It doesn't need to connect to the DCCU to be enjoyable, that's dumb.

He doesn't need to leave, but I absolutely disagree with everything he's saying. The universes don't need to connect for either to be significant.

what happen to the Quantum Ranger post......I don't think Smallville was affected much by Superman Return neither with JL GA will for Arrow

I actually can understand Quantums feelings on the situation. I find myself less excited about season 3, knowing that it has nothing to do with the movies.

Whether its right or wrong of me, it is what it is.

Im sure by the time the season comes along I will be right there in the thick of it. But in the back of my mind, that thought will still exist.

I can see the consternation: in general, movies, with greater budgets, actors, and simplified storytelling, can hit a higher mark then most TV episodes. However, a good TV show can hit that mark a few more times if done right, thanks to seasonal story progressions, slower pacing, and the sheer number of times they get to try something.

For instance, the entire emotional tension and strife of Slade vs Ollie plays better in the show because we had an entire season of episodes featuring Slade as the heroic mentor and brother-in-arms before he became the antagonist. And while the flaws in his turn are apparent, the show carried the transition thanks to Manu Bennett getting loads more screen time to show his tragedy than he would have in a movie. Anakin Skywalker had a better reason for going to the dark side, but Slade's execution of the turn was better.

Similarly, the show has the grace of being able to reinvent and redefine a failed character translation instead of being stuck with a poor variation of a fan-favorite character. Deathstroke and Vertigo have both received new actors and new directions, Thea was pulled from the fan loathing by better writing, and Deadshot was upgraded to a more badass character design and personality after a lackluster first appearance. Even Laurel had some redemption for her code name done by Sara, and since she has so many episodes left to grow, she can get out of the stupid as well. In contrast, DC's DVD continuity is now stuck with a poser as Deathstroke until at least the next two movies, and the Mandarin (who can kind of be compared to the Count on Arrow) is only slowly unravelling the misstep made with his character.

But I've always argued for separate universes for one primary reason; TV can focus on the side characters and benchwarmers who have great potential, but perhaps not immediate marketability. And that's Arrow's checkmate to Agents of Shield, and it's a strength shared by Gotham.

I don't need the universes to be connected at all. Tv is a better story telling medium for comic book properties.

I never finished watching Breaking Bad when I found out that it had nothing to do with Argo or Need for Speed. :o

Not to mention, the best part about these properties being tv shows....we get many many MANY more hours of content as opposed to film. Instead of a 2 hour Flash film we're about to get 23 hours worth of Flash. We already have 46 hours worth of Green Arrow content. This is whats so great about tv. Yes, you have a much smaller budget but much more content.

See I agree with everyone else about tge films not over shadowing except for 1 character. That's the Flash.

With Barry getting his own TV series and with Barry being in the Justice League movie plus his own film (or team up with Green Lantern). The film version could really hurt the TV version.

I just think the tv shows are perfect setup to lesser tier characters in the cinematic one.

They all dont have to intertwine, brief mention on the news reports and keep it moving. Hell Ollie isnt even in the main justice league right now.

I guess I just like options.

Manu Bennett and Deathstroke vs Batman in a snyder Batman film would be godly.

This is my last post on it though since its null and void.

See I agree with everyone else about tge films not over shadowing except for 1 character. That's the Flash.

With Barry getting his own TV series and with Barry being in the Justice League movie plus his own film (or team up with Green Lantern). The film version could really hurt the TV version.

How could the film version hurt the TV version?
People are still gonna see the movie.
People are still gonna watch the TV show.

The Flash TV show has a huge head start because by the time The Flash hits the big screen in Justice League The Flash TV show will have 3 or more seasons under its belt and will have an established following. Those people won't be jumping ship because of the movie.

is anyone hoping that they will do another recap similar to Arrow Year one......would be great just before season start to remind us of everything that happen

While I don't see these TV shows affecting the movies or vice versa I will forever believe the main problem with DC and their movies/shows is a lack of continuity. Not saying they can't find another Green Arrow or Flash but having everything in the same universe certainly would help their cause rather than harm it.

OK. But I still find it funny how people are excited about Ra's when they cannot pronounce nor even spell his name right. Just saying.

The Arabic pronunciation of Ra's al ghul sounds exactly as how it was pronounced in the trailer.

BtmgJJtCEAAi9j9.jpg:large

I love the tease of RA's in the extended trailer. :awesome:

Is that Ollie or Roy doing the acrobatics on the big rig?

It looks like Felicity gets hurt on her date with Ollie, blood all over her head. :(

It looks like Felicity gets hurt on her date with Ollie, blood all over her head. :(

Yeah, certainly seems like they're going to quash that bug (again) pretty quickly. If she gets all banged up on date 1, Ollie will go back to the "it's not safe for you to be around me" routine.

Looks like he might apply that attitude to Diggle, too.

If only Bruce was also in this pic.
10370353_354032078077974_1896130891733314897_n.jpg

Now you see, I sort of got my wish to see stars of Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, and Constantine together.

I'd say DC came out better from the Comic-Con than Marvel.

If only Bruce was also in this pic.
10370353_354032078077974_1896130891733314897_n.jpg

lol; well technically he is since the guy that's playing Gordon has also voiced for the role of Batman in the Batman: Year One animated short.lol

All Ollie's dates end up in the Emergency Room.:hehe:

Considering that Oliver was barely able to defeat Malcom in a fight, if Ra's is a lot stronger than Malcom, I hope they portray as such where Oliver gets his ass handed to him in their first physical confrontation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"